February 2022 Observations and Discussions

Grizzcoat

On 2/24/2022 at 11:54 PM, snowstorm83 said:

Sooooo LNK will still be at 3.7" for the season indefinitely. Lowest season is 7.2" in 1967-68, and even using Ken Dewey's records back to 1900, 67-68 is still the winner. This is downright scary if you ask me. 

It's the same here in southern WI.

https://www.aos.wisc.edu/~sco/clim-history/stations/msn/MSN-TS-ANN-S.gif

We are just a little over 20in right now for the season, 66/67 seems like it was a winter that sucked for NE and WI. Probably similar pattern too.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, gimmesnow said:

It's the same here in southern WI.

https://www.aos.wisc.edu/~sco/clim-history/stations/msn/MSN-TS-ANN-S.gif

We are just a little over 20in right now for the season, 66/67 seems like it was a winter that sucked for NE and WI. Probably similar pattern too.

Well good sign with the following winter; that line shoots straight up! The silver lining, even though we have to wait a year, is there will be no way we get less than 10" next year. We have never had back to back winters with less than 10" in recorded history. Typically you see an average or above average after a winter we have experienced. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gabel23 said:

Well good sign with the following winter; that line shoots straight up! The silver lining, even though we have to wait a year, is there will be no way we get less than 10" next year. We have never had back to back winters with less than 10" in recorded history. Typically you see an average or above average after a winter we have experienced. 

Jim Flowers sort of hinting at this also. If any of these storms on the GFS or Euro would come true, we could match or exceed our yearly snowfall so far. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CentralNebWeather said:

Jim Flowers sort of hinting at this also. If any of these storms on the GFS or Euro would come true, we could match or exceed our yearly snowfall so far. 

That is what I'm expecting to see happen next month...the pattern is ripe for multiple hits and storms coming out of the W/SW...I'm encouraged at what I'm seeing.

• Like 2

Closing out meteorological winter.

Today is the last day of meteorological Winter! Winter 2021-2022 will go down as tied for the 22nd warmest out of 134 years. It is the 8th driest (1.96" of precip) on the 134 year record. And, it is the 52nd snowiest (15.4") on the 134-year record.
  • Like 3

Temperature ranges have been getting even crazier. I just noticed that LNK bottomed out at 8 yesterday morning and hit 59 by the afternoon. Almost identical today, except 10 degrees warmer. 18 in the morning and it's currently 69. Humidity has also bottomed out at 10%. I guess I don't really have any complaints that haven't already been dwelled on, but it's amazing how the situation continues and worsens. 

• Like 3

Snowfall in Lincoln, NE:

2017-18: 21.4"   2018-19: 55.5"   2019-20: 17.6"   2020-21: 49.4"   2021-22: 5.1" 🤮

Average: 26"

70 Today.  Slowly rising to 81 on Saturday with a 20% chance of rain. 

Mix of clouds and sun.  Early spring like  weather 

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

1 hour ago, snowstorm83 said:

Temperature ranges have been getting even crazier. I just noticed that LNK bottomed out at 8 yesterday morning and hit 59 by the afternoon. Almost identical today, except 10 degrees warmer. 18 in the morning and it's currently 69. Humidity has also bottomed out at 10%. I guess I don't really have any complaints that haven't already been dwelled on, but it's amazing how the situation continues and worsens. 

I can't remember ever having 50 degree daily rises in temps and it keeps happening. Strange stuff.

• Sun 1

• Tom unpinned this topic