2019 California and Southwest Weather Discussion Thread

Thunder98

It's amazing what a difference 62 degrees and 68 degrees can make. Around noon, it was in the upper 60s, which felt pretty comfortable, but by 5 pm, the temperature had dropped to the low 60s and it was more breezy than a few hours ago and I needed my jacket. Looks like many places will not get any measurable rain again tonight and whatever places do get something will struggle to get more than a few tenths of an inch.

The air is loaded with pollen and spores, worsening my allergies. Got pain in my neck now when I yawn, turn my head or swallow.

I have a lady in my office who has year-round allergic rhinitis. She clears her throat every 1-2 minutes when it's at its worst. Sometimes she sneezes and clears her throat with absolutely no pause in between. In fact that happens on about 80% of her sneezes. Achooahem. I have never heard any other person do this before. It must be really annoying for her.

• Like 1

How hot is too hot? My house got up to 76 yesterday afternoon and is down to 74 this morning.

It was 85 F in my room, according to my Davis VP2 console. That would be fine during daytime but that's too warm for trying to sleep at night.

It's 92 F outside right now. Beach weather has returned.

40 miles is pretty good visibility.

I suppose I meant the furthest silhouette of a hill/mountain was about 40 miles away. Also I overestimated the visibility, it was actually between 20 and 30 miles.

Very windy this morning. Lots of debris being blown around outside.

The chance of showers that was originally hyped by the NWS for later this week has, once again (and what feels like the 10th time since Spring began), dwindled to absolutely nothing. I suppose we should just accept that this Spring is going to be a very dry one and that the rainy season ended in early March.

Still mostly green across the landscape, however today I have finally noticed some patches of yellow and brown that were not there a week ago. The heat we had a few days ago, on top of the fact that we haven't had a real storm in over a month, is starting to show.