West Coast Sports Talk and Other Banter

Bad coaching by TCU lost them the ballgame.

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

25 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

TCU is going to lose!   Do they fall out of CFP?

They will and it will prove that the CFP system is extremely flawed. 

Let say Ohio State and Alabama now gets in due the losses of TCU and USC. 

So basically what they’re saying is that they will rewards teams that sits home while some have to play an EXTRA game in the conferences championships with results less than ideal. Case in point USC and TCU. And mind you, conferences championship games are against RANKED opps.

how does it make any sense to reward Ohio state with 1 loss and didn’t make to championship game vs TCU now with 1 lost during its championship game?

how dumb. Can’t wait when more teams are allowed to make the field. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cloud said:

They will and it will prove that the CFP system is extremely flawed. 

Let say Ohio State and Alabama now gets in due the losses of TCU and USC. 

So basically what they’re saying is that they will rewards teams that sits home while some have to play an EXTRA game in the conferences championships with results less than ideal. Case in point USC and TCU. And mind you, conferences championship games are against RANKED opps.

how does it make any sense to reward Ohio state with 1 loss and didn’t make to championship game vs TCU now with 1 lost during its championship game?

how dumb. Can’t wait when more teams are allowed to make the field. 

What it boils down to is who would beat who at the end of the year.  I think the voting should come down to who is playing the best at the end of the year.  Late season losses should hold more weight than early season losses.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Terreboner said:

What it boils down to is who would beat who at the end of the year.  I think the voting should come down to who is playing the best at the end of the year.  Late season losses should hold more weight than early season losses.

This has always been my thought as well. Early season losses are better

1 hour ago, Cloud said:

This has always been my thought as well. Early season losses are better

I'm of the mind that even if you lose 3 games throughout the season, especially if you had some injuries, and are peaking at the end.  You should be given a shot.

Broncos lose!!    3-9 now and first round pick getting higher with each game.   

Classic... Russ has no TDs and could not get them into FG position to win it at the end.

• Like 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Vomit worthy garbage defense. The Rams are a shell of themselves and yet no problem going right down the field with a backup QB 

Edited by MossMan

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Just now, MossMan said:

Vomit worthy garbage defense. 

Pete was really angry about the performance last week.   Looks like they did a great job fixing things.   🤮

• Sick 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Mark my words... this game is a loss. 

And with the Chiefs and the 49ers still on the schedule... that puts us at 9-8 at best.    Playoffs hopes fading.

• Sick 1

Just now, TT-SEA said:

Mark my words... this game is a loss. 

And with the Chiefs and the 49ers still on the schedule... that puts us at 9-8 at best.    Playoffs hopes fading.

No way we lose this one!! I know I said it last game but the Raiders are a healthy team with a lot of weapons.  We will get a couple turnovers and pull this one out.

2 minutes ago, Terreboner said:

No way we lose this one!! I know I said it last game but the Raiders are a healthy team with a lot of weapons.  We will get a couple turnovers and pull this one out.

We are going to lost this game... defense is total crap.   Simple as that.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Terreboner said:

50 bucks the Hawks win.  Paypal or Zelle.

I hate to bet against the Seahawks... I don't want to cheer for the Rams.   😀

There is nothing I hate more than getting a big stop and 1 second later seeing the yellow flag coming flying in.    If I am going to scream at my TV... that is the when I would do it.    

2 minutes ago, MossMan said:

Hey my post worked! 

No idea what happened.   I have gotten to the point where I put on another game when the Seahawks defense is out there.   Can't watch it.   😀

2 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

And this drive is over.  

Yep and Wagner is going to have the best game he will ever have as a Ram. 

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth!