Jan 5th-7th Snowfall Potential (2 Separate Systems) - GL's Lake Effect Machine

Tom

Hello everyone. Took some time off as I’ve been battling Covid for the last few weeks. Now I’m dealing with Post Covid pneumonia. Went to the doctor and I think I’m on the road to recovery. Probably the worst sickness I’ve ever had. I read the comments from many of you about my absence and I really appreciated them. Weather was just not my top priority the last month. Forecast say potential for 6” on Wednesday. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, CentralNebWeather said:

Hello everyone. Took some time off as I’ve been battling Covid for the last few weeks. Now I’m dealing with Post Covid pneumonia. Went to the doctor and I think I’m on the road to recovery. Probably the worst sickness I’ve ever had. I read the comments from many of you about my absence and I really appreciated them. Weather was just not my top priority the last month. Forecast say potential for 6” on Wednesday. 

Glad your on the road to recovery.  This clipper seems to have eyes for your location, the 0z NAM gives ya a good snow.

snku_acc.us_c.png

snku_acc.us_mw.png

We’ve got fish falling from the sky in Texarkana.  
Yeah, …Just saying’. It’s going to be a weird year. 

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/texas-news/residents-of-east-texas-town-report-fish-falling-from-sky/2850714/

• lol 2

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

13 minutes ago, Clinton said:

12z GFS is starting to catch on to the southern storm

snku_acc.us_c.png

snku_acc.us_mw.png

I can see your area getting some accumulating snow w/ this bud......couple of inches at least.

• Like 1

Snowfall for Winter 2023 -24 for Metro Detroit Area 

Oct 2023: 0.2" AN

Nov 2023: 2.2" AN

Dec 2023: 0.5" BN Insane!

Jan 2024: 17.0" AN

Feb 2024: 1.9"  BN

Mar 2024: 4.9" BN

April 2024:

Season So Far: 26.7"

31 minutes ago, Clinton said:

I hope so, it would be nice to get a few inches.  The NAM has this feeding up your way kind of like your AFD mentioned.

Hopefully that verifies. Would like it to go a little bit more neg-tilt, but we will see. That CF coming on Wednesday kinda pushes the Thurs-Fri system a bit too far south, but we will see what happens.

Btw: Huntsville, AL received 7" of snow today 😅 That is more snow than what NYC or Boston currently have for the season so far.. This goes to show you how crazy weather can be.

• Like 3

Snowfall for Winter 2023 -24 for Metro Detroit Area 

Oct 2023: 0.2" AN

Nov 2023: 2.2" AN

Dec 2023: 0.5" BN Insane!

Jan 2024: 17.0" AN

Feb 2024: 1.9"  BN

Mar 2024: 4.9" BN

April 2024:

Season So Far: 26.7"

4 hours ago, CentralNebWeather said:

We completely understand bud and I'm glad to hear your doing better.  Many on here seem to have been effected one way or another.  Sign of the times.  Looking forward to reading your comments!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MIKEKC said:

12z CMC just came out with clear skies for KC tomorrow evening. LOL The once very snowy CMC

Another tough forecast for KC. We'll see which way the EURO goes, it has been consistent with a 1-3 inch snow in KC.

Global models say nada!  Hi-res models are able to pick up this disturbance but there is no margin for error in KC.

15z RAP

snku_acc.us_mw.png

7 minutes ago, Clinton said:

Global models say nada!  Hi-res models are able to pick up this disturbance but there is no margin for error in KC.

15z RAP

snku_acc.us_mw.png

Per Gary’s blog this morning, this system last cycle came thru and dropped about a quarter inch of precip so the disturbance is there. We just have to track to see where it goes and how much moisture it will produce this time 

• Like 1

Winter Storm Warning.  

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM WEDNESDAY TO
7 AM EST THURSDAY...

* WHAT...Snow, heavy at times, and strong winds expected. Total
  snow accumulations of 4 to 9 inches. Winds gusting as high as
  50 mph.

* WHERE...Portions of southwest and west central Michigan.

* WHEN...From 4 AM Wednesday to 7 AM EST Thursday.

* IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult. Areas of blowing
  snow could significantly reduce visibility. Scattered power
  outages are possible.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Near blizzard conditions and occasional
  whiteouts may occur. Localized heavy lake effect snow and
  hazardous travel conditions could continue into Thursday and
  Thursday night for portions of western Lower Michigan.
  • Excited 1
  • Snow 2

area around Sisseton,Wheaton SD must rank very high in # of Blizzard Warnings issued. I believe it's there 3 or 4th all ready this year.

image.png.445da8ab8dc66bb0c7246c2d22338bb6.png

• Like 2
  • scream 1

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

4 minutes ago, someweatherdude said:

If the 00z NAM ends up being correct, I will have missed both of KC's "snowstorms" by about 30 miles in each direction.  The airport got 2.2 inches last week, while I got a dusting.  KCI is 30 miles north of me. The NAM says that about 30 miles south of me is supposed to get 6 inches of snow tomorrow night while I get a dusting.  So even within the KC metro region, I may end up being right in between the two measurable snows. 

I like how the NAM has been steady in producing accumulations, lets hope it goes north and widens out a little.