Winter 2016 Medium to Long Range Discussion; 5+ days out

hlcater

What are teleconnections favoring for next weekends system? I am just going to assume it will miss my area to the north so I'm not too worried about it, but my parents live in northern Iowa so they could get hit.

GEFS trending with a -AO/NAO...

Sorry, but I really have to chuckle at all this - at least for the Chicago area. I'm looking forward to seeing how everything pans out and comparing to all the model runs leading up. My guess is MKE and north event. Hopefully nobody gets overly-invested this early in the game. Time will tell....

Only 3-4 more days to go before I actually start getting excited about it. Hope it happens!

I gotta fly out of O'Hare on Saturday so no thanks!

2021-22 Snowfall: (Hiawatha)

TOTAL: 10.2"

(12/28: 3.0") (12/29: 0.8") 

(1/1: 6.4")

With the first system--- one would think N and that the Euro is out of it-- but the Euro did much better then the GFS with the last system 10-14 days ago when MPLS got the shaft...

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

With the first system--- one would think N and that the Euro is out of it-- but the Euro did much better then the GFS with the last system 10-14 days ago when MPLS got the shaft...

Euro surface pressure looks kind of odd tbh. It has the low pretty far south even though the freezing line is all the way up in Chicago at the time. Who knows though. Still 5-6 days out. 

Here's HR 120 and you can kind of see what I mean:

http://maps1.pivotalweather.com/maps/models/ecmwf/2017030600/120/sfcmslp.conus.png

You would think the low would be farther north in KS compared to eastern NM at that time. There's a band of precip in MN/WI with freezing line from northern IA into Chicago. 

Fantastic weather expected over the desert SW from Spring Training but Winter returns to the East...00z Euro Day 6-10 temp mean...where was this all winter???   I mean, that has the look of a classic Nina pattern.

C6PmvfCUsAAus6O.jpg

Fantastic weather expected over the desert SW from Spring Training but Winter returns to the East...00z Euro Day 6-10 temp mean...where was this all winter??? I mean, that has the look of a classic Nina pattern.

C6PmvfCUsAAus6O.jpg

Ill be in the valley over easter....