1/10 - 1/11 Possible Severe Frontal Passage with intense snow showers

clintbeed1993

Power went on and off a few times here, really icing up and starting to turn to snow. Had some sleet too briefly.

Yeah it flickered here too. That'd be a bummer. It'd ruin the George Lopez marathon I'm having right now. And the heated blanket. So let's hope it stays on.

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

Warning for the CTY I live in with up to 6" of snow!!!  What you guys have in the OMA area is going to be a nightmare here with several inches of snow on top of it. The RAP is impressive and lines up well with the NWS graphic. Any waver though and I'am out of luck.FireShot Screen Capture #053 - 'pivotalweather - RAP - Total Accumulated Snowfall (Kuchera) for Fri 2018-01-12 00z' - www_pivotalweather_com_model_php.pngTab2FileL.png

• Like 1

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Warning for the CTY I live in with up to 6" of snow!!! What you guys have in the OMA area is going to be a nightmare with several inches of snow on top of it. The RAP is impressive and lines up well with the NWS graphic. Any waver though and I'am out of luck. FireShot Screen Capture #053 - 'pivotalweather - RAP - Total Accumulated Snowfall (Kuchera) for Fri 2018-01-12 00z' - www_pivotalweather_com_model_php.png Tab2FileL.png

Interesting their model of choice was the RAP. Forecasting where highest totals will be a nightmare even right now with snow knocking on our door.

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

The news stations here are a mess lol.

"Graupel is when snow melts then refreezes before it hits the ground. Now let's look at stormcast to plan out your day." *Shows NAM model which is far from current radar*

"Lincoln may have been spared but let's look at other parts of the state that have been hit." *Shows webcam shots of places in Western Nebraska that were hit by the same thing that's coming towards us now*

All public schools shut down here in the DSM area for the day.  In their defense - a 2 hr delay or 2 hr early out is not going to help matters and likely make things worse. All ready getting a nice sheet of ice on exposed surfaces. Should be a fun commute home from DSM to the prairie in a few hours......  I actually mean that-- love driving in it.

• Like 1

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

We'd have a dusting too if it wasn't for all the graupel here right now. Or as the blonde field reporter calls it, "hail." We may end up with 2" when all is said and done. I'm watching a nice band in Kansas but it looks like it'll pass JUST to our East.

Just woke up for the 5th time, this wind is insane. Back to bed for 20 minutes tho.

Also, this thread has really shown some true colors of people on this forum. Coming in here to see someone with nothing to do with the storm but simply to poke fun at Nebraska for getting screwed is actually insanely rude. I could say 'get a life' but clearly that does nothing. Theyll always be here it seems. Oh well, just was surprised to see how bad this got.

God this would be so much more awesome if it wasn't so windy. Visibilities are low here right now, but the flakes are about the same size as a grain of salt. I'm rooting for the clipper tomorrow so we can at LEAST have the grass covered.