Jan 14th-16th Potent Hybrid Clipper

Tom

This thing stabilized yesterday, but now the west trend, or at least the drier east edge trend, has continued.

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"

It is always pretty to see this wording in your forecast.

Friday
Snow and freezing drizzle, possibly mixed with drizzle before 2pm, then drizzle and snow between 2pm and 5pm, then snow after 5pm. High near 36. Southeast wind 9 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
Friday Night
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 16. Blustery. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
  • Like 2
  • scream 1

15 hours ago, gabel23 said:

Well said. I never knew about the track staying along the ocean. Typically clippers tend to be along a continental air mass not a maritime one. Models started with a west trend and hopefully now a more juiced one will follow! One thing for sure; I don’t recall a clipper digging that far southeast and then turning into a monster nor’easter. Only one I can recall is the superstorm of 93. That one started in Florida and cut up though. 

As I mentioned yesterday; pretty amazing how close the models are lining up with what the flow was like in 1993!

At this point I'm thinking an advisory for my area and over to Waterloo area. Maybe a broad Watch first before transitioning to advisory. I'm hoping for a Warning but being on the eastern edge of the heavy band and it trending west again doesn't bode well. Still got time though so we'll see.

26 minutes ago, james1976 said:

At this point I'm thinking an advisory for my area and over to Waterloo area. Maybe a broad Watch first before transitioning to advisory. I'm hoping for a Warning but being on the eastern edge of the heavy band and it trending west again doesn't bode well. Still got time though so we'll see.

And there it is.  4-7”

• Excited 1

4 minutes ago, OmahaSnowFan said:

Omaha NWS says screw you Omaha! You don’t get no stinkin’ watch. One would think given we’re a large metro area they wouldn’t have stopped at the county that Omaha is literally on the border of. From downtown Omaha you could throw a rock into the watch zone.

Good thing Carter Lake is under a watch, they should get more snow than Downtown and Eppley 😂 I know they have to issue most products for entire counties and have to draw the line somewhere but it's still kinda dumb. 

• Like 2

Snowfall in Lincoln, NE:

2017-18: 21.4"   2018-19: 55.5"   2019-20: 17.6"   2020-21: 49.4"   2021-22: 5.1" 🤮

Average: 26"