2022-2023 California and Southwest Weather Thread

Thunder98

According to Google reports, only 3 beaches in LAC on down haven’t broken 70. Mine is one, of course. Southern Santa Monica Bay is a microclimate within a microclimate. It’s not uncommon for our high to be cooler than even the Santa Monica pier during the summer! 

Only a few other exposed towns with weather stations feet from the water, like Malibu, Coronado, or San Clemente, can challenge it.

On the other side of the same coin, Santa Monica and Manhattan Beach are two towns that have claimed to be USDA Zone 11 in the winter, a distinction otherwise only held by parts of South Florida and the lower elevations of Hawaii.

• Sun 1
  • Rain 1

Celia’s remnants can be seen churning far to our south. We might get a swell but they’re expected to dissipate in the open Pacific around Thursday.

Low clouds already trying to roll back in here. Tomorrow should be a big shift where it’ll be a more typical grey blanket instead of low lying foggy gunk.

We often reach our high before noon here, unlike more inland areas. The exception is on days with slow clearing or atypical timing of the sea breeze.

Its kicking in hard now. 75 and dropping — will probably hover at 72-73 until near sunset and then slowly drop to the low.

• Windy 1

Not a fan of boring weather, thankfully I'm not spending the rest of my life here.

94*F currently, which is better than the last couple of days. Continues cooling off from here. Tomorrow night will be the first pleasant night to open my window in a week or so.

• Sun 1

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

They were gone pretty fast here but they have a habit of roaring back in after lunchtime, depending on the strength of the inversion and the onshore flow.

More of those scraggly middle/high clouds have been passing by last night and into today.

A pretty solid June, all things considered. The gloom wasn’t terrible; and we even got a  surprise thunderstorm event. Fingers crossed for some interesting things in July.

• Sun 1