February 23rd-25th Winter Storm Potential

Tom

0z runs tonight:

NAM:

http://maps1.pivotalweather.com/maps/models/nam/2017022200/084/snku_acc.us_mw.png

GFS:

http://maps1.pivotalweather.com/maps/models/gfs/2017022200/114/snku_acc.us_mw.png

GEM:

http://maps3.pivotalweather.com/maps/models/ggem/2017022200/114/snku_acc.us_mw.png

Who knows. Depends on the front end part of the system. NAM has temps at 33 while GFS/GEM are in the 30-32 range. Switch over to rain and a few inches on the backside. Interested to see what Dr. No says tonight and GFS ensembles...

this is a tough one for sure.. its been fun though... feels like the old times again... I just need to darn know real soon whats sorta happening... if its only going to be 6" im not going up... now if its the potential for a foot plus with a good likelyhood im hitting the road by thursday AM.

You are searching hard for a se trend lol... when we need it its not there...  dont want it its there... its boinked me the last 3 yrs.

Euro will be interesting for sure... if it goes America than we know these shenanigans might be legit.. and then there is occlusion.,..shakes head...

this is a tough one for sure.. its been fun though... feels like the old times again... I just need to darn know real soon whats sorta happening... if its only going to be 6" im not going up... now if its the potential for a foot plus with a good likelyhood im hitting the road by thursday AM.

You are searching hard for a se trend... when we need it its not there...  dont want it its there... its boinked me the last 3 yrs.

Best part of winter is tracking storms. Ups and downs of model watching. You win some and you lose some. This might be the last one of the year tho so I'm pushing hard for it.

Best part of winter is tracking storms. Ups and downs of model watching. You win some and you lose some. This might be the last one of the year tho so I'm pushing hard for it.

yeah youve never pushed this hard before... lol..  you bang models hard..nothing has changed with you there.. but your new attitude.. claps

Throw out a congrats MKE....   Wasnt congrats fargo the line that was always used during the couple winters where the NW trend always happened

2007/08 trended everything  NW in to my backyard in mke.    Madison was the hot spot to be during that NW trend era

GHD Blizzard was the ultimate NW Trend..  It will never be topped for me.

could tell at 48 it wasnt going to get it done... well that just muds my pants up more...se trend haunts me on.  probably need to be loking at that lead turd to see how far it lets the low dig before ejecting... seems its been more fav this set of runs for those not wanting congrats team ME/MSP.    I'm overtired and rambling.  Good night

could tell at 48 it wasnt going to get it done... well that just muds my pants up more...se trend haunts me on.  probably need to be loking in at that lead turd to see how far it lets the low dig before ejecting... seems its been more fav this set of runs for those not wanting congrats team ME/MSP.    I'm overtired and rambling.  Good night

Yup. GB mentioned it in their AFD yesterday that the wave tomorrow will determine where this goes. Also said it's a complex setup and changes were likely to happen. 

• Like 1