November 2015 in the Pacific Northwest

MikeInEverett

60 mph, instead of the 75mph they were mentioning previously 

Ahhh... OK.

It reads funny.   Like you were saying 55 to 55 and then threw in a '60 vs 75'.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Per Cliff Mass latest update...

Drought talk is no longer appropriate....our water situation, including the levels of our reservoirs, is now in good shape.  During the past two weeks we have received enough water to supply our urban areas for six months.   And I didn't even talk about the modest rain and wind on Monday and the system on late Wednesday.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Per Cliff Mass latest update...

Drought talk is no longer appropriate....our water situation, including the levels of our reservoirs, is now in good shape.  During the past two weeks we have received enough water to supply our urban areas for six months.   And I didn't even talk about the modest rain and wind on Monday and the system on late Wednesday.

When I read his blog, I knew you would find that little tidbit.  Of course it doesn't apply to Oregon.  Now hopefully we can score a respectable snow pack up here this year. 

• Like 1

Has anyone actually said the Seattle area is in drought recently? Tim brings it up nearly every day like he still needs to convince people.

Yes.   

And we are not in a drought up here.   :)

Sorry Oregon.   

Lots of time for that to change! I have a feeling we will end up with some cold and white, just a matter of how long, how cold, and how white. Perhaps a repeat of Nov. 2014?

Things could be worse I suppose.

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

No one has been saying western WA is in a drought since the summer. But go ahead and keep reminding us every day how wet it's been up there.

Bend, OR

Elevation: 3550'

Snow History:

Nov: 1"

Dec: .5"

Jan: 1.9"

Feb: 12.7"

Mar: 1.0"

Total: 17.1"

2016/2017: 70"

2015/2016: 34"

Average: ~25"

2017/2018 Winter Temps

Lowest Min: 1F on 2/23

Lowest Max: 23F on 12/24, 2/22

Lows <32: 87

Highs <32: 13

No one has been saying western WA is in a drought since the summer. But go ahead and keep reminding us every day how wet it's been up there.

Oh yes they have been.   Many times.   

Just today it was mentioned by Snowmizer.  

He didn't say the Seattle area was in drought. He said he saw a mountain shed that was still low recently.

Whatever...keep the updates coming! The people need to be reminded on a daily basis that the drought is over, and in fact the North Bend area is now deep in the throes of ANTI-drought and forlorn snowmen.

A forum for the end of the world.

I just searched drought in the October and November threads. Not a single post was made pertaining to a drought in western WA except by people in Western WA/ SW BC mocking the lack of a drought.

• Like 1

Bend, OR

Snow History:

2017/2018 Winter Temps

He didn't say the Seattle area was in drought. He said he saw a mountain shed that was still low recently.

Whatever...keep the updates coming! The people need to be reminded on a daily basis that the drought is over, and in fact the North Bend area is now deep in the throes of ANTI-drought and forlorn snowmen.

Its raining again!   

Did I mention that we have no water issues here now?   We have no water issues here now.   There has been copious rain since August.    Way above normal.   :)   

I just searched drought in the October and November threads. Not a single post was made pertaining to a drought in western WA except by people in Western WA/ SW BC mocking the lack of a drought.

Don't make me go back through it... too much work.   :)   Front Ranger (Jared) just posted a little while ago about how one event cannot erase the drought in WA.    That is not the only one.  The drought maps were posted last month on a few occasions to show how dire the situation is after our insanely dry summer.     Just not for WA any longer despite those maps.

We are still in a drought!      It can rain forever and they still call it a drought.  

http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/data/pngs/20151110/20151110_usdm_home.png

I did a search for the word "drought" in the November thread.  Not a single post showed up worrying about Washington drought.  Mostly Tim telling us it was over. 

I usually don't waste my time doing stuff like that, but I had to. So sick of hearing about it. 

Bend, OR

Snow History:

2017/2018 Winter Temps

Don't make me go back through it... too much work.   :)   Front Ranger (Jared) just posted a little while ago about how one event cannot erase the drought in WA.    That is not the only one.  The drought maps were posted last month on a few occasions to show how dire the situation is after our insanely dry summer.     Just not for WA any longer despite those maps.

We are still in a drought!      It can rain forever and they still call it a drought.  

First, that was weeks ago. Over a month ago, early October. Apparently that post had a great impact on you.

And I wasn't claiming your area was in drought, I simply posted a map showing that most of the PNW was indeed officially in drought still. At that time. We all know it has rained plenty since then.

A forum for the end of the world.

First, that was weeks ago. Over a month ago, early October. Apparently that post had a great impact on you.

And I wasn't claiming your area was in drought, I simply posted a map showing that most of the PNW was indeed officially in drought still. At that time. We all know it has rained plenty since then.

I think it was more recent... in conjunction with the Halloween event.

Its raining again!

Did I mention that we have no water issues here now? We have no water issues here now. There has been copious rain since August. Way above normal. :)

It is nice to see mod preview at least back on the table. Climo is what makes the PNW the PNWet!

• Like 3

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

It is nice to see mod preview at least back on the table. Climo is what makes the PNW the PNWet!

That comment was in jest my friend... just mocking myself with more comments about drought.

I have not complained at all about the rain.  Just called out those who say its not raining enough up here.

Even so... I should be afforded hundreds of posts directly complaining about rain if the same rules apply as those complaining about warm anomalies!      But I don't care to complain about the inevitable.   :)

That comment was in jest my friend... just mocking myself with more comments about drought.

I have not complained at all about the rain. Just called out those who say its not raining enough up here.

Even so... I should be afforded hundreds of posts directly complaining about rain if the same rules apply as those complaining about warm anomalies! But I don't care to complain about the inevitable. :)

I didn't say it was imminent, just at least back on the table. We'll see...

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.