Middle East Conflict of 2023-2024

Iceresistance

11 hours ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

Me too, but I am not holding my breath.

Have to agree with that but should it happen, will peace break out?  
The real fly in the ointment, currently, is Hamas but how do you eliminate that without harming innocents?  And once tamped out, will it remain peaceful?  
This conflict has been ongoing since Moses entered the Promise Land. 
Is peace possible at all?

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

I think that expecting peace to break out suddenly is unrealistic.

What needs to be done is structure things so that the natural path of least resistance is de-escalation. There will inevitably be future cycles of violence, but at least get things so they are decreasing in intensity over time.

An Israeli occupation of Gaza, particularly an indefinite one, will achieve precisely the opposite.

It's called clown range for a reason.

44 minutes ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

This @sshole actually got arrested.  Hope he's fined/jailed the mosti the law allows 

f*cking bigot

https://twitter.com/itslaylas/status/1726986614591885484/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1726986614591885484&currentTweetUser=itslaylas

apparently he was one of Obama's national security advisors.

Page not found.  What was it about?

Edit:  Ah, probably this: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-67492512

Classy guy 🙄

For those of you who rage against cancel culture:

Melissa Barrera: Actress fired from Scream 7 over Israel-Gaza posts

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-67494374

This is not a good look for an industry long claimed of being controlled by Jews.  I could care less if it is or not, but we all know many hold that view.  Hollywood has no idea that Gen Z is not your typical generation.  They are extremely politically active, and this will backfire.  Every successive generation is more aware of the world around them.

5 hours ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

For those of you who rage against cancel culture:

Melissa Barrera: Actress fired from Scream 7 over Israel-Gaza posts

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-67494374

This is not a good look for an industry long claimed of being controlled by Jews.  I could care less if it is or not, but we all know many hold that view.  Hollywood has no idea that Gen Z is not your typical generation.  They are extremely politically active, and this will backfire.  Every successive generation is more aware of the world around them.

You are right, we should be concerned with Gen Z, the most ignorant generation of all time. Most recently a bunch of Gen Z morons got caught praising Bin Laden. But I have met many Gen Zers who understand wokeness is a road to ruin. You won't find these Gen Z folks on tiktok, they are more likely to be working or engaged in commerce. 

Edited by SilverFallsAndrew
  • Like 3

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

1 minute ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

You are right, we should be concerned with Gen Z, the most ignorant generation of all time. 

And generation Alpha

Generation Z is also the most intolerant

Never say Never with Weather, because anything is possible!

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted

He deserved it! But the group thinks he's allowed to get away with EVERYTHING!

NYC Palestinian man sentenced in brutal antisemitic beating before judge ejects angry supporters from court (msn.com)

She is not going to last long (In congress for the seat, and it's not a threat, okay?) for her seat if she keeps going like this

Rep Tlaib's links to Hamas group held liable for death of American Jew (msn.com)

On 11/18/2023 at 2:01 PM, roadtonowhere08 said:

Please expand upon this thought.  Are you referring to Middle Eastern governments, the civilians, or both.  And what values are you referring to?

Hamas does not share the values of the west. The US, for example, does not use women and children as shields.  

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

9 hours ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

I gotta spell it out, don't I?

Dewey's post was a critique of your barrage of robotic reposts of MSN ripoffs with almost no substance on your part.  It gets a bit old.  More thoughts and less reposts.

Dewey's post was OT to the topic, and I try to stay on topic for this.

11 hours ago, Andie said:

Hamas does not share the values of the west. The US, for example, does not use women and children as shields.  

Hamas does not share the values of Islam.  They bastardize religion for their own gain.

Also, the U.S. is more than happy to kill thousands of civilians or let it's own young men and women die in wars that only benefit the wealthy.  Or let homeless people rot in the streets because we are too cheap to fund mental/drug health programs.  Or underpay immigrants in horrific conditions for cheap products.  Or allow people to lose everything due to a health emergency.

And let's not forget that Henry Kissinger (R.I.H.) was never tried for the deaths of millions.

The U.S. is in no position to talk about morals.

• Like 1

(War related though)

It looks like that Ukraine is better at making fakes than Russia

The Russians Just Blew Up A Hard-To-Replace Ukrainian Attack Jet. Too Bad For Them, It Was A Fake. (msn.com)

24 minutes ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

Hamas does not share the values of Islam.  They bastardize religion for their own gain.

Also, the U.S. is more than happy to kill thousands of civilians or let it's own young men and women die in wars that only benefit the wealthy.  Or let homeless people rot in the streets because we are too cheap to fund mental/drug health programs.  Or underpay immigrants in horrific conditions for cheap products.  Or allow people to lose everything due to a health emergency.

And let's not forget that Henry Kissinger (R.I.H.) was never tried for the deaths of millions.

The U.S. is in no position to talk about morals.

Go all the way back to America’s discovery and founding and you’ll find profit.  Can probably be said of any nation going back as far as possible.   

6 hours ago, Andie said:

Go all the way back to America’s discovery and founding and you’ll find profit.  Can probably be said of any nation going back as far as possible.   

For sure. 

I just wince sometimes when America (or the collective "West") is held on some pedestal like we are objectively superior to everyone else in the world when that view forgets to mention (or chooses to ignore) the fact that the "West" has been the causes of some pretty awful events since our inception.  We may have a lot more going for us than some place like Syria or Iran, but our body count is considerably higher as well.  There is a reason why lots of people overseas hate Western countries.  It's not like the hate wasn't earned in many respects.

It is in that area where I think Trump gets a lot right.  By being the world police, we get our way much of the time.  It has brought us immense wealth and prosperity, but it has also caused a lot of pain around the world due to selfish pursuits in the name of "American interests".  It's time we cede some of that and take a more passive (and less overbearing) role in the world.

And if that means we decline a bit on the world stage to focus on our Rome burning, well, so be it.

Having said all that, I'll now quote hawkstwelve:

"Oh, who am I kidding? Nothing will change."

• Weenie 1

I’ve traveled a lot overseas.  The only place I had any issue of welcome was from one Englishman and his wife.  Never understood their problem.  
However, things have gone sour overseas in general.

Most people I met would take their worst day in this country over any other.  When things go bad overseas clearing it up is twice as hard to straighten out.  That’s why I stick to US trips now. And even then I’m careful.  Life has become far too difficult overall.  I’d rather stay home and make nice day trips and have a lovely lunch. 🥰 Then sleep in my own bed.  

Realized the mistake after that happened, but what are you supposed to do in the heat of the moment?

An Israeli raced to confront Palestinian attackers. He was then killed by an Israeli soldier | KFOR.com Oklahoma City

A recent study by two law professors show massive shorting of the MSCI Israel ETF right before Oct, 7.  This ain't chump change that was sunk into it either.  Someone/some people made a buttload of money.  Like late millons/early billions.

https://archive.ph/YSiVs#selection-317.0-317.81

https://img.haarets.co.il/bs/0000018c-30d8-dc03-a9ec-3cfb40060000/6c/97/de578d544e36ab79023fed36b3f4/ssrn-id4652027.pdf

It would be reasonable to point to Hamas leadership due to the same spike right before a last minute aborted attack mentioned in the article, but who knows in this world?  Could be Iran.  Could be some rich Saudi/UAE prince with lots of connections.  Could be Netanyahu.  I would not put it past that bastard.  He definitely got a 9/11 bounce like Bush did, that's for sure.

Whatever the case may be, that money will be tracked big time.