2022-2023 California and Southwest Weather Thread

Thunder98

Cooler than expected due to cloud cover as the sea breeze continues to roar through under it. Sometimes on days like this a nearby pop up storm will knock out the shallow marine layer and it will suddenly become a lot warmer—that happened a lot in 2015.

• Sad 1

Additional rain a bust for my area, but lots of puffy clouds to admire.

“Fake monsoon” huh? I knew it felt oddly cool with lower humidity than I’d expect. Pretty standard for late June other than, well, isolated storms. Perhaps the late season low that was turbocharging our eddy tapped into a bit of monsoonal moisture (shifted its trajectory westward)  but also kept the natural AC going for anyone within 5 miles of the water.

Just drove to Ontario Airport and back. Lightning every minute or so for the entire drive up there, all to the northeast. Ground was wet from Temescal Valley to Ontario. No lightning on the drive back, skies seemed clearer.