Scientists Consider 2022 Volcano Source of Heat 2023 Wave

Scientists are considering the 2022 eruption of the Hunga Tonga Volcano as a possible source of the current heat wave that is being felt all over the globe.  The eruption is considered to be the largest volcanic eruption in a century. This makes me think of 1816 Tambora eruption that created the year without a summer.

The shock waves of the enormous undersea eruption were recorded globally and the ejecta went into the Stratosphere (12km) and circled the globe.  It is thought that it has increased sea surface temperature by 1.5*C and warmed the planet. 

The Tonga explosion was the largest eruption in 30 years and more importantly, was lean in sulphur dioxide and heavy in water vapor which entered the stratosphere.  The vapor being a greenhouse gas has warmed the planet.  Scientists are speculating we could see 1 to 2 years of warming.

Video/story

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/jpl/tonga-eruption-blasted-unprecedented-amount-of-water-into-stratosphere

th.jpg

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I came up with that conclusion on a different forum

More water vapor increases the moisture capacity, which leads to an increased temperature, dew point, and more (and stronger) storms.

Never say Never with Weather, because anything is possible!

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted

Hunga’s eruption is living up to the predictions.  
Winter should be interesting and they expect next summer to be exceptionally warm again.  
The southern parts of the Midwest may see deep cold and snow/ice this year. 
Scientists will be watching the next year and a half closely. 
All that moisture in the upper atmosphere will no doubt have its way with our weather.  Ranchers and farmers will struggle and cost of food will rise.  

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

Hunga1.jpg

Hunga2.jpg

Hunga3.jpg

Hunga4.jpg

Enjoy the Rumor being spread almost as fast as the ash cloud.

https://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/forum.cgi?noframes;read=227532

Unprecedented Hunga Tonga explosion signatures
caused puzzling concentric ripples in the atmosphere

Another Geoweaponry Signature? Hunga Yonga’s massive
explosion was followed by an unusually short eruption.
Motive for OPERATION HEAT WAVE

Six Ways Hunga Tonga Affected the Atmosphere

https://weather.com/science/weather-explainers/news/2022-01-21-hunga-tonga-volcano-weather-atmosphere

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-022-05012-5

A third pass of the atmospheric pressure wave around the globe was recorded by the Icelandic Meteorological Office (IMO).
An attached pressure diagram depicts 6 pressure peaks rather than 3 because the wave arrives twice, both from N-NW and from S-SE with 10-hour delay between the peaks as informed Dr. Evgenia Ilyinskaya, the researcher of Leeds University.

The initial blast was reported to be heard as far away as Alaska.

wave_l.jpg

"We've never seen anything like it," said atmospheric scientist Luis Millán, who works at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory. Millán led a study of the water the volcano sent into the sky; the team's research was published in Geophysical Research Letters.

https://www.npr.org/2022/08/03/1115378385/tonga-volcano-stratosphere-water-warming

https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1029/2022GL099381

If you only read the introduction to the above link, it will be worth it.

Some scientists assert that global temperatures will be affected for as long as 10 years. As it was water that was transferred into the atmosphere, not sulfur dioxide, temperatures will increase globally. 

Sulfur dioxide typically affects temperatures for about 2 years.

One day after an intense eruption by the Hunga Tonga-Hunga Ha'apai volcano, an astronaut on the International Space Station took this photograph of the gargantuan plume.

NASA

volcano-ash-nasa.gov-ee8fd995f90c53f118db6276d7c7e50e06917adf-s800-c85.webp

Gravity Wave

gravitywave.webp

They managed to estimate the amount of water vapor that was unleashed from the Tonga Volcano

146 Telegrams, which is 146 MILLION Metric Tons of Water Vapor

Tonga Eruption Blasted Unprecedented Amount of Water Into Stratosphere | NASA

To put that in perspective, that is DECADES of Man-made Water Vapor emissions was unleashed by the volcano in just a week!

Never say Never with Weather, because anything is possible!

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted