2016 Fall Off Topic Thread AKA Football or Politics

MossMan

NYT Article:

"we were attacked on Dec. 7, 1941, we were attacked on Sept. 11, 2001, and we were attacked on Nov. 8, 2016" NYT

Comparing people dying to Trump being president through our democracy is kind of sad..

The NYT has totally gone down the sewer.  I thought they might worry more about maintaining some credibility over attempting to take out Trump.  Guess I was wrong.  Sad to see a once great newspaper ruined like this.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

CNN is reporting investigation of treason per Brendan Boyle [D - Pennsylvania]

Many on the left are guilty of it as we speak.  Trying to undermine a sitting President with illegal leaks and wild lies.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

I wouldn't call impeachment "anticlimactic"

Trump will never be impeached.

You're really smoking the good stuff tonight. Mind sharing where I can get some for myself?

The NYT has totally gone down the sewer.  I thought they might worry more about maintaining some credibility over attempting to take out Trump.  Guess I was wrong.  Sad to see a once great newspaper ruined like this.

NYT subscriptions are rocketing up.

Numerous companies are also dropping Trump products because its better for their business.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Do you still subscribe to the Tuscaloosa Dixie Registrar?

Many on the left are guilty of it as we speak.  Trying to undermine a sitting President with illegal leaks and wild lies.

You cannot complain about leaks.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Trump will never be impeached.

You're really smoking the good stuff tonight. Mind sharing where I can get some for myself?

Way too tedious.   Resigning is more likely.  

The military/ CIA, judiciary, academic institutions all view Trump as a fool. Even professional sports try their best to stay clear of Trump [under Armour executive recants support for Trump after athletes warn company].  http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/319621-under-armour-ceo-walks-back-support-of-trump-in-full-page

Who cares what athletes think in the world of politics?

Academic institutions and the judiciary are full of leftist activist now.  As for the military...I'm sure the news sources cherry pick who they quote.  I'm sure many of them are thrilled with Trump.

This all comes down to people not liking his politics.  So what?

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

It's not "cool" to like Trump, yet when someone comes out in support of Trump they receive a ton of support.

Take Joy Villa for example, the woman who wore the Trump dress to the Grammys. She said she wore it to show "unity" with our President. Even though she doesn't agree with him on everything, she stands behind him because he's our President (what a novel idea). Everyone thought, "OMG this is artist suicide! Why would you ever wear that around here? Everyone will hate her!!" What happens? Her sales increase 540%.

Jackie Evancho is another one. Performed at the inauguration, got threats and gasps and everything in between. What happens? Her sales skyrocket, by yuge margins.

You and Tim and the media can claim Trump's supporters are deserting him, but that's just simply not the case. Some, certainly. Half? No way. Do we like everything he does? No. But I still believe he will do much better things for this country than Hillary. Actions over rhetoric.

Trump needs to add beyond his core base to be successful.    Going the other way for now.

Do you still subscribe to the Tuscaloosa Dixie Registrar?

Last night the NYT issued a news alert for a story that admitted there was no evidence to support it in the 3rd paragraph.  Reeks of desperation.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

And you most assuredly are a Republican despite your protests to the contrary.

Nope. I'm just not a dumb partisan hack, like yourself. I'm certain you'd be unable to sustain a coherent political argument, even if your life depended on it. You're a drone.

Looks like another timjimathon is firing up!

I am too tired.

I will be about 3 miles from the Trump rally on Saturday... might go over there and cheer him on.   He needs a boost right now.    :)

hawkstwelve, on 15 Feb 2017 - 7:29 PM, said:

It's not "cool" to like Trump, yet when someone comes out in support of Trump they receive a ton of support.

Take Joy Villa for example, the woman who wore the Trump dress to the Grammys. She said she wore it to show "unity" with our President. Even though she doesn't agree with him on everything, she stands behind him because he's our President (what a novel idea). Everyone thought, "OMG this is artist suicide! Why would you ever wear that around here? Everyone will hate her!!" What happens? Her sales increase 540%.

Jackie Evancho is another one. Performed at the inauguration, got threats and gasps and everything in between. What happens? Her sales skyrocket, by yuge margins.

You and Tim and the media can claim Trump's supporters are deserting him, but that's just simply not the case. Some, certainly. Half? No way. Do we like everything he does? No. But I still believe he will do much better things for this country than Hillary. Actions over rhetoric.

People don't want to be associated with such a narcissistic buffoon. Trump's name is now becoming a symbol of distain. I heard that Stephen Colbert [CBS] is breaking records every night  making jokes of Trump just like all the other late night comedians.

I think the word treason is thrown around too loosely on here. It means to willingly betray your country...I'm sure some who are challenging Trump are doing so out of love for their country, believe it or not.

Now if they're doing anything illegal or lying, then that's wrong and should be stopped. But I wouldn't necessarily call it treason.

A forum for the end of the world.

Way too tedious. Resigning is more likely.

He'll most likely be re-elected in 2020. The guy literally boasted about sexually assaulting women, media was all over it for months on a loop, and he still won in an electoral romp.

If you think a few unsubstantiated rumors are going to change things somehow, you're clinically insane.

Nope. I'm just not a dumb partisan hack, like yourself. I'm certain you'd be unable to sustain a coherent political argument, even if your life depended on it. You're a drone.

Didn't you claim that you and your girlfriend tried to go to the inaugural but the anti-Trump demonstrations made you reconsider?  You are not alone; most Republicans outside the bible-belt conceal their political affiliation.  You don't want to be ridiculed now.

Senate dems already comparing the Flynn/Russia thing to watergate. They're comparing to f**king watergate. :lol:

They're gonna get stomped in 2018. Truly cringeworthy how far gone these guys are.

I think many of us here would pay good money to see video of you at a Trump rally.

I can provide such video! How much can I make? I can cheer the guy on. :)

ECMWF shows thunderstorms around the rally time. High of 84 though... can't wait for that.

Phil, on 15 Feb 2017 - 7:45 PM, said:

Senate dems already comparing the Flynn/Russia thing to watergate. They're comparing to f**king watergate. :lol:

They're gonna get stomped in 2018.

But you are not a Republican, right? What are you ashamed of?  Do your college mates/ professors know how you think about politics?  

I think the word treason is thrown around too loosely on here. It means to willingly betray your country...I'm sure some who are challenging Trump are doing so out of love for their country, believe it or not.

Now if they're doing anything illegal or lying, then that's wrong and should be stopped. But I wouldn't necessarily call it treason.

Fair points.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Didn't you claim that you and your girlfriend tried to go to the inaugural but the anti-Trump demonstrations made you reconsider? You are not alone; most Republicans outside the bible-belt conceal their political affiliation. You don't want to be ridiculed now.

No, just my friend and I tried to drive which wasn't smart. Traffic was a nightmare, it was raining off and on, etc.

Yeah it's become pretty apparent that they are continuing to plunge head-first down the rabbit hole.

They just don't know when to stop.  I can see the average American rolling their eyes at the evening news tonight.

They are already in a deep hole and are using a backhoe to dig it deeper.  These news agencies display many symptoms of mental illness.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Phil, on 15 Feb 2017 - 7:51 PM, said:

No, just my friend and I tried to drive which wasn't smart. Traffic was a nightmare, it was raining off and on, etc.

Right, I remember your account of the tremendous rainfall in DC that day.

But you are not a Republican, right? What are you ashamed of? Do your college mates/ professors know how you think about politics?

I'm curious, what do you believe my political worldviews are?

Answer the question without dodging. I've outlined my views here multiple times, but I guess you've either missed the posts in reference, or you're making stuff up. Either way, jumping to conclusions, as you have, isn't reflective of an intelligent, objective mindset.

Phil, on 15 Feb 2017 - 7:54 PM, said:

I'm curious, what do you believe my political worldviews are?

I've outlined my views here multiple times, but maybe you just missed the posts in reference?

I'll pay more attention in the future to discern your political nuances

I'll pay more attention in the future to discern your political nuances

Read over the last five pages, perhaps. I mentioned a few of my political priorities just a few days ago.

They just don't know when to stop.  I can see the average American rolling their eyes at the evening news tonight.

They are already in a deep hole and are using a backhoe to dig it deeper.  These news agencies display many symptoms of mental illness.

When Hannity and Trump are pissed then its working perfectly. It will not end.

They're gonna get stomped in 2018. Truly cringeworthy how far gone these guys are.

I find the character you play here more cringeworthy.

Right, I remember your account of the tremendous rainfall in DC that day.

Bt California standards, any rain is heavy rain. :lol:

When Hannity and Trump are pissed then its working perfectly. It will not end.

The funny thing is public confidence in the media continues to plunge and yet they keep on shooting themselves in the foot.  People are seeing right through them now.  Who wouldn't be pissed off with vitriol being being hurled at them 24/7?  No President has ever had to go through this.  Perhaps the closest was Lincoln.  Kind of ironic the media totally blew it with him also. :lol:

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

The funny thing is public confidence in the media continues to plunge and yet they keep on shooting themselves in the foot.  People are seeing right through them now.  Who wouldn't be pissed off with vitriol being being hurled at them 24/7?  No President has ever had to go through this.  Perhaps the closest was Lincoln.  Kind of ironic the media totally blew it with him also. :lol:

The Confederate media?

Trump support is not growing. Its slipping. Annoying facts.

Trump support is not growing. Its slipping. Annoying facts.

I find it interesting that many congressional Republicans are now questioning him on the Russia ties. This includes John McCain, Lindsey Graham and Bob Corker.

Those treasonists must all love nothing burgers.

I find the character you play here more cringeworthy.

What "character" might that be? You tend to make a bunch of assumptions about my personality, most of which are either silly and/or wildly inaccurate. If not that, you regurgitate irrelevant weather forum drama from years ago, spin it into strawmen, then choir boy them on an ad-hominem-laden chain gang.