Middle East Conflict of 2023-2024

Iceresistance

They’ll let Iran make the first strike.  Then look out. 
We just don’t need this sh*t in the world.  🤦‍♀️

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

2 hours ago, Andie said:

They’ll let Iran make the first strike.  Then look out. 
We just don’t need this shot in the world.  🤦‍♀️

Iran made the mistake of attacking Israel directly with SO MANY DRONES AND MISSILES

Never say Never with Weather, because anything is possible!

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted

30 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

Iran made the mistake of attacking Israel directly with SO MANY DRONES AND MISSILES

Well, if you want any to actually hit a target, you have to overwhelm the defenses. 

Whether Tehran is serious about inflicting serious damage or if this is political cover to issue "payback" for the consulate attack remains to be seen.

We’ll see how tonight goes.  
Sometimes I wonder if they’re just testing their rockets.  
Why can’t people just learn to play in their own yard!?

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

42 minutes ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

Well, if you want any to actually hit a target, you have to overwhelm the defenses. 

Whether Tehran is serious about inflicting serious damage or if this is political cover to issue "payback" for the consulate attack remains to be seen.

I actually got this post, and it was from a left-wing person (WARNING: THERE IS CURSING IN THE IMAGE)

Iran is actually targeting CIVILIAN structures

Screenshot 2024-04-13 191755.png

3 hours ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

Heeeeeere comes the drones 

What a world we live in....

You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come.  Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places.  All these are the beginning of birth pains.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

As an American, you do realize the irony of your last sentence, yes?

Yes, indeedee!

25 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

I actually got this post, and it was from a left-wing person (WARNING: THERE IS CURSING IN THE IMAGE)

Iran is actually targeting CIVILIAN structures

Screenshot 2024-04-13 191755.png

Your leftie source should get some perspective: They are all killing civilians indiscriminately at this point.

11 minutes ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

Your leftie source should get some perspective: They are all killing civilians indiscriminately at this point.

He also hates the Israeli government on how they are handling the Hamas war for more context

3 hours ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

I am reading that the attack is completed.  Almost all projectiles were shot down.  Tehran says the ball is in Israel's court.

Looks like a message rather than a full scale attack.

The staus quo continues.

13 hours ago, Iceresistance said:

He also hates the Israeli government on how they are handling the Hamas war for more context

Dude.  You're talking about a random person on the Internet.  Who cares?!?  That could be a Russian troll or an AI bot.

Your generation....

13 hours ago, Anti Marine Layer said:

You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come.  Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places.  All these are the beginning of birth pains.

Do you honestly think you're going to see the Armageddon? 

Iran state media is reportedly showing videos from fires in Chile and Texas, claiming that it's Israel. Definitely seems like this was just a ploy to save face domestically and not to start a wider regional (or world) war. Hopefully cooler heads prevail in whatever response Israel feels like it needs to do. 

18 minutes ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

Dude.  You're talking about a random person on the Internet.  Who cares?!?  That could be a Russian troll or an AI bot.

Your generation....

He is a moderator on a server, and he is from MA

He is also a verified user, which does not make him a Russian Troll or AI bot

55 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

Yes, just like how every verified user on Twitter couldn't be a troll.

Whether it's a guy in his basement playing video games or a Russian troll - it doesn't matter.  We don't/shouldn't care what they're saying.

23 minutes ago, Anti Marine Layer said:

It's a possibility 

Your opinions are starting to make sense.

I might also be off the wall crazy if my starting point was that the apocalypse was near.  I might be reaching for anything and everything for a sign to confirm my beliefs.

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, hawkstwelve said:

Iran state media is reportedly showing videos from fires in Chile and Texas, claiming that it's Israel. Definitely seems like this was just a ploy to save face domestically and not to start a wider regional (or world) war. Hopefully cooler heads prevail in whatever response Israel feels like it needs to do. 

Unfortunately, we are talking about the Middle East.

• Like 1
It's called clown range for a reason.

1 hour ago, Iceresistance said:

He sends $8/mo to Elon for a blue check mark! That means he MUST be 100% reliable! Fact!

• lol 1

On 4/8/2024 at 11:47 PM, roadtonowhere08 said:

Time for Andrew to have another brain aneurysm:

That guy looks like death. Is he 108 years old? Being so evil must take a lot out of a person. 

• Like 1

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

2 hours ago, hawkstwelve said:

They’re very good at diversion and lies.  They just don’t realize how much dramatic images are shared throughout the internet.  
Maybe they should get out more.🫤

Secondly, I seriously doubt we’re at Armageddon.  They said that during the 6 days war   Now set off a nuke in Jerusalem and you’re likely there.   When holy sites get destroyed, you’ve crossed the Rubicon   

34 minutes ago, Andie said:

Secondly, I seriously doubt we’re at Armageddon.  They said that during the 6 days war   Now set off a nuke in Jerusalem and you’re likely there.   When holy sites get destroyed, you’ve crossed the Rubicon.

Which would entail destroying one of their own, since one of the holiest sites in Islam, al-Aqsa, is in al-Quds/Jerusalem.

Very true.  
Mutually assured destruction, in a manner of speaking. 

U.S. officials believe up to 500 drones could be targeting Israel from Syria, Iraq, Lebanon and Iran, ABC News reported.

“We have not enforced the oil sanctions, 90% of their oil is being sold to China. We have backed away from our greatest ally, Israel, very publicly,” Waltz said. “And by the way, we spent the last couple of years begging Iran to get back in to an Iran deal using Russia as an intermediary, and the lead negotiator is now under investigation by the FBI for some type of traitorous activity towards Iran … the list is so long that Iran clearly thinks it can get away with this and sees this as an opportunity.”https://www.wnd.com/2024/04/dangerous-disaster-ex-green-beret-blasts-biden-iran-launches-israel-attack/

1 hour ago, Andie said:

U.S. officials believe up to 500 drones could be targeting Israel from Syria, Iraq, Lebanon and Iran, ABC News reported.

“We have not enforced the oil sanctions, 90% of their oil is being sold to China.  We have backed away from our greatest ally, Israel, very publicly ,” Waltz said. “And by the way, we spent the last couple of years begging Iran to get back in to an Iran deal using Russia as an intermediary, and the lead negotiator is now under investigation by the FBI for some type of traitorous activity towards Iran … the list is so long that Iran clearly thinks it can get away with this and sees this as an opportunity.”https://www.wnd.com/2024/04/dangerous-disaster-ex-green-beret-blasts-biden-iran-launches-israel-attack/

First, Israel is a rogue ally.

Second, gee, I wonder why we might be at least giving the impression we are not happy with them?  Genocide is kind of a big deal. 

How many current and former presidents have to be seen furious with Israeli leadership?  They want what they want, and to hell with anyone who has an opinion.  Oh, and they'll be all to happy to take our money and weapons though.  Unfortunately, they are either too selfish or stupid to realize their decades of divide/conquer and illegal settlements only increase their isolation.  The world is slowly getting sick of them.

• Sick 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, roadtonowhere08 said:

First, Israel is a rogue ally.

Second, gee, I wonder why we might be at least giving the impression we are not happy with them?  Genocide is kind of a big deal. 

How many current and former presidents have to be seen furious with Israeli leadership?  They want what they want, and to hell with anyone who has an opinion.  Oh, and they'll be all to happy to take our money and weapons though.  Unfortunately, they are either too selfish or stupid to realize their decades of divide/conquer and illegal settlements only increase their isolation.  The world is slowly getting sick of them.

"The world is slowly getting sick of THEM." 

Hmmm.... You are obsessed with hate. 

Edited by SilverFallsAndrew

3 hours ago, Andie said:

They’re very good at diversion and lies.  They just don’t realize how much dramatic images are shared throughout the internet.  
Maybe they should get out more.🫤

Secondly, I seriously doubt we’re at Armageddon.  They said that during the 6 days war   Now set off a nuke in Jerusalem and you’re likely there.   When holy sites get destroyed, you’ve crossed the Rubicon   

What if Israel launched a nuclear strike on Mecca. Is that the modern equivalent of MAAD? 

I've always thought it funny that Muslims are so against idolatry, yet they venerate a big rock. Would be such a pity if something were to happen to it. 

3 hours ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

Which would entail destroying one of their own, since one of the holiest sites in Islam, al-Aqsa, is in al-Quds/Jerusalem.

That's right. Oh Mohammadddddd. We should have a cartoon contest! 

Edited by SilverFallsAndrew

Everyone needs to take a chill pill and a siesta.  Hot heads are to many and if they’ll back off they might find they like peace.  
What a concept!  

I doubt they’ll do that.  They’re much too itchy to settle down.  
They’ll likely avoid nukes but it’ll be a shooting gallery yet.  

16 minutes ago, Andie said:

Everyone needs to take a chill pill and a siesta.  Hot heads are to many and if they’ll back off they might find they like peace.  
What a concept!  

I doubt they’ll do that.  They’re much too itchy to settle down.  
They’ll likely avoid nukes but it’ll be a shooting gallery yet.  

Can't back off when egos, money, land, and holy books are on the line. 

And then the Christians just want all of them to die so they can take the Stairway To Heaven.

Where's an asteroid when you need one?

• Windy 1
  • Downvote 1

Nice Op-Ed about the Iranian influence in the Middle East. 

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/14/opinions/iran-strikes-israel-what-it-wants-bergen/index.html

I also like the mention about the Nuclear Deal.  Trump screwed the pooch big time by listening to the idiots who wanted out.  Now Iran is closer to a nuke.  Oops! 

Sometimes successful policy may make you weak by the hardliners, but in reality you come out ahead.  That's called "soft power".  The dopes in the GOP and Israel might want to learn that.

Peace ain't as sexy as blowing sh*t up.  Poor John Bolton would have nothing to talk about.

• Like 1