West Coast Sports Talk and Other Banter

23 hours ago, Front Ranger said:

Yeah, no doubt it hurts any QB to an extent. Peyton Manning was one of the few who could didn't need a good line to really excel.

But Brady needs a good line more than ever. He hasn't always had good o-lines, but he's never looked as bad as he did most of this season.

Brady, and Rodgers should just hang it up. Possibly Wilson as well if he doesn’t improve next season. 

• Storm 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

6 minutes ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

Looks like they want no one hurt for the Super Bowl 

No one playing in the Super Bowl plays in the Pro Bowl.

• Like 3

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

1 hour ago, Gradient Keeper said:

28-0.... Incredible 2nd half comeback on the way eclipsing the previous 27-0 feat from the Jaguars. 35-34 Giants. BOOK IT!

Hope you are better at forecasting weather... because this was a massive bust.

• Storm 2

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

3 minutes ago, T-Town said:

Cincinnati looked good today. Their defense throttled the Bills. I’m going Bengals-Niners in the Super Bowl. 

Especially with mahomes not being mobile I could see the chiefs having a tough time next week. If the 9ers play next week against that’s going to be a tough one against Philadelphia. Both games are going to be tough I expect both games to be more competitive than what we’ve seen so far this weekend. 

• Like 1

Could be the only close game of the weekend. That Dallas kicker is finished after today, and it looks like Purdy is actually human and a rookie. 

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

13 minutes ago, MossMan said:

Could be the only close game of the weekend. That Dallas kicker is finished after today, and it looks like Purdy is actually human and a rookie. 

The Seahawks are arguably the best team Purdy has played before today so this may be a reality check. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TacomaWx said:

The kicker situation has really cost Dallas. Lost 1 point on the extra point attempt…and they likely would’ve kicked the FG a bit ago instead of going for it on 4th down a bit ago. Could easily be a 10-6 game. Shows how valuable a reliable kicker is. 

I was thinking they were heading in for a TD after going for it on 4th and 4... and then would have gone for 2 and possibly get back even.   And was also thinking the bad kicker might be helping them by getting 7 instead of 3 there.    But then Dak throws an interception.  😀

18 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

I was thinking they were heading in for a TD after going for it on 4th and 4... and then would have gone for 2 and possibly get back even.   And was also thinking the bad kicker might be helping them by getting 7 instead of 3 there.    But then Dak throws an interception.  😀

Overall this is a much better game than any other this weekend. Jags chiefs was atleast slightly competitive but no really good ones this weekend until now. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, hawkstwelve said:

This thing is over. Hopefully Eagles win. And Chiefs.

Eagles/Bengals! Though I think the Seahawks are better off with the 9ers winning it all. 

So…Do we pay Geno or move on and build an epic defense, fill a few gaps on offense, and see what Lock can do? Or find another Purdy late in the draft? 

36 minutes ago, MossMan said:

So…Do we pay Geno or move on and build an epic defense, fill a few gaps on offense, and see what Lock can do? Or find another Purdy late in the draft? 

Keep Geno... draft a young QB... and spend the rest on improving the defense.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Keep Geno... draft a young QB... and spend the rest on improving the defense.  

According to Brock and Salk it sounds like there are rumblings that perhaps Seattle presented an offer to Geno that he laughed at…Will be interesting to see how this unfolds. 

18 hours ago, MossMan said:

Eagles/Bengals! Though I think the Seahawks are better off with the 9ers winning it all. 

I'm rooting for 9ers/Bengals. Bengals have never won a super bowl, and though I hate the 9ers as a general rule, Mr. Irrelevant leading a team to the Super Bowl would be a story for the ages.

But I'd be fine with Eagles/Bengals, too. Part of me doesn't want Mahomes back in it just because I know the NFL wants it so bad and every announcer worships his jock strap.

• Like 1

A forum for the end of the world.

5 hours ago, MossMan said:

Sign Geno to a three year deal. Draft edge rushers and O linemen. Resign Bobby Wagner, he’s clearly not done. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

No Monday Night Football tonight.

Mr Marine Layer is the only person that is happy about that. 

• Excited 1