Coming Economic/Markets Crash

Front Ranger

4 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Look at all these 1% type progressives yucking it up in here. 

By sheer luck and loyalty, yes. She 20x her money by holding nvda. How much money would you have if you 20x your retirement in 9 years?  

And I don't think 3M is even the 1%.  As I said, she made no more than 35k a year (I did her taxes), got laid off because she was in a going-nowhere industry (newspaper), took care of my dying Gpa, Gma, mom (sister), and severely unmedicated OCD aunt (ultimately died in a fire due to her hoarding).

She deserves every penny of it.  Can't say the same for everyone who has money. 

So piss off.

46 minutes ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

By sheer luck and loyalty, yes. She 20x her money by holding nvda. How much money would you have if you 20x your retirement in 9 years?  

And I don't think 3M is even the 1%.  As I said, she made no more than 35k a year (I did her taxes), got laid off because she was in a going-nowhere industry (newspaper), took care of my dying Gpa, Gma, mom (sister), and severely unmedicated OCD aunt (ultimately died in a fire due to her hoarding).

So piss off.

Could have just typed the last two words and saved yourself the time.  Jealous troll is jealous.

I read some articles today that were looking further ahead on the downturn which they think could be significant.  

Timeline was late ‘26/ ‘27.  Quite possible.  Could be a likened to the big one Obama had to deal with.  Possibly worse.   
I know they’re seeing a large upturn in gold at that time too.  The waves are coming together.  

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

6 hours ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

So piss off.

🤣

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

Just now, Deweydog said:

This would be something if the fundamentals of a modern economy were present back then.  

We had record high supply just a few years ago, this shows the reckless spending of the consumers.

Never say Never with Weather, because anything is possible!

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted

7 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

We had record high supply just a few years ago, this shows the reckless spending of the consumers.

That is not in any way what is represented on this chart.

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

49 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

That is not in any way what is represented on this chart.

This means that something nasty is coming

We’re anticipating a recession no doubt.  The depth may depend on how the Fed reacts.  
Of course, I’ve never put a lot of in the Fed.  But you might take what preparations you need. I haven’t heard how supply chain will be affected but you can bet they won’t be extravagant.  

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

6 hours ago, Iceresistance said:

This means that something nasty is coming

Eh, recessions are a fact of life. Unfortunately, some will be hit harder than others but they’re a necessary evil. 

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Economists have been quite accurate with long range algorithms.   
Some short range analysts, by contrast, really stink.   Economies are quite cyclic and there are plenty of college course on the topic.  We’re due a dip. It’ll go back up.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok. Totally crazy.  
Cocoa futures just hit an all time high above $10,000/ton. 
Up 25% over the last couple months.  

Weather has affected the crop. El Niño created rains in Africa that formed a fungus on the crop.  

The Easter Bunny is officially p…. off!

1 hour ago, Andie said:

Ok. Totally crazy.  

Weather has affected the crop. El Niño created rains in Africa that formed a fungus on the crop.  

The inflation will likely increase as well

On 3/29/2024 at 6:51 AM, Andie said:

Ok. Totally crazy.  

No worries, most American chocolate is just sugar and oil anyway.  Our chocolate is absolute garbage.

European chocolate, on the other hand. 😱