2024-2025 California and Southwest Weather Thread

32 minutes ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

I think we might have a winner with the developing cell to my immediate north.  We'll see in a few minutes.

Nope.  Completely died.  Oh well. 

The cell I made a .gif of had probably the most consistent thunder I have ever heard in Southern California.  Nothing close or loud, but it was nonstop cloud to cloud.  Pretty rapid intensification for here.

• Like 1
  • bongocat-test 1

On 3/18/2024 at 3:32 PM, roadtonowhere08 said:

Nope.  Completely died.  Oh well. 

The cell I made a .gif of had probably the most consistent thunder I have ever heard in Southern California.  Nothing close or loud, but it was nonstop cloud to cloud.  Pretty rapid intensification for here.

That cell passed just to the west of me in Orange. I heard continuous thunder while that storm was going by, but really didn't see much lightning except for a flicker or two. I don't think I have ever heard that much thunder before without seeing the lightning that goes with it!

• Storm 1

8 hours ago, Anti Marine Layer said:

We need a BORING react

We also need a cloud icon to represent the marine layer and other cloudy weather. I think that icon would be used to the max in this thread, especially during May Gray / June Gloom season!!

Edited by Dan the Weatherman