May Grey

If they posess the emotional sanity to understand the process by which their actions cause processes of death, addiction, grief and many other effects, by all means I agree. When these people are so disconnected that the effects and consequences are unrealized though, what do you do?

As stated in fact recently by Marco Rubio, there are and have been no new proposals in modern history that would have prevented any part of any mass shooting in modern history. It fact checked as truth.

The other questions that I hear are pertaining to whether or not we actually need an AR-15 rifle and the answer gradually changes to yes. By opposite virtue of what you may think. There may be a day when they are literally needed for protection from those who seek to do harm in mass numbers. That should concern people more that continuing to throw regulation at the wall and seeing if it sticks. People don't want to control themselves anymore. They want the government to control them in the name of false freedom. Freedom by control is a lie.

The last part is spot on. Many people in this country would rather just let the govt control every aspect in their lives.

• Like 1

Honestly wish ALL drugs would just be legal. I have and never would do meth, cocaine, and heroin, but if someone else wants to eff up their life and do some meth then why not let them???? America is the home of the free. People should be able to do whatever crazy chet they want to do with their lives, as long as it hurts no one else. 

Snowfall in Lincoln, NE:

2017-18: 21.4"   2018-19: 55.5"   2019-20: 17.6"   2020-21: 49.4"   2021-22: 5.1" 🤮

Average: 26"

Honestly wish ALL drugs would just be legal. I have and never would do meth, cocaine, and heroin, but if someone else wants to eff up their life and do some meth then why not let them???? America is the home of the free. People should be able to do whatever crazy chet they want to do with their lives, as long as it hurts no one else.

I fully support free drugs for all. It worked for all the super education that went in to getting the entire US addicted to opioids, Adderall, and anti-depressants. :lol:

Have you seen what meth does? THAT kills people. That would basically be next to the government legalizing assisted suicide.

• Like 1

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

Correct, but nothing wrong with discussing this issue after a shooting.

I have some trouble with point 4. Majority of mass shootings occur in Private businesses. Shouldn't it be up to them to decide if they want to be gun free or not?

As for shootings in public faculties (like schools)

Virgina Tech - Campus Police lacked any coordination

UT Austin - Took Campus Police -who were minutes away- 90 minutes to shoot suspect dead

Columbine - Had a armed guard who failed to bring down Harris.

Fort Hood - Well I assume they have enough guns...

Instead of destroying gun free zones, I would support better training for SROs/security guards. In many mass shooting cases, we already have armed individuals on site. Its that they are unable to bring the shooters down (they are still heroic for trying).

Forgot to add, they are often out gunned.

Exactly. What's a single security officer going to do with his handgun when he's facing a guy with usually multiple guns (almost ALWAYS AR-15's or similar), multiple magazines of ammunition, gas masks, smoke grenades, maybe body armor, and even more important the element of surprise. This last f* up pulled the fire alarm to get people in one area and confused and then started shooting. No security guard is ever going to stand a chance with this. But hey since we're all about fighting violence with more bigger violence, let's just arm the security guard with AK-47's and grenades, and put them in full military gear. Cause that'll make the kids feel safe.

Well, I would be fine with SROs (hired by local PD) having access to AR-15s and or shotguns. Just plain old security officers, not so much. In my opinion its better than having armed teachers.

What's so wrong with allowing police officers who work in schools to have access to their usual field weapons?

There's no simple solution to solving this. Tighter gun legalisation will help, but school shootings will still occur with that. We can't outright ban guns either.

"let's just arm the security guard with AK-47's and grenades, and put them in full military gear." You said it, not me

16 February 2018:  Lisa Marie Presley...age 50...reportedly 16 million in debt.  Though she inherited 100 million from her father's estate and was married to some of the richest men in Hollywood; the occasional singer now finds herself on the wrong side of the balance sheet.

Not there's a woman who knows how to manage money!

You might not want to lend her your credit card though...

16 February 2018:  Lisa Marie Presley...age 50...reportedly 16 million in debt.  Though she inherited 100 million from her father's estate and was married to some of the richest men in Hollywood; the occasional singer now finds herself on the wrong side of the balance sheet.

You might not want to lend her your credit card though...

"A fool and their money are lucky to get together in the first place."

• Like 1

16 February 2018: Lisa Marie Presley...age 50...reportedly 16 million in debt. Though she inherited 100 million from her father's estate and was married to some of the richest men in Hollywood; the occasional singer now finds herself on the wrong side of the balance sheet.

You might not want to lend her your credit card though...

Is she running for president? Lol. I'm sure someone would vote for her.

Lest we think the aforementioned case was an isolated incident....

Thespian "Johnny Depp" facing foreclosure on his California properties for non-payment of various liabilities:
The story goes on to indicate that Mr. Depp has living expenses totaling 2 million dollars per month; roughly $70,000 per day...
Bud Fox once queried, "how many yachts can you water ski behind"?  Mr. Depp must be leasing out the Queen Mary...
He probably doesn't dine at the Burger King with any great frequency...
I don't call this the planet of vulgar excess for nothing...
There are probably more people in this nation who are non compos mentis than we would care to admit...

Lest we think the aforementioned case was an isolated incident....

Thespian "Johnny Depp" facing foreclosure on his California properties for non-payment of various liabilities:

The story goes on to indicate that Mr. Depp has living expenses totaling 2 million dollars per month; roughly $70,000 per day...

Bud Fox once queried, "how many yachts can you water ski behind"? Mr. Depp must be leasing out the Queen Mary...

He probably doesn't dine at the Burger King with any great frequency...

I don't call this the planet of vulgar excess for nothing...

There are probably more people in this nation who are non compos mentis than we would care to admit...

If there ever was a case to support piracy, this is it.

That might help some; but what are we living in; a military zone or in a civilized society?

Even in totalitarian dystopian science fiction; I don't often recall armed guards in the public sphere...except maybe in a bank; where robberies are common.

Should Americans live in a Police State for the foreseeable future?

If the people do not revert to civilized dealings with their neighbors; and act like human beings instead of monsters; the guards will not save the nation...and at that point it will have devolved so...that no one would even wish to save it.

Ever been to a city like Memphis, TN after dark? If you did, you'd acknowledge that at the very least, some bars on a few windows and an armed officer at the door would be a significant deterrent in most cases.

Being in a far-flung location; I obviously do not see what is going on in these cities and apparently very angst-ridden suburbs...except maybe when I go to the airport...and I'm subjected to the various search protocols.

This is one case where I'm not really certain what can be done...if you don't repair the Psyche & Soul of the Nation...I don't know how you can really stop the insanity.

As I've written; you never saw anything like this even 25 years ago...so it is a new and toxic phenomenon.

Yep, and the further left our public schools lean, the more of this is attracted by the cesspool 

Winter 2023-24 Snow Total = 53.1" (90% Normal Season)  Largest Storm: 12" (1/12-13)   Oct: 0.1 Nov: 2.9 Dec: 7.5 Jan: 31.7 Feb: 6.0 Mar: 4.3 Apr: 0.1

Avg = 59.2"  (Harrison): 2023-24 = 53.1" 

Avg = 45.0"  (KDTW): 2022-23 = 33.5"   2021-22 = 35.6"    

Avg = 49.7"  (KRMY): 2020-21 = 36.2"   2019-20 = 48.0"   2018-19 = 56.1"   2017-18 = 68.3"    2016-17 = 52"    2015-16 = 57.4"    2014-15 = 55.3"    2013-14 = 100.6" (coldest & snowiest in the modern record!)  2012-13 = 47.2"    2011-12 = 43.7"

Legit Blizzards (high winds and dbl digit snows): Feb 2011, Dec 2009, Jan 2005, Dec 2000, Jan 1999, Mar 1998, Nov 1989, Jan 1982, Jan 1978, Jan 1977, Apr 1975, Mar 1973, Jan 1967, Feb 1965, Jan 1918

No; but I spent a considerable amount of time in Memphis, Egypt...

If my hunch is correct, the Sphinx was a lot younger back then 

Winter 2023-24 Snow Total = 53.1" (90% Normal Season)  Largest Storm: 12" (1/12-13)   Oct: 0.1 Nov: 2.9 Dec: 7.5 Jan: 31.7 Feb: 6.0 Mar: 4.3 Apr: 0.1

Avg = 49.7"  (KRMY): 2020-21 = 36.2"   2019-20 = 48.0"   2018-19 = 56.1"   2017-18 = 68.3"    2016-17 = 52"    2015-16 = 57.4"    2014-15 = 55.3"    2013-14 = 100.6" (coldest & snowiest in the modern record!)  2012-13 = 47.2"    2011-12 = 43.7"

Legit Blizzards (high winds and dbl digit snows): Feb 2011, Dec 2009, Jan 2005, Dec 2000, Jan 1999, Mar 1998, Nov 1989, Jan 1982, Jan 1978, Jan 1977, Apr 1975, Mar 1973, Jan 1967, Feb 1965, Jan 1918

Remember that no person is; at their core; your enemy.

Rather it is the beliefs and convictions that they serve; that they are living vehicles for...it is that which is the enemy.

Disarm them of their convictions; and you have thus disarmed them of their hate.

21 February 2018:  Trump urges the idea of giving to guns to teachers in the public schools...

What am I; on Insane Planet?

Even in most prisons; the guards are not armed with guns.

Now people in charge of children might be carrying them.

My; imagine if the student doesn't turn in their homework on time...

School should be a nice, pleasant place for children to learn and make friends and enjoy their childhood and hopefully pick up some life skills along the way; not a combat zone.

Any parent who sends their children to such a school is CRAZY. 

The insanity will not end.

• Like 2

21 February 2018:  Trump urges the idea of giving to guns to teachers in the public schools...

This, of course, presumes that all the teachers who are to be armed Are Themselves paragons of sanity and stability...which is hardly the case.

A proposal so absurd; so foolhardy; that it boggles the mind that it can even be floated as a palliative.

The most wonderful, beautiful country in the history of the world...brilliantly conceived by its Founders...being taken apart...brick by brick...by men and women consumed by greed, avarice, unconscionable arrogance, and very simply, profound ill will.

The most wonderful, beautiful country in the history of the world...brilliantly conceived by its Founders...being taken apart...brick by brick...by men and women consumed by greed, avarice, unconscionable arrogance, and very simply, profound ill will.

The fact that 123 people commit suicide every single day in America should be all the evidence one needs to show that all is not well; no matter how high the stock market flies.

I’ve heard the plan is once the first time a teacher armed with a pistol fails to stop a shooter armed with semi automatic rifles, smoke grenades, and body armor, they’ll look to lower the legal age to own a gun to 16 so schools can then arm the football team for further defense. Talk of giving the honor role people a chance to have guns as well as they are the best students in school. Fight fire with more fire as they always say! Truth or not? It’s hard to say...

21 February 2018: Trump urges the idea of giving to guns to teachers in the public schools...

What am I; on Insane Planet?

Even in most prisons; the guards are not armed with guns.

Now people in charge of children might be carrying them.

My; imagine if the student doesn't turn in their homework on time...

School should be a nice, pleasant place for children to learn and make friends and enjoy their childhood and hopefully pick up some life skills along the way; not a combat zone.

Any parent who sends their children to such a school is CRAZY.

The insanity will not end.

I’ve heard the plan is once the first time a teacher armed with a pistol fails to stop a shooter armed with semi automatic rifles, smoke grenades, and body armor, they’ll look to lower the legal age to own a gun to 16 so schools can then arm the football team for further defense. Talk of giving the honor role people a chance to have guns as well as they are the best students in school. Fight fire with more fire as they always say! Truth or not? It’s hard to say...

What's going to happen (and we know it will) on the day when the teacher leaves her (and most school teachers are women) gun in her handbag unattended; and the 9th graders start rummaging about her purse?

Talk about a prescription for disaster...

• Like 1

You must bear in mind; however; that the mentality of someone who would wantonly shoot and kill innocent people is so removed from any conception I might have of human conduct that it represents a universe I cannot comprehend. 

Thus I am confounded as how to handle the sub-humans amongst us; and even how to ferret them out before the worse comes to the worse.

Guns have a purpose....as an absolute last resort; and a defensive one at that....when all other measures fail.

• Like 1

So I took a few minutes to read the article...and more importantly the public comment section at this online magazine called "Breitbart"...and practically every commenter was all for the idea of arming teachers to the teeth.

So this is what the people want; apparently.

"You asked for it; you got it."

___Toyota Slogan

• Like 1

Renewed my NRA membership today. :)

did it early too thanks to CNN and the rest of the progressive filth who are ruining this country by trying to take away my right to own guns. They are all anti American traitors who seek to destroy this nation by disarming the citizens and brining in refugees from the Middle East to make us like Europe. It's George Soross plan to create open boarders and the progressive filth support it 100%

• Like 1

/\ Hahahahaha  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Renewed my NRA membership today. :)

did it early too thanks to CNN and the rest of the progressive filth who are ruining this country by trying to take away my right to own guns. They are all anti American traitors who seek to destroy this nation by disarming the citizens and brining in refugees from the Middle East to make us like Europe. It's George Soross plan to create open boarders and the progressive filth support it 100%

No one (well maybe some on the left) wants to take away your rights to own guns.  You buy into the paranoia easily.   I am progressive filth you speak of and I own a gun, in fact many do.   But i'm open to conversations on restrictions.  I'm not a paranoid gun owner who spews names at people who want safety for their children and themselves.  I love our country.  No one want's to "destroy" this country as you say.  You basically repeat whatever the Russian bots on the internet tell you to.  Think for yourself.  

• Like 2

I don't know, ask the families.

There was a time where we mourned after stuff like this happened. It's extremely disrespectful to push your agenda while some other people are dealing with the loss of their loved ones due to the exact same incident.

Um...Pretty sure the family's of the victims as well as the victims themselves are speaking out right away.  So what you say is false. It's a perpetual state of mourning in this country as far as mass shootings go.  It's always the right time to have a conversation, not an agenda.  

• Like 1

No one (well maybe some on the left) wants to take away your rights to own guns.  You buy into the paranoia easily.   I am progressive filth you speak of and I own a gun, in fact many do.   But i'm open to conversations on restrictions.  I'm not a paranoid gun owner who spews names at people who want safety for their children and themselves.  I love our country.  No one want's to "destroy" this country as you say.  You basically repeat whatever the Russian bots on the internet tell you to.  Think for yourself.  

Dont waste your time with the snowlover

• Like 1

I took a nice trip to Montana on Sunday...spending a couple of days in Billings.

I've been to 29 of the 50 states and I can say unequivocally that Montana is far, far and away the most scenic and beautiful that I have seen.  By far.

Traveling along Int 90...the entire state looks like one gigantic glacier.

When I got to Billings, I rested for a spell and the next day started NW on Rt 87 for Great Falls...more than 200 miles NW.

Just 20 miles along the way; I saw the road was snow and ice covered...really one step above a dirt road...and I thought better of things and returned to Billings.

Then I headed west along 90 to try to get to Butte, MT...but I only made it about halfway...getting to Livingston...where heavy snow was in progress as I climbed the mountain into town. 

I got some gasoline and thought of having something to eat; but the snow was so heavy; I thought not to chance it; so I turned around and went back east to the hotel in Billings.  Then I drove back to the Black Hills today.

Very picturesque and enjoyable trip.

• Like 1

I took a nice trip to Montana on Sunday...spending a couple of days in Billings.

I've been to 29 of the 50 states and I can say unequivocally that Montana is far, far and away the most scenic and beautiful that I have seen. By far.

Traveling along Int 90...the entire state looks like one gigantic glacier.

When I got to Billings, I rested for a spell and the next day started NW on Rt 87 for Great Falls...more than 200 miles NW.

Just 20 miles along the way; I saw the road was snow and ice covered...really one step above a dirt road...and I thought better of things and returned to Billings.

Then I headed west along 90 to try to get to Butte, MT...but I only made it about halfway...getting to Livingston...where heavy snow was in progress as I climbed the mountain into town.

I got some gasoline and thought of having something to eat; but the snow was so heavy; I thought not to chance it; so I turned around and went back east to the hotel in Billings. Then I drove back to the Black Hills today.

Very picturesque and enjoyable trip.

Montana is fabulous. Glacier NP is on par with Yellowstone just less talked about

• Like 1

No, a descendant...

Ah Ha! I knew my original hunch was correct..thx for confirming