Middle East Conflict of 2023-2024

Iceresistance

What a boring topic! Israel smiting these terrorists. How scandalous!

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

8 hours ago, Iceresistance said:

Other issue is that Hamas is doing everything to steal the aid for their own, there has been confirmed evidence that they have been doing it. That is "Collective Punishment" and exploitation

Hamas wants the war to last as long as possible, to inflate civilian casualties as much as possible

I think the extremists on both sides are fighting on a religious timeline that is not rooted in reality.  This ain't the Bible, Quran, or Torah.  This is reality.

And in this reality, who is doing the majority of the killing?  Israel. 

Who is dying?  It's disproportionally women and children. 

Who is supplying Israel with the weapons and money to continue this war?  The U.S.

Israel is leveling all of Gaza.  They want Palestinians out of their own land.  They do not care where they go.  Those are not actions of a nation who is interested in minimizing innocent deaths or righting historical wrongs. Anyone with a brain knows that this only emboldens the zealots and turns otherwise peaceful people into vengeful people.  It's just common sense.

And the U.S.?  We are just begging for another 9/11.

22 hours ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

Gotta prevent those reports of war crimes and evidence of genocide from getting out:

Israeli government says it will block Al Jazeera from broadcasting

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68708984

Al Jazeera actually made a false copyright strike on a YouTuber doing the Israeli war coverage livestream (It was false since there was no evidence that Al Jazeera had content in that livestream)

Never say Never with Weather, because anything is possible!

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted

5 hours ago, Iceresistance said:

Al Jazeera actually made a false copyright strike on a YouTuber doing the Israeli war coverage livestream (It was false since there was no evidence that Al Jazeera had content in that livestream)

Link so I know what you are talking about?

How much more proof do we need that the IDF lies through their teeth?  The giant lettering on the convoy was not obvious enough?  If you want to starve out a population, blow up the aid and scare it away.

Deadly air strike shows system to protect aid workers in crisis, agencies say

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68713015

6 minutes ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

Link so I know what you are talking about?

It was from a streamer called "The Enforcer" and it happened a few months ago (lost the link that mentioned him being falsely copyright striked by Al Jazeera)

48 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

It was from a streamer called "The Enforcer" and it happened a few months ago (lost the link that mentioned him being falsely copyright striked by Al Jazeera)

Okay, that may be valid, but do you agree with censoring what's going on in Gaza?

1 hour ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

Welp I think the Israeli bombing of the aid workers that almost certainly was intentional is the last straw for me.

Here's hoping the person who gave that command to do it is held responsible.  Not holding my breath, though.

As long as they keep getting immunity from the U.S., nothing will change.  It's disgusting.

The CIA is has raised the alarm that Iraq will attack Israel within 48 hours.

https://www.the-express.com/news/world-news/133437/cia-warning-iran-attack-israel-consulate

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

I know. What would that region do if it couldn’t rattle the chains of war.  God forbid they engage in serious industry.  

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2 hours ago, Andie said:

I know. What would that region do if it couldn’t rattle the chains of war.  God forbid they engage in serious industry.  

Exterior meddling sure made whatever existing friction there was a lot worse.  Also religion and government don't mix.

17 hours ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

Exterior meddling sure made whatever existing friction there was a lot worse.  Also religion and government don't mix.

Exterior meddling has been ongoing since King Herod at least. 
Religion and government as well as religion and money.  👍

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

That's nice they found some fall guys.  This stuff is systemic.  It's just that this time the the body count and brazenness is too much to explain away.

5 minutes ago, Andie said:

China is building a large bridge to facilitate migrants. 
It can’t be just about migrants.  Bridge can facilitate tanks.  

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13276115/Is-China-building-bridge-Central-America-fuel-migrant-crisis.html

IMG_0083.jpeg

IMG_0082.jpeg

Wrong topic?

3 hours ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

That's nice they found some fall guys.  This stuff is systemic.  It's just that this time the the body count and brazenness is too much to explain away.

Israel admitted to the mistake, took responsibility, and launched the investigation into it

But that didn't seem to satisfy the Democrats and left-wing media. They likely will not care if Israel gets wiped out of the map 😬

Opinion | Biden Exploits a Tragic Israeli Mistake (msn.com)

2 hours ago, Iceresistance said:

Wrong topic?

Moved it. Thanks. 

3 hours ago, Iceresistance said:

Israel admitted to the mistake, took responsibility, and launched the investigation into it

But that didn't seem to satisfy the Democrats and left-wing media. They likely will not care if Israel gets wiped out of the map 😬

Opinion | Biden Exploits a Tragic Israeli Mistake (msn.com)

Yeah, admitting a clearly purposeful "oopsie" during a genocide does not really quench the rage of too many people, aside from the truly gullible or uninformed.

How about you just take to heart that I might know a lot more about this than you and do a bit more research, eh?

• Weenie 1

And just like that, Biden got Netanyahu's attention:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/06/politics/biden-netanyahu-israel-gaza-war-phone-call-details/index.html

WTF took Biden so long?  Was the tarnish on his Middle East policies not thick enough yet?

"Nah, we'll wait until most of Gaza is a parking lot and then pretend to get tough."

Biden let the Ben-Gvir crowd off the leash for far too long because... guilt, and now what's the next move?  Who's going to mop up this absolute mess?  I read that 300,000 Palestinians are living off of less that 300 calories a day in northern Gaza.  300 goddam calories a day!

Israel just guaranteed that it's future will not be secure for decades.  They did it to themselves.

Nice write up on how peace seems almost impossible for the foreseeable future now:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68735869

This explains why Israel has for years been literally begging and paying people to move there and have as many kids as possible.  This is why they constantly push forward with new illegal settlements.  They are scared shitless that as time goes on, their tactics have created a population of Palestinians where even the moderates are no longer interested in a two state solution.

By ignoring the liberal and moderate Israelis for decades and embracing the hardline Zionists to keep right-wing coalitions in place, Israel has been throwing a wrench into their own plan to have a secure Jewish state.

My Jewish friends are devastated by the IDF withdrawal. They believe this is the end of Israel. 

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

6 hours ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

Time for Andrew to have another brain aneurysm:

One of the videos is a duplicate.

1 minute ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

Oops.  Fixed.  Thanks.

YW, I don't know how that even happened, maybe accidental double paste?

Some more clarity regarding the deadly aid delivery on Feb. 29 where over 100 Palestinians were either shot or run over:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/09/middleeast/gaza-food-aid-convoy-deaths-eyewitness-intl-investigation-cmd/index.html

"Videos filmed in the hours before the deadly incident, between 2 a.m. and 3 a.m. and geolocated by CNN, show people gathered on the beach and roadside about 900 meters (just over half a mile) away from the checkpoint. Groups can be seen sitting around fires, while others walk around the beach. All appears calm.

Eyewitnesses told CNN that they had started to gather in anticipation of the arrival of food – aid convoys often travel at night to avoid being inundated by crowds en route – but that the trucks hadn’t even crossed the threshold of the checkpoint when Israeli tanks started shooting."

"The IDF has denied CNN’s requests for the full unedited drone footage from February 29."

Iran has shut down the International Airport, I can't post the link since it's Arabic

UPDATE: Just a military drill, like they always do!

41 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

Iran has shut down the International Airport, I can't post the link since it's Arabic

ٶڡٝڒڴٴ٦ڥڡىڣڲِښڿۀࣙݪۼࢼݶݭࢬࣨ۽ݖݛݼ۩ࢨٶڡٝڒڴٴ٦ڥڡىڣڲِښڿۀࣙݪۼࢼݶݭࢬࣨ۽ݖݛݼ۩ࢨٶڡٝڒڴٴ٦ڥڡىڣڲِښڿۀࣙݪۼࢼݶݭࢬࣨ۽ݖݛݼ۩ࢨٶڡٝڒڴٴ٦ڥڡىڣڲِښڿۀࣙݪۼࢼݶݭࢬࣨ۽ݖݛݼ۩ࢨٶڡٝڒڴٴ٦ڥڡىڣڲِښڿۀࣙݪۼࢼݶݭࢬࣨ۽ݖݛݼ۩ࢨ

1 hour ago, Iceresistance said:

UPDATE: Just a military drill, like they always do!

Via https://arab.news/b5dmz

DUBAI: Iran’s Mehr news agency removed a report on Wednesday from its official channel on X that had said Iran was closing its airspace over the capital Tehran and denied in a new post that it had published any such news.
In the original report posted on X, the semi-official news agency cited the Iranian defense minister as saying that all air traffic had been suspended over Tehran from 2030 GMT on Wednesday “due to military drills.”

Who knows at this point?

The latest installment of "We take the money, we take the arms, and we decline the advice."

Israeli settlers storm West Bank village, setting cars and homes ablaze

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/12/middleeast/west-bank-village-stormed-by-israeli-settlers-intl/index.html

"Abu-Alia told CNN settlers stole approximately 70 sheep from the Palestinian village."

Stealing their sheep?  What are they going to do next?  Steal their land?!?!?!?  Oh, wait...

This is what Israel wants: To be the perpetual victim. 

Now we have another destabilizing government who wants to spice things up. 

Yay!  What fun!

US sees Iran moving military assets including drones and cruise missiles, sources say

From Natasha Bertrand and Oren Liebermann

The US observed Iran moving military assets around internally, including drones and cruise missiles, signaling that it is possibly preparing to attack Israeli targets from inside its own territory, according to two people familiar with US intelligence. 

It is not clear whether Iran is preparing to strike from its soil as part of an initial attack, or if it is posturing to try to deter Israel or the US from conducting a possible counter strike on its territory. 

One of the people said the US had observed Iran readying as many as 100 cruise missiles.

• Downvote 1

15 hours ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

The latest installment of "We take the money, we take the arms, and we decline the advice."

Israeli settlers storm West Bank village, setting cars and homes ablaze

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/12/middleeast/west-bank-village-stormed-by-israeli-settlers-intl/index.html

"Abu-Alia told CNN settlers stole approximately 70 sheep from the Palestinian village."

Stealing their sheep?  What are they going to do next?  Steal their land?!?!?!?  Oh, wait...

As an update:  The teen was found dead.  Not sure of the circumstances, but not good.

Having said that, Palestinians die weekly from violent settlers, and nobody seems to care.  This teen's death will be used to raid more land and fuel more violence.