2016 Fall Off Topic Thread AKA Football or Politics

MossMan

Rasmussen continues to show Trump at 52%. Huge contrast to the other polls (the same ones that showed Hillary winning buy 10%) the media likes to sight. The mainstream media has gotten so predictable. :rolleyes:

Rasmussen poll has plummeted 14 points in recent weeks.   

All approval ratings polls are falling.

No doubt why that is happening with the circus in the White House.   :lol:

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

This just makes me sick what people are saying about the Oroville Dam Crisis. The irony is that the people being affected by this crisis voted more for Trump than Clinton. Some people automatically think if your from a blue state you're all Democrat and if your a red state you're all Republican. People need to be kind to one another and stop judging people based on their appearance and where they live.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2017/02/13/what-caused-the-oroville-dam-crisis-some-christians-online-blame-ca-liberals-for-defying-god/

Wow... the right is so hateful.   Just a disgrace.   They are losing their minds.    Blaming God for punishing CA?  Goofy.

I would say in the big picture God is saving CA with water... a true blessing.  

Wonder what happens with the next tornado outbreak in the Rust Belt or the next hurricane to slam Florida or the Gulf of Mexico or the Deep South.   Would God dare to punish an area with Trump supporters?   

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

The cell phone thing is the most important part of your post? Really? How about addressing the more important parts of my post, a la transparency?

Anyways, yeah, if it's true, he should use a new cell phone. But discussing something that is, at best, an unsubstantiated claim seems a little counter-productive.

I guess I didn't see those as great examples of transparency. The signing executive orders with cameras all over was for show. 

And the cell phone issue seems no less substantiated than the Clinton email fiasco.

Russian plot thickens!

Did Flynn really act on his own telling the Russians not to worry about the sanctions that Obama just implemented? Really?

This all started when Putin did not retaliate against Obama's new sanctions. That was strange behavior and US intelligence knew something was wrong. Who owes Putin favors?

Pretty sure Flynn was operating with the support of Trump. Trump has been acting unusual when being asked about Putin for months now.

My guess on what really happened:

• Trump and Putin worked together to influence the US election.
  • Obama punishes Russia for influencing the US election.
  • Trump/Flynn call Putin's people to say don't worry about it. We got your back.

Now what they can prove? You would have to be foolish not to at least suspect something like the above scenario. I think most people in DC have a healthy level of suspicion about this now.

Most likely they will not be able to concretely implicate Trump... and he will get away with it.

Stay tuned! Or ignore this and say I am completely wrong and nothing is going on. :)

While I don't agree with everything he says, Bill O'Reilly lays out a damning case against the national press regarding coverage of last week's ICE raids. He shows a clip from Joy Reid's show over on MSNBC (one of the worst newscasters there is, in my opinion) where a guest of hers literally lies with every word he speaks. They have people like that guy on-air then turn around and do a story about how Trump needs to tell the truth more. That's incredibly rich.

https://youtu.be/1L2hkmzXjDw

From what I can see... the raids have been nothing unusual and just routine and very important.   The left seems to want to single out sob stories and imply that its horrible to deport these people... but there will always be sob stories in these raids.   Its inflammatory and being unfairly reported.  

Yet another and now huge crisis in the Trump administration. There is more to this scandal than has been revealed. The intelligence community has found seriously damming information with Flynn and other Trump officials.

Impeachment is on the way.  

hawkstwelve, on 13 Feb 2017 - 8:23 PM, said:hawkstwelve, on 13 Feb 2017 - 8:23 PM, said:

Source?

Trump fired the Obama attorney general/ justice department; she reported Flynn's inappropriate contact with Russians weeks ago.

I've been having some fun tonight visiting the online sites that are being boycotted by the liberals because they advertise on Breitbart.  Time to start offsetting the damage they are doing.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Trump fired the Obama attorney general/ justice department; she reported Flynn's inappropriate contact with Russians weeks ago.

This whole Russian thing is a red herring.  I'm almost certain of it.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

snow_wizard, on 13 Feb 2017 - 8:32 PM, said:

I've been having some fun tonight visiting the online sites that are being boycotted by the liberals because they advertise on Breitbart.  Time to start offsetting the damage they are doing.

Noticed Bill OReilly spent the entire hour complaining about liberal attacks on Trump instead of acknowledging the painful reality that this president is both unfit and even dangerous to the nation.

Do you get your news from anywhere but Breitbart?

I've actually spent the last 20 minutes or so perusing the FOX news website to get their take on the Flynn scandal. They are surprisingly critical of the President. A lot of negativity about Trump in the comments section for the breaking Flynn resignation story as well. Must all be fake!

I've actually spent the last 20 minutes or so perusing the FOX news website to get their take on the Flynn scandal. They are surprisingly critical of the President. A lot of negativity about Trump in the comments section for the breaking Flynn resignation story as well. Must all be fake!

It has to be completely filtered hateful alt-right news that is glowing for Trump in order for Jim to consider it real.   Everything else is fake.    :lol:

Its a kool-aid drinking propaganda machine and Jim is the poster boy for them. 

By the way... sources say the they are primarily watching just CNN in the White House.   They have to get the real news so they can create their own fake news.   :)

I haven't followed the whole Flynn thing closely enough to form an opinion.

I look at a couple of sites like MSN along with Breitbart.  I have also started listening to Rush Limbaugh again.   No doubt he is the master when it comes to offsetting the mainstream media.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

This whole Russian thing is a red herring.  I'm almost certain of it.

Well... its already been very beneficial.   Flynn was not good for the country in any way.    

And you know that Trump owes Putin for his help... and we know the Putin ordered the hacking to influence the election.   It all stinks and if HRC was in the position you would be lampooning here for shady dealings and treason.   So call it fairly Jim. 

Do you get your news from anywhere but Breitbart though? I am actually curious.

I added more to the post.

• Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Here is my take...

1) Trump and Putin worked together to influence the election.   

2) Obama implements sanctions against Russia in response to their hacking and influencing the election.

3) Putin does not retaliate against Obama like he usually does... raising the suspicion of US intelligence.  

4 Flynn tell the Russians not to worry about the sanctions... they will take care of it.  

5) Flynn gets caught in a lie and resigns.

Question now being asked is did Trump instruct Flynn?   

I look at a couple of sites like MSN along with Breitbart.  I have also started listening to Rush Limbaugh again.   No doubt he is the master when it comes to offsetting the mainstream media.

So entirely hard right news sources huh? I wonder if that affects your opinion at all.

I have actually been visiting Fox news more than anywhere since Trump got elected. But I will also look at things that conservatives won't touch with a ten foot pole like Huffington Post. Then again I check Breitbart often too, so it probably all balances out.

So entirely hard right news sources huh? I wonder if that affects your opinion at all.

I have actually been visiting Fox news more than anywhere since Trump got elected. But I will also look at things that conservatives won't touch with a ten foot pole like Huffington Post. Then again I check Breitbart often too, so it probably all balances out.

FOX is surprisingly critical of Trump.   

The Sunday morning show on FOX was mostly negative stories.  Chris Wallace is really good.  Sheppard Smith was downright pissed at Trump lying so often last week.  

Then they have the cult-leader Hannity who has zero credibility.

Overall... they are pretty fair.   They are certainly openly critical of Trump and the entire administration.  

Thank God for a truly free press in this country.   Its the ultimate checks and balances.   The press was responsible for bringing down Nixon of course.

Sure beats the Trump propaganda machine.

Watching Stephen Miller angrily stating yesterday morning that millions of people voted illegally was comical.   He said they were busing people by the thousands to New Hampshire to vote illegally.   Miller said to ask anyone involved in New Hampshire elections.   So they did.  They went to NH.   It was so funny.   There was nothing like that happening at all.   One Republican senator from New Hampshire is offering anyone with proof of these illegal voter buses a $1,000 reward.    He was laughing at the thought.   It just did not happen.   They are inviting Trump to their voting vault to verify every single vote placed in the election.

And Trump is praising Stephen Miller for his job on the Sunday morning shows.   :lol:

Its so delusional that its scary.  

TT-SEA, on 13 Feb 2017 - 9:05 PM, said:

Thank God for a truly free press in this country.   Its the ultimate checks and balances.   The press was responsible for bringing down Nixon of course.

Sure beats the Trump propaganda machine.

Watching Stephen Miller angrily stating yesterday morning that millions of people voted illegally was comical.   He said they were busing people by the thousands to New Hampshire to vote illegally.   Miller said to ask anyone involved in New Hampshire elections.   So they did.  They went to NH.   It was so funny.   There was nothing like that happening at all.   One Republican senator from New Hampshire is offering anyone with proof of these illegal voter buses a $1,000 reward.    He was laughing at the thought.   It just did not happen.   They are inviting Trump to their voting vault to verify every single vote placed in the election.

And Trump is praising Stephen Miller for his job on the Sunday morning shows.   :lol:

Its so delusional that its scary.  

Did you happen to read this fascinating expose of Stephen Miller?  https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/stephen-miller-a-key-engineer-for-trumps-america-first-agenda/2017/02/11/a70cb3f0-e809-11e6-bf6f-301b6b443624_story.html?utm_term=.f910f80a06d8

Russian story is not going to go away with the resignation of Flynn.

They are going up the chain now.   Kudos to the Washington Post for the great investigating on this one.    They are not going to stop.   I bet Trump knew all along and I believe that is their assumption as well.  

Congress is going to launch a full investigation as well now.  

You sure do have a lot of speculation and assumption wrapped up in your past few posts.

I think you're getting a just a wee bit ahead of yourself on this one.

I am leading the curve!   Yes... its speculation but its sort of obvious now that this story is going to continue and there will be full investigations launched.

Ignore it if you want.   But its not going away.   

If you had to bet your life on whether Trump was involved and colluded with Russia and promised things to Putin later on after he became president... would you say yes or no?     

Can they prove it?  That is the big question now.

I wouldn't bet my life on sh*t but it's nice to know the concept of 'innocent until proven guilty' is pretty much dead and gone.

No... its the hallmark of our society.    

And we are also free to speculate.    We are not doling out punishment here.  And Trump has been lying for months.   So there is that.  I don't feel bad about speculating.   

You are getting too far ahead of yourself.

Maybe... but the more I read about the details and piece together the timing it seems more obvious that Trump knew.   And Trump is so egotistical that he leaves a trail with everything.  And there is likely a trail all the way back to the campaign.   There are also leaks coming from Russia.   They have something more on Trump.    

Prove he was involved and he will be removed from office or resign.  

CNN is reporting that Russia is embarrassed by being caught up in a lie with a Trump representative, Flynn. This scandal is just growing and puts America in a very awkward dilemma that our president is in cahoots with essentially an enemy, Russia. 

This is fascinating to watch.   They are talking about wire taps and recordings and dossiers... hard to ignore the similarities to Watergate.  

And the Washington Post broke the story on Flynn.   :)

It should be quite telling when Republican senators are interviewed tomorrow. Trump is becoming a huge problem for the GOP and more importantly, a major risk to our nation.

Maybe... but the more I read about the details and piece together the timing it seems more obvious that Trump knew. And Trump is so egotistical that he leaves a trail with everything. And there is likely a trail all the way back to the campaign. There are also leaks coming from Russia. They have something more on Trump.

Prove he was involved and he will be removed from office or resign.

I agree with all of this. But probably best to sit back and watch what happens. Plus I don't want you to jinx it.

It should be quite telling when Republican senators are interviewed tomorrow. Trump is becoming a huge problem for the GOP and more importantly, a major risk to our nation.

"Snowball" is going to be common word in the news and trending on twitter soon... also "collusion".

I agree with all of this. But probably best to sit back and watch what happens. Plus I don't want you to jinx it.

:lol:

Did not think of that.  

One more thought... Paul Ryan might be paying very close attention here.    He is behind Trump and Pence in line.   

I could live with that.  

Agree that Pence is already too contaminated by Trump to be credible. Ryan and even McConnell would be much better at leading the government.  Anybody pretty much is better than Trump.   

Breitbart finally got around to releasing a ridiculously fair and balanced article about the Flynn resignation.

Reading the comments on the article is pretty fun. Looks like some snowflake libtards are crashing the MAGA party tonight. Such a shame.

• Like 1