2016 Fall Off Topic Thread AKA Football or Politics

MossMan

You can blatantly see the visibility drop towards the end.

I roughly matched up the two images and it's clear the Reuters image was indeed taken before 12pm.

Ahhh... I can see the buildings in the distance the entire time.   

The photo was at the peak of the crowd which would have been around noon... 12:01 was quoted from Reuters and see no evidence to prove otherwise.

You were wrong about the weather conditions.    It sprinkled and there were no visibility issues from the monument.   Leave it at that.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Nevertheless, it's a REALLY good analog.

You used to react just like this back then when you got backed into a corner. Insults, attacks on character, ironic accusations of mental illness, etc. Too many similarities to ignore. The fact it's Tim makes it an even better analog given he was the one who ultimately outed your residential status.

That's just how I act when I get pissed off. In this case I happen to be correct, and Tim happens to be either incorrect or arguing something semantical.

foto26446a4f1f801ef3b3d1564dea31df66.png
"Western troughing literally kills people at this time of year. And in the most gruesome of ways."

Speaking of analogs, that's one thing I'm thankful to Tim for doing. I didn't have the guts to do it myself, and now I can share pictures, weather station data, and stories openly. A much more enjoyable experience for me now.

"Western troughing literally kills people at this time of year. And in the most gruesome of ways."

Then Reuters is wrong. I was in DC. There's absolutely no chance that image was taken at 12:01pm. None.

Trump wasn't speaking in that image. I was there in DC, and say with 99% certainty that the image in question was taken between 10:00 and 10:30am.

These statements are proven wrong.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

These statements are proven wrong.

Both statements were proven correct, actually. Look at the location of the parked cars and tarps.

Both statements were proven correct, actually. Look at the location of the parked cars and tarps.

So... the crowd peaked at 10:30 which was 90 minutes before the speech??    :lol:

That's just how I act when I get pissed, lol. In this case I happen to be correct, and Tim happens to be either incorrect or arguing something semantical.

You were clearly incorrect and have been corrected. There is simply no evidence to suggest the mall photo was not taken at or near the start of the festivities. Not 30, 60, 90, 120 minutes earlier.

That was the crux of the matter and you mistakenly used the weather to try and prove otherwise. It didn't work. Any reasonable person can see it.

I don't think you're lying, but you're not seeing the forest through the trees. Maybe just lying to yourself? I dunno. It's yours to work out with yourself.

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

So... the crowd peaked at 10:30 which was 90 minutes before the speech?? :lol:

No. It grew somewhat between the time that the reuters image was taken (Between 10:30 and 11:00), and the speech an hour later. Not substantially, though.

You were clearly incorrect and have been corrected. There is simply no evidence to suggest the mall photo was not taken at or near the start of the festivities. Not 30, 60, 90, 120 minutes earlier.

That was the crux of the matter and you mistakenly used the weather to try and prove otherwise. It didn't work. Any reasonable person can see it.

I don't think you're lying, but you're not seeing the forest through the trees. Maybe just lying to yourself? I dunno. It's yours to work out with yourself.

The Reuters image corresponds to ~0:40 into the time lapse.

That can't be true because it was pouring rain at 12:01pm, and the roads are obviously dry in that image. Visibility was under one mile as well during that squall, and it's clearly 5+ miles in that image.

This is wrong.   

It was not pouring rain at any time during the speech.  There was no squall that hit the mall during the festivities.   And visibility was not impaired from the monument to the platform.

Video evidence is conclusive.  

You have been backtracking on this statement all day.     :lol:

I have somewhere to be in 30mins. This is truly pointless..I'd recommend giving this NYT analysis a read and calling it a day.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/01/20/us/politics/trump-inauguration-crowd.html?_r=0

This is wrong.

It was not pouring rain at any time during the speech. There was no squall that hit the mall during the festivities. And visibility was not impaired from the monument to the platform.

Video evidence is conclusive.

Fine, moderate rain, doesn't matter what you call it. It was a squall, and visibility dropped to under 2 miles (my claim of under 1-mile was from the wrong date). The pavement was wet after 11AM, and the videos prove it.

You can't deny observations and measurements just because you don't like them.

Fine, moderate rain, doesn't matter what you call it. It was a squall, and visibility dropped to under 2 miles (my claim of under 1-mile was from the wrong date). The pavement was wet after 11AM, and the videos prove it.

You can't deny observations and measurements just because you don't like them.

I can watch detailed videos of the event.   I don't need any other information.   

I can watch detailed videos of the event. I don't need any other information.

I like numbers. They're unwavering and won't deceive.

I know you deceive!

Ha!

Seems you and rain just don't see eye to eye on things.

I like numbers. They're unwavering and won't deceive.

And there are no numbers from the mall.    But I can watch every second of the event.   Pictures are worth a 1,000 words (or numbers).    ;)

Does your heart start skipping beats when you see that first raindrop? Is it your coping strategy to tell yourself that rain doesn't exist or something?

Does your heart start skipping beats when you see that first raindrop? Is it your coping strategy to tell yourself that rain doesn't exist or something?

You started this.. you were wrong and have a long history of embellishing and lying and attacking people who question you.  

Jesse and Matt nailed it on the head.    

You started this.. you were wrong and have a long history of embellishing and lying and attacking people who question you.

Jesse and Matt nailed it on the head.

All those raindrops and ponchos were just a figure of my wild imagination.

All those raindrops and ponchos were just a figure of my wild imagination.

Nope... it was sprinkling and rain was predicted.   So there were some ponchos ready to be put into action!  

But most people did not need anything... here is the crowd right as Trump finishes his speech.  

inaug5.png

Nope... it was sprinkling and rain was predicted. So there were some ponchos ready to be put into action!

But most people did not need anything... here is the crowd right as Trump finishes his speech.

inaug5.png

People stand outside in the rain all the time at big events. That doesn't mean it's not raining.

What I do know is that I sure wouldn't want to be anywhere near the Tobias household when in starts raining on a summer afternoon, for my own safety. :lol:

People stand outside in the rain all the time at big events. That doesn't mean it's not raining.

What I do know is that I sure wouldn't want to be anywhere near the Tobias household when in starts raining on a summer afternoon, for my own safety. :lol:

OK... Phil.   Deflect.    So silly.  

Funny how suddenly viewpoints change when the other side is the one presenting them.  :rolleyes:

The left is really being ridiculous. Its more embarassing than Trump.

I'm surprised, really. Besides those on the far left, I do not see how this facade they are putting on will benefit them. Most common-sense Americans can see right through it, regardless of which side of the aisle you fall on.

Not to mention the Democrats need to work on getting independents back to their party and this certainly will not do that.

They are hurting their case in a big way... in my opinion.   

Trump was right to call out Schumers crocodile tears.   It was embarrassing.  

Totally amazing!  In spite of all the gnashing of teeth and angst ridden reports in the media about how Americans are outraged by the temporary halt of immigration it turns out only 32% of the population is against it.  32%! :lol:

This is according to a Rasmussen poll which is recognized as being one of the most accurate polling companies.  They are one of the few that was dead on about the Presidential election when it showed Trump and Clinton in a very tight race with frequent changes in who was ahead.

The media has turned into a complete joke with Trump.  You can't believe a word they say.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

They are hurting their case in a big way... in my opinion.   

Trump was right to call out Schumers crocodile tears.   It was embarrassing.  

I'm stunned!

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

I'm stunned!

Why?  Schumer crying is an insult to all intelligent people.   Completely over the top and makes me cringe... like watching Trump being interviewed.

Clearly the left is bolstering Trump's position... and people like me are starting to cheer for Trump based on this silliness from the left in the last couple days.

Totally amazing!  In spite of all the gnashing of teeth and angst ridden reports in the media about how Americans are outraged by the temporary halt of immigration it turns out only 32% of the population is against it.  32%! :lol:

This is according to a Rasmussen poll which is recognized as being one of the most accurate polling companies.  They are one of the few that was dead on about the Presidential election when it showed Trump and Clinton in a very tight race with frequent changes in who was ahead.

The media has turned into a complete joke with Trump.  You can't believe a word they say.

Those national polls showed Clinton winning by a decent margin.   That was accurate.   Devil is in the electoral details.    

The polls in WI, MI, and PA were wrong.   That is true. 

The media has definitely falsely reported several Trump-related stories lately, starting with the misleading inauguration photos, to the so-called "gag order' on U.S. scientists that was later revealed to have nothing to do with his administration. 

So many joke "news sources".

This was completely ignored, but is irrefutably true. 

As with the irresponsible "Muslim ban" wordage used by several media sources.

A forum for the end of the world.

On the other hand there is this, which shows that people must have other reasons besides just the immigration order for not supporting Trump:

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/01/29/trumps-disapproval-rating-surges-above-50-percent-setting-new/21702775/

This is from a Gallup poll after the first eight days of the new administration.

"President Donald Trump became the first president in modern history to have more than half of Americans disapprove of his job performance after only eight days in office, according to a new poll."

On the other hand there is this, which shows that people must have other reasons besides just the immigration order for not supporting Trump:

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/01/29/trumps-disapproval-rating-surges-above-50-percent-setting-new/21702775/

This is from a Gallup poll after the first eight days of the new administration.

"President Donald Trump became the first president in modern history to have more than half of Americans disapprove of his job performance after only eight days in office, according to a new poll."

Its Trump's personality and lack of maturity... pure and simple.  Many people will always hate him because he is truly offensive and child-like and that does not give them comfort.     This is just a fact.   

But this intense drama on the other side is a mess as well.    

Bannon said he wanted to tear down the entire system in 2013.   It seems they might be trying to destabilize the entire system with their haphazard approach.     This is a bad tactic and is going to result in a chaos and maybe a bad end for their administration if Congress completely turns on them.   

I heard a good description tonight of the Trump administration... too many unforced errors.    This is fumbling the ball with no contact.   They are making a mess and playing a dangerous game.   

They would be well served to slow it down and be more methodical... it will help them achieve their goals.     

If it shows anything negative for Trump it's probably a garbage media source. This kind of thinking will no doubt lead our country down a good path.

Hey guys, I'm getting a little disturbed by the vitriol being shown against our newly elected President. It's bad enough that I let libtards post, but some of this stuff is treasonous or close to it.

Rather than focusing on the false rain narrative that known communists and enemies of the state are being up, let us focus on the glory and respect that our savior, President Trump, is bring back to the White House and our country as a whole. Let's explore the alternative and true basis of these facts that gave us Americas greatest week since the Missouri Compromise.

Trump ended joblessness by declaring job war on Mexico.

Trump ended the flow of rapists and terrorists flowing into our nation by starting the wall.

Trump made Mexicans submit to our will as the Lord has deemed it.

Trump ended terror by banning the religion of hate from polluting the minds of our youth.

Trump will make this country pure again, even if you liberals can't accept these facts.

Now like a few of you true Americans, I too am looking forward to the deportations and executions, as we have a lot of cleaning up to do after eight years of that Kenyan ruining America. I appreciate your commitment to a pure and clean America. A god fearing and Jesus loving America, free of the communist, homosexual, and impure.

PRAISE BE TO THE GLORY THAT IS TRUMP.

One extreme or the other!

That's how we unite...

Its Trump's personality and lack of maturity... pure and simple.  Many people will always hate him because he is truly offensive and child-like and that does not give them comfort.     This is just a fact.   

But this intense drama on the other side is a mess as well.    

Bannon said he wanted to tear down the entire system in 2013.   It seems they might be trying to destabilize the entire system with their haphazard approach.     This is a bad tactic and is going to result in a chaos and maybe a bad end for their administration if Congress completely turns on them.   

I heard a good description tonight of the Trump administration... too many unforced errors.    This is fumbling the ball with no contact.   They are making a mess and playing a dangerous game.   

They would be well served to slow it down and be more methodical... it will help them achieve their goals.     

Out of curiosity, do their goals align with yours? 

If it snows anything negative for Trump it's probably a garbage media source. This kind of thinking will no doubt lead our country down a good path.

It's blatantly obvious that, as a whole, the media is and has been at war with Trump for quite awhile. He has admitted his side of the warfare.

There are, of course, garbage news sources across the political spectrum. But most of the media elite have been dead set against Trump for a long time, and whether you agree with them or not, that will and has lead to some very biased reporting. 

Out of curiosity, do their goals align with yours?

Not everything being proposed is bad on the surface. Some of it goes too far but he is doing what he said he would do and people voted for him on those promises. But he is making a mess. Maybe intentionally because he thrives in chaos. But its not going to serve him well. Much of this is probably coming from Bannon who is a dangerous person. Might be their undoing. They need the support of Congress and if public opinion wanes in the chaos then its going to be bad for Trump.

Not everything being proposed is bad on the surface. Some of it goes too far but he is doing what he said he would do and people voted for him on those promises. But he is making a mess. Maybe intentionally because he thrives in chaos. But its not going to serve him well. Much of this is probably coming from Bannon who is a dangerous person. Might be their undoing. They need the support of Congress and if public opinion wanes in the chaos then its going to be bad for Trump.

I agree that Bannon is definitely a dangerous person. And I can see that he is for the most part, doing what he said he would do. 

what do you think about the fact that the new head of the EPA doesn't believe in climate change, and that Trump has called climate change a "Chinese hoax"? it seems like some people here don't agree with the scientific consensus on climate change so it may not bother them?