2022-2023 California and Southwest Weather Thread

Thunder98

2 hours ago, NWbyNW said:

I'm amazed at the cool temps in San Diego.  As someone who doesn't live there, do people consider 60s to be "cold weather" there? 

Their average high in December and January is 66, so yes 60s would be considered cold there, especially with cloudy skies and a strong breeze. 

OTOH 66 on a sunny, windless day in December can feel quite warm. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

Their average high in December and January is 66, so yes 60s would be considered cold there, especially with cloudy skies and a strong breeze. 

OTOH 66 on a sunny, windless day in December can feel quite warm. 

Thank you.  I wasn't quite sure.  I've been there a few times, but never paid much attention to it before.  

SD struggling to hit 70 again. However all that southerly flow may be warming up the ocean as it’s not as gloomy as it could be. 

62-63 at my house at 9:30pm when it was usually around 58 in late May. The air temp soon after sunset at the beach can be a fairly good mirror for the ocean water. The June bugs also come out when the air temp rises above 62 or so after sunset, which tends to happen around this time. Sometimes you get this pattern during gloom where it is nearly steady at 63 day and night.