2017 California/Southwest Weather Thread

Thunder98

Nice cooling. Per the handy Dew Point Comfort graphic humidity is "sticky"/ "uncomfortable" [61-70°] but no complaints so long as temps stay seasonable. After the next ridge moves on California will enjoy positive fire-fighting weather. Dolores in 2015 dumped on a serious fire in Cajon Pass; we were spared major fires in SoCal that summer. Eugene is sending high surf but no rain :(  

There's a smoky smell in the air this morning. Either it is a new fire somewhere or the wind has changed to bring us smoke from the fires up north. My bet is a new fire. :(

I smelled smoke in the air late at night / very early morning as well here in Orange. However, during the day today, I didn't smell any smoke but it did look somewhat smoky toward the San Gabriel Mountains this afternoon.

Eugene high clouds pushing up from Baja and some stratus near the shoreline this morning. Generally pleasant but muggy turning hot again this weekend.

Wednesday: 89/ 66

Channel 11

post-226-0-87309800-1499959044_thumb.jpg

This is where your Eugene storm went. 

Part 1: 1 Pacific Redwood

Part 2 of what killed Eugene. 

I like 1Pacific Rewood's as he has high quality images and detailed explanations.  Even if you don't agree fully with what he says he goes further then the stupid MSM press would ever hope to achieve in understanding circulation and outflow.

Weather War 101 (another channel) is sometimes okay but he gets a lot like Alex Jones really weird and yells which I think is just for attention seeking or may be the disinformation agent he accuses everyone else of being if the worst case scenario is happening.  

This is where your Eugene storm went. 

Part 1: 1 Pacific Redwood

Part 2 of what killed Eugene. 

I like 1Pacific Rewood's as he has high quality images and detailed explanations.  Even if you don't agree fully with what he says he goes further then the stupid MSM press would ever hope to achieve in understanding circulation and outflow.

Weather War 101 (another channel) is sometimes okay but he gets a lot like Alex Jones really weird and yells which I think is just for attention seeking or may be the disinformation agent he accuses everyone else of being if the worst case scenario is happening.  

Wow, but what psych hospital is 1PacificRedwood reporting from?  :lol:

"Examining weather manipulation and corresponding weather patterns on the Eastern Pacific ocean which engineered a California drought from 2010-2016.  The analysis includes the use of microwave transmitters (MASER; coherent microwave) to:  a) Generate on-demand high pressure to steer and manipulate moisture in Jet Stream, B) Superheat and disrupt / destroy the cores of hurricanes and large thunderstorm cells, diminishing their strength and rain potential. Chemical aerosol 'chemtrails' dispensed by high flying jets ahead of storm / weather fronts and over moisture fields cause a hot-air inversion layer, diminishing the precipitation process.  Aerosol 'chemtrails' greatly lower the Relative Humidity and Dew points which diminish precipitation in the targeted region.  Using a Barometer and Temperature, RH and Dew point instruments, you can observe the RH drop after the aerosols are sprayed. Also watch how pressure RISES when storms approach CA - and the specific timing of the chemtrails"

Why not manipulate a large tornado to hit the place where the people are manipulating the weather from?

Because people cannot manipulate the weather patterns, let alone small scale events. It would be quite scary to say the least if people could manipulate weather patterns in this manner. Please note I am NOT talking about large scale emissions such as CO2 or soot from burning large amounts of coal causing potential weather pattern changes.

Oxnard had trouble clearing today and there were no mountain thunderstorms. More like June than July.

East Coast has dreadful humidity in Baltimore with dewpoints up to 78 F, but Hartford CT was only 65 F with lots of low clouds and fog. Sea surface temperatures make the difference between marine layer conditions, miserably muggy weather, and thunderstorms.

This sounds somewhat like a California early June forecast discussion, but it is Albany, New York in mid-July.

.AVIATION /02Z SATURDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY/...
Overcast skies with low ceilings borderline IFR/MVFR range in
the terminals as of early this evening, as the region is socked
in with marine influence and E-SE flow. As the next trough of
low pressure approaches, chances for showers will increase from
west to east by overnight, although coverage may remain only
scattered. There could be a few embedded thunderstorms later
this evening and overnight, but limited areal coverage will
preclude mention in TAFs.

Otherwise, expect low stratus clouds and/or some fog/patchy
drizzle to continue overnight, with IFR conditions prevailing.
Gradual improvement expected for Saturday, although low clouds
will be slow to scour out during the morning with continued
IFR/MVFR conditions.

By Saturday afternoon, most TAF sites should be VFR.

Can't hold back the heat for another day but the worst of it looks to be confined to areas north of LA per warning.

Friday: 88/ 66 [coolest max since 7/2]

Fair amount of clouds and even some light rainfall reported mainly in Orange county this afternoon. Very humid but not particularly hot, luckily.

91/ 68

Current dew points:
Phoenix: 68
Tucson: 68
Yuma: 73
Mexicali: 70
San Felipe: 81
Imperial: 75
Salton Sea: 77
Dos Palmas: 75
Palm Desert: 72
Ocotillo Wells: 74
Cibola: 70
Encinitas: 75
Lower Moro Campground: 76 [s. Orange co]
Newport Beach: 70
Buena Park: 70
Long Beach: 70
Manhattan Beach: 70
Baldwin Hills: 70
Simi Valley: 77

There are 2 parts to the marine layer: the actual stratus clouds, and then the haze that remains once they burn off. Sometimes the haze will "burn off" by late afternoon if the inversion is not too strong and the marine layer is not too deep. Then you can see the Santa Ana Mountains nicely. In places like Monterey and San Francisco there is much less of the haze and you can see the clouds bottoms against the hills really well.

I wish there would be better monsoon activity over the mountains and less haze today. I can barely see the anvil top from here and the Santa Ana Mountains less than 10 miles away are barely visible.

There are 2 parts to the marine layer: the actual stratus clouds, and then the haze that remains once they burn off. Sometimes the haze will "burn off" by late afternoon if the inversion is not too strong and the marine layer is not too deep. Then you can see the Santa Ana Mountains nicely. In places like Monterey and San Francisco there is much less of the haze and you can see the clouds bottoms against the hills really well.

I wish there would be better monsoon activity over the mountains and less haze today. I can barely see the anvil top from here and the Santa Ana Mountains less than 10 miles away are barely visible.

I think once the surface temp exceeds 90F the inversion is popped. It is hazy here also and 90°. Due point temp is 70° so it feels hot.

Where did this dry air come from?

11AM

PASADENA        N/A     82  59  44 E2          N/A                              
SAN RAFAEL HI   N/A     81  58  44 SW5         N/A