2/16 - 2/18 Plains/GL's Cutter

Tom

3 minutes ago, Clinton said:

Agree the HRRR is good for everyone south of the Missouri River.  @mlgamerit's gonna be close for you, I would just close my eyes and then look out the window tomorrow morning lol.

lol...but on the bright side, the GEM, RGEM, and ICON were all pretty good to me tonight so there's that. Pretty much radar mode plus RAP and HRRR going forward. Anything from 0" to 12+" still on the table...lol

• Like 1

23-24 seasonal snow total: 17.8" (as of 3/9/24)

Last global run as it's nowcast time and watch radar trends, etc....0z Euro showing a healthy swatch of snow just south of KC (I feel your pain) up to DTX....good luck to everyone in the zone of opportunity to get a good dose of snow.  Boy, doesn't this one really resemble GHD-3.  I'm hoping to see enough to cover the brown grass that has shown up from the snow melt.  On to the next one!

1.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Clinton said:

TweetSee new TweetsConversationNWS Kansas City@NWSKansasCityKansas City picked up 1.8" as of snow as of 6AM. Snow rate of 1-2" per hour will be possible through the morning hours.
#MoreToCome

Boom!  How many models saw this coming?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Clinton said:

Not many.  I have received 1in in the last 45 min and rates are picking up with big flakes.

Enjoy this storm my friend and good luck!

Just now, Clinton said:

Latest run of the HRRR looking better for you Jaster, Niko.

snku_acc.us_mw.png

Hope to score a few inches…

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jayhawker85 said:

Snowing moderately here where I’m at. Already have about 4 inches of snow on the ground and another round of moisture coming up from the south.

latest news cast has my area in 6-10 for total accumulations

New area of snow developing just north of Wichita should help you and Mlgamer out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jayhawker85 said:

I can’t wait!! Looks like the GFS and NAM were correct after all with its modeling!

downtown and KCI reported thundersnow this morning around 4am! Wow!!

It's why we should let the storm play out before trashing it.  The Canadian models came in late and got it right, the Euro has already failed for KC and it's only 8:15.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, mlgamer said:

That heavier snow to the southwest has worked it's way in here and it's really ripping at the moment. Turning out to be a fun storm! 👍

Happy your in it and doing well, last night was kinda scary!  I'm currently getting some of the heaviest snow I've had so far.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, someweatherdude said:

It's really hard to get a good sense here in our neighborhood.  It's a bit hilly and there are lots of houses and trees. There are bare spots because the wind is blowing so much.  And then spots where the drifts are piling up.  

Same here, I live in a very rural area and after the last storm we had some 3ft drifts, in fact some of it survived the big warm up .  I think we will have that again this time.

• Like 1