2022-2023 California and Southwest Weather Thread

Thunder98

It seems that most Santa Ana wind events this fall and winter have been over-forecast for my area here in Orange. Winds were expected to be up to 35 mph last night and this morning, yet it was dead calm here. I am not complaining about the lack of Santa Ana wind itself, but it is a sign that the overall pattern is extremely weak and anemic, and seems that there is so little "oomph" to the pattern at this time.

2 hours ago, Dan the Weatherman said:

It seems that most Santa Ana wind events this fall and winter have been over-forecast for my area here in Orange. Winds were expected to be up to 35 mph last night and this morning, yet it was dead calm here. I am not complaining about the lack of Santa Ana wind itself, but it is a sign that the overall pattern is extremely weak and anemic, and seems that there is so little "oomph" to the pattern at this time.

Not only was it dead calm, it was foggy. 

It is weird to look down on an inversion layer just 100 feet deep where the first couple hundred yards from the beach have dense fog, near zero visibility but up at my house (which is on a hill) it’s full sun and the steam from the refineries is still going straight up without resistance. it is freaky.