December 19th-20th Plains Appetizer

Clinton

4 minutes ago, gabel23 said:

Things have gotten slick here from mist. I have heard of reports of some accidents north of Columbus. I have to run my daughter and I to the doctor in David City, which is 20 miles away. Will see how slick it is on highway 92. 

here in fremont when i had to pick up meds a few hours ago, it was pretty bad 

Wasn't supposed to be much here in DSM- but was still expecting more by this time-- just random flakes. Maybe over night 1/2"-- but so far this has been a bust. Better to bust on this then later in the week....

• Like 1

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

I drove down from the MN home to the Iowa home today. Had no idea it was gonna snow the entire trip and the roads were awful. I think this system overperformed a bit. Never went over 45mph the entire time. What is usually a 3hr trip turned out to be 5 1/2 hours. Have some work to take care of tomorrow down here and then I'm heading back up to MN tomorrow night before the major storm moves in.

• Like 2

• Tom unpinned this topic