2022-2023 California and Southwest Weather Thread

Thunder98

On 4/20/2023 at 12:22 PM, ML Loather said:

Most likely dead

20230420_101812.thumb.jpg.2d8486f5245ff780ba96d52056b1fb7c.jpg

Replace damaged trees. Dig that hole and get your tree to plant. Only one more week till Arbor Day 28 April. A really amazing tree is the bald cypress. With a little help the bald cypress is a fast grower. Add a little pH increaser- the kind used in swimming pools- around the base and the tree will shoot up quickly. In 5-6 years you will have a nice green and symmetrical tree. Early in life, the tree is as handsome as our conifers. There is a short brown period, as it sheds and replaces its leaves, in the winter but only 90 days or so in warm SoCal. On a trip to San Antonio, Tx I was impressed by the size of the trees along the river there. Unfortunately for us, the tree requires a lot of water. My rain barrel under the roof eve is drained out towards the tree and keeps the water costs down. I put my cypress too close to the house and I can see it growing away -searching for the sun- and curving as it goes up. Best planted in a wide open spot.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AquariusRadar said:

Replace damaged trees. Dig that hole and get your tree to plant. Only one more week till Arbor Day 28 April. A really amazing tree is the bald cypress. With a little help the bald cypress is a fast grower. Add a little pH increaser- the kind used in swimming pools- around the base and the tree will shoot up quickly. In 5-6 years you will have a nice green and symmetrical tree. Early in life, the tree is as handsome as our conifers. There is a short brown period, as it sheds and replaces its leaves, in the winter but only 90 days or so in warm SoCal. On a trip to San Antonio, Tx I was impressed by the size of the trees along the river there. Unfortunately for us, the tree requires a lot of water. My rain barrel under the roof eve is drained out towards the tree and keeps the water costs down. I put my cypress too close to the house and I can see it growing away -searching for the sun- and curving as it goes up. Best planted in a wide open spot.

They are not my trees.

• Weenie 1