2019 California and Southwest Weather Discussion Thread

Thunder98

0.18" and still coming down, not nearly as heavy though. @Mr Marine Layer, do you have a link to that weatherwest forum? I've searched for it but can't seem to find it.

It's not a forum, but the California Weather Blog.You can post things in the comments for each post. Personally I like this format better, but that place is where all the California weather nerds like to hang out.

http://weatherwest.com/

• Like 1

It's not a forum, but the California Weather Blog.You can post things in the comments for each post. Personally I like this format better, but that place is where all the California weather nerds like to hang out.

http://weatherwest.com/

Thanks. That RunningSprings6250' user seems to be having himself a good time over there.

0.20" and rain has turned to just a light misting for now, giving me the opportunity to take my trash bins back in. Temp is 49F and falling. Looks like it will be dark here by the time the front has passed.

After an inactive last few hours, a cluster of thunderstorms and showers is currently coming ashore over most of Southern California, particularly Santa Barbara, Ventura, L.A. and Orange County. Thought I heard some rain outside just a few minutes ago but it didn't register.

Rainfall has been very nice on this thanksgiving holiday.  There's been about 1.5 inches here since midnight (Wish I had my own rain gauge set up so I could give a more precise total). Closing in on 2 inches overall and the rain is still coming down.

It's 40F here right now. Apparently it's snowing in parts of Fontana and sticking in Beaumont already. Maybe I can manage some here tonight  :ph34r:

I was in L.A. visiting family today, but it poured rain most of the way there and back home. 1.14" and still rising, 42F right now. Rain was particularly very heavy around Corona and Anaheim Hills along the 91 both ways, made for hazardous driving conditions.

Looking at my station data for earlier today, apparently I had a rainfall rate of 3.80"/hr at one point just before 10 AM this morning. Also had wind chill of 36F while it was raining around 3 PM, probably came close to producing sleet briefly. Today's high was only 48F at my station.