2016 Fall Off Topic Thread AKA Football or Politics

MossMan

That would be nice to see. Although like you said, it probably won't be covered much by the media but nice nonetheless.

Contrary to some peoples beliefs on here, there is still a large segment of the population that supports Trump. I also think popularity polls are wrong for the same reason they were before - not a lot of people like to admit they support Trump.

There is a reason for that... and I think the novelty is wearing off for his supporters based on my personal experience.

Tough to support a president who routinely lies and launches petty attacks.  Hard to support any person who does that... let alone the president.    Just basic human nature.    He is his own worst enemy.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Sad part is that there are real issues... and Europe is a warning for us concerning unmitigated immigration.    

Trump could package and present this soooooo much better.   Screaming about bad people flooding in and coming to kill us... and pandering to the uneducated (and often racist) redneck crowd is not helping his cause.   And the lies... I think he believes his lies.   "Alternate facts" is a great description they offered.   Alternate facts are not facts... its delusion.  

The silly crap that got him elected is exactly why he will have major problems getting anything accomplished.

I am not sure how some of you can't see that... what we want for the country is probably not too different.    Its no mystery why people hate Trump.   

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

As I mentioned before the Rasmussen has his poll numbers at 52%. One of the few polls that is trustworthy.

Cherry picking... and that poll was prior to inauguration.  

Untitled.png

Rasmussen is the only poll I trust. All of these other ones is were showing Hillary being up by insane amounts in the Presidential race. I stick with what has proven itself. I consistently use that poll so don't accuse me of cherry picking for this case.

Also...I'm pretty shocked his numbers aren't worse given the ridiculous media bias against him. I guess that's because people are learning the media are nothing but a bunch of hacks these days.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

My prediction stands that Trump will go down as a great President. He will get past this stupid court battle and be victorious. George Soros has scored a couple of minor victories, but that vile scum bag is going to crash and burn.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Cherry picking... and that poll was prior to inauguration.

Untitled.png

Problem is, his negative marks are 100% due to foreign policy stuff and superficial drama. His approval ratings on the economy are actually through the roof, and that's what most Americans vote on.

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww243/phillywillie/Mobile%20Uploads/65B37EF3-FCB6-4E89-BEE1-BFB5244DB957_zpsgkvovsgf.jpg

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww243/phillywillie/Mobile%20Uploads/C0E0C23C-DB48-4DDC-8E7C-5D3904B3E3A0_zpsne9dpfzr.jpg

Rasmussen is the only poll I trust. All of these other ones is were showing Hillary being up by insane amounts in the Presidential race. I stick with what has proven itself. I consistently use that poll so don't accuse me of cherry picking for this case.

Also...I'm pretty shocked his numbers aren't worse given the ridiculous media bias against him. I guess that's because people are learning the media are nothing but a bunch of hacks these days.

I am surprised his approval rating is that high... in the 40s.   Not sure how that is possible for a president who is so immature and petty.   I think his approval rating is artificially high right now.    My Trump-supporting relatives would still say they support him but its waning based on his behavior.    

He could turn it around by changing his tone.   Unlikely it seems.

hawkstwelve, on 11 Feb 2017 - 8:51 PM, said:

Again, I really don't see where you are going with this. It literally has nothing to do with my original reply but OK. If I wanted to live in a Republican state, I could. In fact I'm 80% sure I'm moving to Idaho within two years - one of the most Republican states there is. Does that make me any more or less of a Republican?

You keep suggesting people in California don't know anything about Republicans when Washington probably has just as few percentage-wise Republicans in public office. It seems odd if you want to criticize California for being very much like your own state.  

Also, the Rasmussen poll was not from before Inauguration.

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww243/phillywillie/Mobile%20Uploads/E1F9F65E-E8AE-4D43-B9C3-0990A0607722_zpsgcllzcug.jpg

snow_wizard, on 11 Feb 2017 - 9:02 PM, said:

For that matter Washington is a Republican state when you get away from 3 counties in the central Puget Sound region. Even King County is conservative when you get east of I-405 and Hwy 167.

Are there any state-wide Republicans in public office [i.e. lieutenant governor, treasurer, secretary, US senators etc.]?  

Thing about approval numbers is they're not always relative.

Trump's approval rating is low because he's a thin-skinned egomaniac blowhard, and everyone knows it. Yet he's scoring higher marks on the economy than Obama or Clinton ever did, and this is what matters as evidenced by Trump's electoral romping of Hillary, despite having much lower "approval ratings" than she did.

My prediction stands that Trump will go down as a great President. He will get past this stupid court battle and be victorious. George Soros has scored a couple of minor victories, but that vile scum bag is going to crash and burn.

You are just as crazy as Trump.   And the comments about Soros!    Okie Dokie.   :lol:

Trump will never be a great president.  Success for him will be surviving and getting a few things accomplished with so much of the country so against him.   

Rumor has it there are going to be a number of pro Trump rallies nationwide in late Feb /early March. I've never gone to things like that, but I'm strongly considering it this time. I imagine the media won't cover them, but people are bound to hear about them. Probably a good chance of some anti Trump protesters showing up also.

Sounds like the recipe for a lot of violence.

Also, the Rasmussen poll was not from before Inauguration.

Remains unchanged then... the Real Clear Politics site has the Rasmussen poll from 1/17 and 1/18.  

Fantastic...and I mean fantastic article on the immigration / court debacle written by former Congressman Tom Tancredo. If you have an open mind you might learn a thing or two from this. President Trump has every reason to be very frustrated by this.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/02/11/tancredo-three-lessons-learned-from-the-judicial-brawl-over-trumps-immigration-order/

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

You are just as crazy as Trump. And the comments about Soros! Okie Dokie. :lol:

Trump will never be a great president. Success for him will be surviving and getting a few things accomplished with so much of the country so against him.

Haven't you busted on every political prediction you've made in this thread? I seem to recall Jim handing you your a** back in November.

Just saying.

Thing about approval numbers is they're not always relative.

Trump's approval rating is low because he's a thin-skinned egomaniac blowhard, and everyone knows it. Yet he's scoring higher marks on the economy than Obama or Clinton ever did, and this is what matters as evidenced by Trump's electoral romping of Hillary, despite having much lower "approval ratings" than she did.

And yet he still lost the popular vote.

Sounds like the recipe for a lot of violence.

One reason I'm not 100% sure I'm going.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Are there any state-wide Republicans in public office [i.e. lieutenant governor, treasurer, secretary, US senators etc.]?

A good number of US Congressmen, but not state wide.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Too bad the popular vote doesn't mean jack s**t. It's worth about as much as winning the elbino squirrel vote.

That's a travesty in of itself, but nothing will be done about it for quite awhile.

I'm very thankful the Founding Fathers had the foresight to create the electoral college. California could vote 100% democrat for President and it would be no better than 50.1%. They didn't want one state or highly populated region to rule the entire country. Too bad they didn't have more foresight about out of control judges. They can be impeached, but it's very cumbersome.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

For the third (fourth?) time, I'm comparing you and where you live with the fact that you pretend to know where the Republican party currently stands. I'm not criticizing your state, although there would be plenty to criticize if I wanted to.

I'm assuming that Carnation, WA is in metro Seattle area; not what one would consider conservative territory. Are there any Republicans representing your city/ county?

Too bad the popular vote doesn't mean jack s**t. It's worth about as much as winning the elbino squirrel vote.

That's a travesty in of itself, but nothing will be done about it for quite awhile.

Very true.    

Untitled.png

I'm very thankful the Founding Fathers had the foresight to create the electoral college. California could vote 100% democrat for President and it would be no better than 50.1%. They didn't want one state or highly populated region to rule the entire country. Too bad they didn't have more foresight about out of control judges. They can be impeached, but it's very cumbersome.

Thankfully they created checks and balances... this is just the beginning of Trump's troubles with the courts!

4 judges so far... and all ruled against him.    Everything is going to be challenged.    :)

The way you think is very dangerous.

Thankfully they created checks and balances... this is just the beginning of Trump's troubles with the courts!

4 judges so far... and all ruled against him. Everything is going to be challenged. :)

Which is exactly why the Hilter references are so stupid.

Trump has already been "checked and balanced", and I'm willing to bet that'll continue to happen on a relatively frequent basis.

For the third (fourth?) time, I'm comparing you and where you live with the fact that you pretend to know where the Republican party currently stands. I'm not criticizing your state, although there would be plenty to criticize if I wanted to.

One thing I really criticize about CA is they are drowning in debt largely due to illegal immigrants sucking off the public trough and yet they go to ridiculous means to not do anything about it. Just makes zero sense to me. How in the name of Sam Hill does an illegal qualify for government benefits anyhow?

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

It means that the majority of the people who voted didn't vote for him and voted for the person running against him instead. That means a little bit more than jack , IMO. It means Trump should perhaps proceed carefully but he is doing anything but.

Secretary of State, Secretary treasurer, representatives, etc. 3/4 of WA is Republican.

Thanks for info but if 3/4 of state are Republican how is it that you have a Democratic governor/ senators?

I'm assuming that Carnation, WA is in metro Seattle area; not what one would consider conservative territory. Are there any Republicans representing your city/ county?

It's actually rural farm country. You can travel 15 miles east of Seattle and think you are in another world.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Trump has already been "checked and balanced", and I'm willing to bet that'll continue to happen on a relatively frequent basis.

I hope so. I get a bad feeling about things sometimes. Seems like we are setting ourselves up for a potentially very volatile situation at some point.

It means that the majority of the people who voted didn't vote for him and voted for the person running against him instead. That means a little bit more than jack s**t, IMO. It means Trump should perhaps proceed carefully but he is doing anything but.

The thing is...you need to look at how the democrats had their a$$es handed to them in virtually every level of government nationwide. It was a bloodbath.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Yes... I agree completely.  

The Founding Fathers protected us from a loose cannon like Trump.

If you don't think politics can enter our judicial system and affect rulings, you are more naive than I thought. There is a reason WA state was the liberal state to go for it - they knew it would go to the 9th district court in San Fransisco and be upheld.

In the end run though, it's not too bad. Now Trump will re-write the order and although it will undoubtedly be challenged, it should (hopefully) be a lot more bulletproof.

He just has to write it the same way Obama did when he banned Iraqi immigrants for a time. The precedent will make it impossible to challenge.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

It means that the majority of the people who voted didn't vote for him and voted for the person running against him instead. That means a little bit more than jack s**t, IMO. It means Trump should perhaps proceed carefully but he is doing anything but.

It's a result of democrats unwillingly self-gerrymandering themselves into electoral hell. The rural and suburban vote has been gradually trending republican as white voters continue to leave the Democratic Party, while the dawn of the Information Age and growing minority vote within population centers has swung the urban vote towards the Democratic Party.

This is an issue, especially if someone like a Rubio comes along and grabs a bunch of the minority vote.

One thing I really criticize about CA is they are drowning in debt largely due to illegal immigrants sucking off the public trough and yet they go to ridiculous means to not do anything about it. Just makes zero sense to me. How in the name of Sam Hill does an illegal qualify for government benefits anyhow?

Please cite where the world's 6th largest economy is in debt. Yes, people do come here for a better life due to more generous benefits for poor folks; I guess that makes California a horrible place per Republicans.