2022-2023 California and Southwest Weather Thread

Thunder98

9 minutes ago, Winter Weather Hater said:

Woo hoo!! Lame cold weather is finally over.  I'm really excited about this heatwave!!!  low 100s in Sacramento has been long long overdue!!

The low of 52 this morning is absurdly cold for late June.   I hate how unsummer-like it has been in the Sacramento area all June.

Lows have been ridiculously cool here too. 

10 minutes ago, Winter Weather Hater said:

Woo hoo!! Lame cold weather is finally over.  I'm really excited about this heatwave!!!  low 100s in Sacramento has been long long overdue!!

The low of 52 this morning is absurdly cold for late June.   I hate how unsummer-like it has been in the Sacramento area all June.

Welcome to the forums. 

5 hours ago, Anti Marine Layer said:

Weather has been pretty nice since June 16 here after weeks of highly anomalous cutoff lows centered directly over So Cal. We got into a more typical troughing pattern centered over Nor Cal and the PNW. Still looking forward to some heat this weekend.

It has been a lot sunnier here in Orange over the past few days than it was for much of May and the first half of June. Despite the warmer days, the nights have still been very cool, but that will probably change somewhat as warmer weather arrives later this week.

Edited by Dan the Weatherman