2/1 - 2/3 MW/Lower Lakes Major Winter Storm (GHD-3)

Tom

2 minutes ago, someweatherdude said:

Amazing how much difference 50 miles can make.  

2 minutes ago, mlgamer said:

GFS has now had two consecutive south shifts (06z, 12z) in my area. One county north of me is out of the heavy snow.

I don't like how close you guys are to the NW edge.  I would like the second wave to shift NW, it only hit the SE corner of the city

• Like 1

12z Euro...takes the second wave farther south...if this holds, I can live with this...the good thing for NE IL it is certainly pointing towards a Lehs/LES scenario.  It is advertising a lake plume right into Lake/Cook counties.  As always, these are fickle to forecast and won't be dialed down until about 12-24 hours before the event.

INDY in the crosshairs of a potential historic snowstorm...they have had it the worst this season...S MI peeps looking good also...as well as KC/MO...

1.png

• Like 1
  • Snow 1

6 minutes ago, FV-Mike said:

Gosh, just need about a 25-40 mile shift north to be in the good stuff. Very close

Gut feeling you start seeing minor shifts NW which really is all you need. Hope to see minor adjustments starting with the 18z runs. You still have time.

• Like 1

Finished wrapping up my move into the south burbs yesterday (Tinley Park). I still have a place in the city but love my new place down here. Only problem is neither the girl I’m living with nor I even have a shovel since we’re both from the city and we now have a massive driveway lol so we’re both a bit nervous!

• lol 1

I'm definitely envious of those tracking this one and in the path.  Models (outside of the GFS) really honed in on this one several days ago.  For awhile it looked really good for Iowa, but by Friday the Euro and everyone besides the GFS had this locked in pretty much where it is now.  Some minor changes from run to run, but the general idea of northern MO and central to northeast IL has held mostly true.  

• Like 3