Massive underwater Eruption of Hunga-Tonga Volcano

Massive Eruption of Tonga volcano heightens alerts for tsunamis, air contamination, black outs.  Story is still developing.   Explosion was heard at great distances.  

From BBC 

The eruption of the Hunga Tonga-Hunga Haʻapai volcano was heard across the South Pacific, and eventually as far away as the US.

Many parts of Tonga, whose capital is just 65km south of the eruption, are experiencing a near-total blackout of power, phone lines and internet services. The extent of any injuries or damage is still unclear.

Link contains Satellite Video   
This is a big one   

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-60007119.amp

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

2 tsunamis reported. 
Explosion blew up to 60,000 feet

https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2022/1/15/tonga-issues-tsunami-warning

C75A9AA0-C5BE-41A4-B9F8-FD1D03F8D463.webp

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

• Andie changed the title to Massive underwater Eruption of Hunga-Tonga Volcano
4 hours ago, Andie said:

2 tsunamis reported. 
Explosion blew up to 60,000 feet

https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2022/1/15/tonga-issues-tsunami-warning

C75A9AA0-C5BE-41A4-B9F8-FD1D03F8D463.webp

Andie this is big because this is exactly what Robert Felix was

warning about all these years and researching on as part of his ice age cycles in both not by fire but by Ice and iceagenow.info dispite claims in the contrary he being proved right and will over time while the fools remain fools Andie.

In Alaska, residents heard booming sounds due to the shock waves that have reached the state. The National Weather Service in Anchorage confirmed that the sounds are from underwater volcanic eruptions.

Tsunamis we’re experienced all around the Pacific Ring   I’d be interested to see the resulting crater after this eruption   The devastation is certainly considerable.

Felix was one of the first to suggest publically that we’d see a new mini ice age due to the sun and volcanic activity.  
I’ve been wondering when the quakes and volcanos would wake up.  

22 hours ago, weatherfan2012 said:

Andie this is big because this is exactly what Robert Felix was

warning about all these years and researching on as part of his ice age cycles in both not by fire but by Ice and iceagenow.info dispite claims in the contrary he being proved right and will over time while the fools remain fools Andie.

We'll see if we get some bigger ones in the coming months and years.  It seems like VEI 7s are the ones that really play a major role in global cooling. It's pretty amazing how those huge eruptions changed the course of history in the past.

• Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

5 hours ago, snow_wizard said:

We'll see if we get some bigger ones in the coming months and years.  It seems like VEI 7s are the ones that really play a major role in global cooling. It's pretty amazing how those huge eruptions changed the course of history in the past.

Hi Snow!   You’ve been much missed.  Nice to hear your thoughts.  I agree and there’s a good chance we’ll see more.  

I’m very interested in the details on this one. The damage underwater, it’s affects on life in that area underwater.  To create an above water blast like that took some real pressure.  
Fascinating from space.  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/how-a-volcano-severed-tonga-from-the-world/ar-AAT0FNR?ocid=NL_ENUS_A1_20220123_1_2&bep_ref=1&bep_csid=41212

The damage is extensive. 3 fatalities.  
Tonga is completely cut off from the world. The only communications cable snapped. 
It was as if a nuclear detonation had gone off and a 300 mile wide cloud of ash rose into the sky then rained down on the island.  
much of Tonga will need to be rebuilt. As one of the most isolated islands this will take years.  

I went to college with a woman from Tonga. Kind, happy, and very bright. She returned home and became a teacher.  She was known for always wearing her sarong over jeans and a tee shirt with tennis shoes. She never abandoned her idendity or love for Tonga. 

This is a good article. Worth your time. 

D87FCDFE-82D1-4B95-BD9D-41E12F547ED3.jpeg

Some very nice images and illustrations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZZVVwqZ0rs