President's Day - Washington's B Day Winter Storm

Tom

Another overhyped event. Schools are already delaying and canceling activities for tomorrow......forecast for inch or less of snow and a glaze of ice. WOW. What is this.....North Carolina??? When I was a kid sh*t didn't get canceled til the morning of and only if it was a lot of snow and/or ice.

I'll be shocked if it's bad in the morning. Maybe it will be???? But as of right now it doesn't seem to look too bad.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, james1976 said:

Another overhyped event. Schools are already delaying and canceling activities for tomorrow......forecast for inch or less of snow and a glaze of ice. WOW. What is this.....North Carolina??? When I was a kid sh*t didn't get canceled til the morning of and only if it was a lot of snow and/or ice.

I'll be shocked if it's bad in the morning. Maybe it will be???? But as of right now it doesn't seem to look too bad.

I don’t drive on ice.  And I really don’t want to drive on ice to take my kid to the high school tomorrow where a bunch of 14 and 15 year olds are driving….

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OmahaSnowFan said:

The “I refuse to snow” winter continuing right now, as we have freezing drizzle/mist with a temp of only 20 degrees🙄

I didn't expect any precip it's been flurrying hard enough to give us a very light dusting. I noticed earlier that temps were falling a bit ahead of schedule. 

• Like 2

Snowfall in Lincoln, NE:

2017-18: 21.4"   2018-19: 55.5"   2019-20: 17.6"   2020-21: 49.4"   2021-22: 5.1" 🤮

Average: 26"

19 minutes ago, Madtown said:

outside of the lake enhanced snow in Bayfield/Duluth this as of now is a bust. 6" in Ironwood, where 12-19" was predicted.  Maybe things change today, but I would be surprised to reach 8" total over the 2 days here. 

I'd be surprised if we reach 4 here.

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

3 hours ago, james1976 said:

Drive in to work was fine. Cautious in a couple areas but mainly dry. Spitting a little snow/sleet. 

Left at 7:30 to take the kid to school.  Roads were fine.  20 minutes later driving back home roads were not fine.    In the city. Thankfully everyone was driving super cautiously.  (Cedar falls) 

• Like 1

View from my street.

If I had to guess, I'd say 3-4"? Ripped pretty well at my work in St. Paul for a couple of hours and the drive home was hectic, but nothing super showstopping about this snowfall. Just another nuisance. 8°F.

20220222_145615.jpg

• Like 5
  • Snow 1

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

• Tom unpinned this topic