Polite Politics

Rubus Leucodermis

End Times vibes.

Bill Gates or Sam Harris just may be the Antichrist

In January, Gates warned that a new pandemic is afoot which may be “man-made” and “far more brutal.” He blamed the failed response to COVID-19 in part on “a particularly dangerous form of populism” whose connection to US healthcare is “a bit concerning” and praised authoritarian responses like Australia’s and China’s.

Author and neuroscientist Sam Harris earlier this year explained why it is important to totalitarians like himself that the next pandemic specifically targets children. Harris said society was “unlucky” that the coronavirus did not target children, because child victims would eliminate “vaccine skepticism.”

I mean, just think about—leave COVID exactly as it is, but just make it preferentially dangerous to children rather than to old people, right? You just flip that around, the variable of age. If kids were dying by the hundreds of thousands from COVID at a rate of whatever it was, you know, one percents, say, but it was pretty much all kids – we would have had a very different experience, right? And the patience, there would have been no f*cking patience for vaccine skepticism, right? And everyone would have recognized that this is not ‘my body, my choice’, this is ‘you’re not gonna kill my kids with your ignorance’, right?

• Angry 1
  • scream 1

2 hours ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Our country has an amazing and unique history. We took nothing and made a beautiful city on a hill. Now the left wants to tear it down!

Our country has a shameful and unique history. Rich white men ravaged a pristine environment to build a soulless, mechanized wasteland on the backs of oppressed immigrants, slaves, and women. Now the right wants to glorify and perpetuate it!

• Like 1
  • lol 1
  • Downvote 5
  • bongocat-test 1

1 hour ago, Eugene-5SW said:

Our country has a shameful and unique history. Rich white men ravaged a pristine environment to build a soulless, mechanized wasteland on the backs of oppressed immigrants, slaves, and women. Now the right wants to glorify and perpetuate it!

Our history is so much more shameful than that of Germany, Russia, Japan, or the Aztecs. Come on. I agree we should be better to our environment.

• Like 1

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

20 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Our history is so much more shameful than that of Germany, Russia, Japan, or the Aztecs. Come on. I agree we should be better to our environment.

You served up a fat pitch and I felt obliged to take a rhetorical swing at it. Like it or not, the perspective is equally as valid as your own, and it's what the left believes.

• Weenie 1

38 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

I assume you mean less?

Which ..I get what you're saying.  I'm sure whoever was in charge of present day Germany back when we had our first thanksgiving wasn't the greatest either.

I'm just so surprised on your pushback on this given your wife's family BG and your dislike for the KC football team.

3 hours ago, Eugene-5SW said:

You served up a fat pitch and I felt obliged to take a rhetorical swing at it. Like it or not, the perspective is equally as valid as your own, and it's what the left believes.

You and @SnarkyGoblin would love to read Howard Zinn. Sorry @roadtonowhere08 if it puts you in the ICU again

As explained by Jeff Fynn-Paul in his book Not Stolen: The Truth About European Colonialism in the New World:

The origins of today’s radical anti-Europeanism—the same anti-Europeanism that has gone mainstream in the past few years—lie in the intellectual ferment of the 1960s and ’70s. As New Left campus Marxism reached a high-water mark in the 1970s, Marxist historians began a concerted assault on the foundations of American history. The problem with American history from their perspective was that it made capitalism look too good: American democracy empowered the people; its melting pot welcomed everyone, albeit not without serious friction, and its economic system rewarded hard work more often than not. Marxist historians therefore determined to rewrite American history to show their version of the “truth”: that America was a “system” rooted in unrelenting oppression.

This view was popularized by the radical American historian Howard Zinn. As Fynn-Paul explains:

In Zinn’s view, history always consists of precisely two groups: the oppressor and the oppressed. The ‘system’ perpetuates conflict between these two groups, ensuring the domination of one group over another. In Zinn’s pessimistic view, oppression rather than freedom was the very foundation of the United States and its Constitution.

Thus, critical feminist scholars “discovered” that history revolved around males oppressing females, while critical race theorists discovered that history revolved around the oppression and slavery of black people by white people. Post-colonial theorists accordingly discovered that history revolved around the oppression of Indigenous People by Europeans. Soon, critical “intersectionality” theorists lumped all these identity-based oppressions together, discovering that wealthy, straight, white European males were the ultimate oppressors in history, while poor, black, gay or gender-fluid Indigenous women of color were the ultimate victims.

Put another way, “Down with the evil colonizers! Down with the oppressor class!”

9 hours ago, Iceresistance said:

That was back on November 15th, then Musk realized what was actually going on and filed a lawsuit against Media Matters last week on November 20th

That's called licking your finger and finding out which way the wind is blowing.  Musk is a classic conspiracy theory bait taker.

8 hours ago, hawkstwelve said:

Koch brothers are now endorsing Nikki Haley for president. This should give her access to their large political machinery behind the scenes.

While endorsements do not carry the heft they once did, this certainly can't hurt anything for Haley. More money, more voter access, better accessibility to get her message out there. 

https://dnyuz.com/2023/11/28/koch-network-endorses-nikki-haley-in-bid-to-push-g-o-p-past-trump/

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/11/28/billionaire-backed-koch-network-endorses-nikki-haley-for-president.html

Eww.  Get money out of politics.  Especially from those two asswipes.  If a voter is too lazy to read up on a candidate, then they should not vote.  End of story.  I don't need to be beaten over the head with infinite ads and wasteful mailers.

51 minutes ago, Anti Marine Layer said:

You and @SnarkyGoblin would love to read Howard Zinn. Sorry @roadtonowhere08 if it puts you in the ICU again

As explained by Jeff Fynn-Paul in his book Not Stolen: The Truth About European Colonialism in the New World:

The origins of today’s radical anti-Europeanism—the same anti-Europeanism that has gone mainstream in the past few years—lie in the intellectual ferment of the 1960s and ’70s. As New Left campus Marxism reached a high-water mark in the 1970s, Marxist historians began a concerted assault on the foundations of American history. The problem with American history from their perspective was that it made capitalism look too good: American democracy empowered the people; its melting pot welcomed everyone, albeit not without serious friction, and its economic system rewarded hard work more often than not. Marxist historians therefore determined to rewrite American history to show their version of the “truth”: that America was a “system” rooted in unrelenting oppression.

This view was popularized by the radical American historian Howard Zinn. As Fynn-Paul explains:

In Zinn’s view, history always consists of precisely two groups: the oppressor and the oppressed. The ‘system’ perpetuates conflict between these two groups, ensuring the domination of one group over another. In Zinn’s pessimistic view, oppression rather than freedom was the very foundation of the United States and its Constitution.

Thus, critical feminist scholars “discovered” that history revolved around males oppressing females, while critical race theorists discovered that history revolved around the oppression and slavery of black people by white people. Post-colonial theorists accordingly discovered that history revolved around the oppression of Indigenous People by Europeans. Soon, critical “intersectionality” theorists lumped all these identity-based oppressions together, discovering that wealthy, straight, white European males were the ultimate oppressors in history, while poor, black, gay or gender-fluid Indigenous women of color were the ultimate victims.

Put another way, “Down with the evil colonizers! Down with the oppressor class!”

The truth is always somewhere in the middle.  Those on the far left are rabid over D**n near everything.  Having said this, European colonialism wreaked havoc on pretty much every continent on Earth and we are still seeing immense fallout from that period and will continue to do so for a very long time.  That is an unavoidable fact.

Hello from the ICU again:

Nick Kyrgios makes rude gesture from hospital bed after undergoing knee  surgery - Mirror Online

20 minutes ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

The truth is always somewhere in the middle.  Those on the far left are rabid over D**n near everything.  Having said this, European colonialism wreaked havoc on pretty much every continent on Earth and we are still seeing immense fallout from that period and will continue to do so for a very long time.  That is an unavoidable fact.

This is my position as well. I thought it was obvious I was satirizing Andrew's rather sloppily sentimental post, but evidently it went over at least 4 people's heads, including Andrew's.

Feel better soon!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Eugene-5SW said:

This is my position as well. I thought it was obvious I was satirizing Andrew's rather sloppily sentimental post, but evidently it went over at least 4 people's heads, including Andrew's.

Feel better soon!

I think your first post on the previous page made it clear where you stand.

The nurses at the ICU told me to tell the mods here that Marine Layer's official username should be "Marxist Marine Layer"

@hawkstwelve See what you can do 🤫

• scream 2

31 minutes ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

I think your first post on the previous page made it clear where you stand.

The nurses at the ICU told me to tell the mods here that Marine Layer's official username should be "Marxist Marine Layer"

@hawkstwelve See what you can do 🤫

What about Anti-Marxist Marine Layer?

This is the definition of fake news. Even if true, who cares, obviously these are degenerates a functioning society would remove.

https://www.mediaite.com/weird/washington-post-drops-eye-popping-report-on-the-maga-doms-and-libtard-subs-infiltrating-kink-communities/

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Eugene-5SW said:

Feel better soon!

Not sure what went over my head? The boilerplate left wing talking points?

33 minutes ago, Anti Marine Layer said:

Woke math:

Any situation that leads to a disparity between white people and people of color (whether or not that is the intended result) is racism

More people of color need abortions than white people

Therefore all pro-lifers are racist

Did you learn this in Woke101 at Prager U?

Edited by SilverFallsAndrew

Some interesting ideas regarding presidential debates for next year within this piece.

https://thehill.com/opinion/congress-blog/4330350-presidential-debates-may-not-happen-in-2024-heres-how-we-can-save-this-valuable-tradition/

I kind of like the idea of removing the "journalist" moderators and instead having blocks of time given to certain topics (abortion, immigration, foreign policy, etc.) and letting the candidates have free reign. Explain their positions, question or challenge their opponents, etc. Not only would it probably be more insightful than the bickering we usually get with the moderators, but also probably a lot more entertaining. It might also move the needle on voters a little more if certain candidates weren't able to be protected by the moderators saying "Sir, I ask the questions here, not you." A lot harder to weasel out of answers when you don't have someone on stage backing you up.

• Facepalm 1

Never say Never with Weather, because anything is possible!

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted

Gas prices in No Tx at $2.70.  
How’s it going where you are?

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

On 11/28/2023 at 7:33 PM, Iceresistance said:

My husband comes from a ranching family.  Ranchers will fight back. And it’ll get ugly. 

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

Americans need an extra $11,400 just to have the same standard of living as they did in January of 2021. Largest decline in real wages in four decades. 5+ million illegal immigrants have crossed the southern border. Two international wars have started. A disastrous withdrawl from Afghanistan. A natural disaster in Hawaii that barely got recognized and was handled horribly. Our transportation system has come under constant stress and chaos. The "soul of our country" hasn't changed for the better in the slightest. An approval rating in the high 30s. And to top all that off, Biden is 84 years old and acts like he should be in a nursing home. So much so, 77% of Americans think he's too old to be in office including 65% of his own party.

Next year should be a cake walk for the Republican candidate. It should be a trouncing. But no. Instead, we will nominate Convict Trump and make it needlessly close, if not outright lose. And if he happens to win, our country will be plunged into chaos yet again. But at least MAGA will get to go back to "owning the libs". Congrats guys.

I'm honestly so tired of the two party system in this country. It's toxic, power hungry, and ineffective at producing quality candidates. Both parties are a freaking mess. I'll probably end up voting for RFK. Not like it'll matter here in SD anyway. But maybe if an Independent gets enough votes the two parties would wake the f*ck up. Oh, who am I kidding? Nothing will change.

15 minutes ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

As the real power brokers intend.  Sucking the country dry while it suffers.

And before we know it, the economy will implode, like they always seem to do less than a year before the Presidental Election!

1 hour ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

An outstanding write up on Henry Kissinger:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/29/us/henry-kissinger-dead.html

"To Mr. Kissinger, there were superpowers and there was everything else, and it was the everything else that got him into trouble."

Indeed.  Enjoy Hell, Henry.

Here's another nice headline

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/henry-kissinger-war-criminal-dead-1234804748/

4 hours ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

"To Mr. Kissinger, there were superpowers and there was everything else, and it was the everything else that got him into trouble."

He was the deadpan cheerleader for the Vietnam war.  Hearing him droll on and on every day during that war was enough to make you psychotic.   
Kissinger was the Tokyo Rose of Vietnam.
Roast in Hell Henry.  

All of this was planned to make sure that Trump would never win again and shadowban anyone who doesn't fit their narrative!? (TW: Cursing)

CTIL Files #1: US And UK Military Contractors Created Sweeping Plan For Global Censorship In 2018, New Documents Show (substack.com)

29 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

I thought that Henry Kissinger was already gone, getting to 100 is impressive in its own right.

As probably the oldest on the board I have to say hearing of his hitting 100 just makes my bones hurt.  I can’t imagine dealing with it day in and day out. 

5 hours ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

Henry was a particularly egregious exemplar, but this is basically standard procedure for anyone involved in running a superpower.

It's called clown range for a reason.

Trump is now touting his endorsement from a BLM leader in Rhode Island and that he's very honored to have BLM's support. This is the same group that he once said "hates our country" and that they are "turning our communities into war zones". I guess they don't hate our country anymore since one of them likes Trump, because obviously you can only love our country if you love Trump.

Honestly, Hamas could endorse Trump tomorrow and he would thank them for their support. The guy has no moral compass besides who is with him or who is against him. Freaking ridiculous.

RDT_20231130_0950337301243600019857934.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excited 1
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, hawkstwelve said:

Trump is now touting his endorsement from a BLM leader in Rhode Island and that he's very honored to have BLM's support. This is the same group that he once said "hates our country" and that they are "turning our communities into war zones". I guess they don't hate our country anymore since one of them likes Trump, because obviously you can only love our country if you love Trump.

Honestly, Hamas could endorse Trump tomorrow and he would thank them for their support. The guy has no moral compass besides who is with him or who is against him. Freaking ridiculous.

RDT_20231130_0950337301243600019857934.jpg

I was like "Uhhhh, what!?" When I found out about that.