The "Dewey's Second Chance" Post Tax-Day Scorchin' April Nicewave Contest! ~ Part Deux (y)

Jesse

I'm 1/64th Sioux Indian.

Several strongly-worded letters written and I'm still not getting any royalties for Dances With Wolves.

Time to go into lawyer mode.

Anyone can get lucky (me). We'll need to do more of these forecast contests to get through the summer doldrums.

The overall winner could have been reserved for people who forecasted for both locales.

I guess I can change it if it really is that important to everyone.

I guess to me it makes sense because that was the way we had been scoring it all along. Plus Phil and I had the three best numbers for our respective locations (23, 24 and 26) so it stands to reason that I win one and he wins two.

I guess to me it makes sense because that was the way we had been scoring it all along. Plus Phil and I had the three best numbers for our respective locations (23, 24 and 26) so it stands to reason that I win one and he wins two.

Agreed, honestly doesn't matter to me. Definitely looking forward to participating in more of these going forward.

I guess to me it makes sense because that was the way we had been scoring it all along. Plus Phil and I had the three best numbers for our respective locations (23, 24 and 26) so it stands

to reason that I win one and he wins two.

No, it's all good with me. Just throwing out options for future contests.

Law of averages.

I thought overall would be just for people who forecast both since there were PDX and SEA individual winners.

Not that it really matters of course, but regression to the mean gives a HUGE advantage to people who only forecast for one station the way you did it. They have half as many data points, so it's much easier to achieve extreme results (both good and bad.)

Anyway, this contest . . .  did not go well for me.  :lol:

We should definitely have more of these though. They are fun.

• Like 2

Everett Snowfall (510 feet elevation)

Snow since February 2019: 91"

2023-24: 6"

2022-23: 17.5"

2021-22: 17.75"

2020-21: 14.5”

2019-20: 10.5"

2018-19: 24.75"