East/Gulf Coast Weather 2017

Phil

Yeah this has been weather wise around here one of the most borning streaks I have ever experienced it's really Comercialy bad lol.the good news maybe that we will be going into solar minimum over the next few years and some of our most active weather streaks have been issolated with solar minimums so hopefully things will start picking up excitement wise in the next few years.and end this crappy streak we seem to be in.

Great storms in Ohio west virginia problem is we are in the down sloping part of this system I suspect that low pressure system yesterday screwed us as it put us between the front and the departing low which gives us the down sloping effect.seems like as phil said we been under some sort of elaxsatives as it hard pressed to get much if anything exciting in most of the region.eventually this streak will break the question is when.p.s nothing here line pretty much fell a part just to much down sloping today for activity to survive.as said in this post we just got cought in the between systems today which screwed us.the down sloping likey came from the back side of the low that departed.pretty Comercial that we went from a may like rain pattern and low clouds yesterday to completely shut out today just a strange summer storm wise.and we thought last summer it could not get worse this summer has last summer beat for being even worse in that department.

76* with scattered thunderstorms. One is just a few miles from me. The circulation of the low has it playing with me though.

Some of these storms are heavy.

What a crazya$$ summer for Texas. So much rain.

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

Temps might approach 100*F midweek here. I bet heat indices approach 110*F, given the potent moisture transport.

Thought I'd paste this here as I'm interested in opinions regarding affects on weather and/or climate.

Solar Minimum is coming- 2019-2020

https://phys.org/news/2017-06-solar-minimum.html

North Texas is looking at low to mid 90's with a 20-25% chance of storms for a week beginning Friday.

Typical summer pattern.

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

Wish you could have stayed longer.  London is a blast, but so are cities beyond.  I lived just outside of Cambridge for a semester in college, and went all over. 

I'm super fond of the west country or both England and Scotland.  Great beer too! :P

Some moderate rains moving in. Much needed evening temperature drop following a 95/70 afternoon, but dewpoints are going to surge into the mid/upper 70s as a result.

Oh, and Thursday looks brutal in the humidity dept. That's a classic streamflow for dews approaching 80 degrees here.

This has to be one of if not the most borning streaks convection wise I have ever seen in this reagion it getting to be hard to even by the sound of thunder let alone severe weather just an amazing lack luster of activity hopefully we see something with the heat tommore or firday but not holding my breath.some of the analogs are looking interesting for a tropical threat in eather September or October would be funny if we ended the convection drought with a major tropical system in the fall.

95/75 and gross outside, but high clouds have saved us from approaching 100*F so far.

I have also been noticing that the nws has been over doing the storm chances in our reagion as well the last few days.as we been stating this has been one of the worst streaks for convective thunderstorm action in our reagion it's really been Comercial how bad it has been.we are due for an active summer in the next few years hopefully with solar minimum the next few years a more active streak of weather will line up.by the way a storm just pop up here thunder from it.

Garden variety storms with good outflow. Areas to my SW got slammed through. Looks like a few wet microbursts.

DCA gusted to 48mph, which is about the same as here.

also big lighting producers radio is pop corn none stop.

I didn't see much lightning here. Heard a bunch of booming in the distance but only saw one legit CTG strike here.

Rain was impressive, though. About 0.35" in one minute.

I didn't see much lightning here. Heard a bunch of booming in the distance but only saw one legit CTG strike here.

Rain was impressive, though. About 0.35" in one minute.

it back build here major lighting and thunder heavey rains once again getting slimution lighting thunder.ps storm finally moving out here now but for 10 mins it was like a war going on lighting flash bang lighting flash bang as it actually back build in somewhat.

Constant rumble in the distance here. Plus with the temperature drop it's cool enough to open the windows and listen to it.

We hit 104* today. I don't want to think of the heat index. My hair almost caught fire this afternoon.

Tomorrow will be a chilly 96 and Sunday 93. Lows near 73-74. Humidity 71%.

Typical late July, but I'm ready for Fall.

We'll see temps between 79-100* for the next 10 days.

A few clouds if we're lucky and virtually no wind. Sounds lovely.

IMG_2611.JPG

Whiffed here.

yeah nothing here so far eather steering currents are weak which is typical this time of year so places under these will get a big dump in sort period of time.Harford county is getting hammered with that cell on top of them.over all its still a very bad stretch of borning weather it's likey Phil the worst streak of unexciting weather I have ever experienced .

It looks like the weather excitement for the Mid Atlantic is either ring of fire or heat.

Question is which side of the boundary you're on. July severe climo (in ring-of-fire/EML setups) favors you guys in Philly, and is less promising for DC. It's also a very unpredictable pattern with huge boom/bust potential.

In patterns like this, the MCS/derecho train usually centers along/north of the M/D line, while the DC area roasts under downsloping westerly winds. That said, when these patterns do perform here, they go gangbusters. The two most recent derecho/super-wind events in DC (7/25/10, 6/29/12) occurred under very similar patterns.

I enjoyed that.

Hot, dry, blistering sun, no wind here. That was a nice change.

Looks like a nice place to enjoy an afternoon though.

Today's dry lightning storm. The bolt at 1:10 stuck a streetlight about four houses away.

man that was some close lighting strikes you were getting there yesterday sounded like it had to of been flash bang flash bang lighting thunder slimutarliy.that was sort of how it was here from 3:50 to 4:30 today little rain but lighting thunder like crazy I'm sure right in the middle of the cell it was pouring but in these cases it very local like up the street different type of deal.I would guess those fire sirens were from that lighting strike that hit that streetlight.
  • Like 1