2022-2023 California and Southwest Weather Thread

Thunder98

I've never seen a Santa Ana Wind episode affect my location even nearly this badly in all my years that I can remember.

It has been roaring and howling outside all night long. 41MPH remains my top gust ever recorded, my location is normally wind-sheltered.

617045035_Screenshot2023-01-23070303.png.f027a8d691eb8e96f0287403310d0dda.png

• Excited 1

4 hours ago, SpaceRace22 said:

Holy hell they winds are REALLY ripping out there right now. Gusting close to 50mph IMBY, and I see some stations in the foothills are over 70mph.

No word from Marine Layer yet. NWS reports show Lake Forest and Irvine near him got hit pretty hard by the winds too.

Windy, windy, STORMY here in Sacramento. Hope my fence that came down during the Jan 7 wind storm and was temporarily repaired is going to withstand this. Redwoods are dropping some big branches again. Not as cold as it has been, currently 56F but the windchill makes it pretty unpleasant. 

In other news, I am excited to see that the forecast for rain resuming in about a week is becoming more certain. Keep drying out for a bit and then hit us with more water! 

• Rain 1

18 hours ago, Reg said:

I've never seen a Santa Ana Wind episode affect my location even nearly this badly in all my years that I can remember.

It has been roaring and howling outside all night long. 41MPH remains my top gust ever recorded, my location is normally wind-sheltered.

617045035_Screenshot2023-01-23070303.png.f027a8d691eb8e96f0287403310d0dda.png

This Santa Ana wind event must have been oriented somewhat differently than usual, because the winds were not that strong here in Orange as they usually are in a strong event like this. It turned out to only be moderate as opposed to strong and didn't do any damage in my yard.