2016 Fall Off Topic Thread AKA Football or Politics

MossMan

The meltdown in Hollywood continues. My wife and I turned on the Screen Actors Guild Awards and in less than 2 minutes one of the actors gave an anti Trump speech. Going to be a wild 4 years!

I think the Republicans will start turning on him as well. Its already happening.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Stop saying "freaking out". Its patronizing. If the constant barage of chidish tweets are disgraceful then it should be mentioned and discussed. Are we just supposed to ignore the paranoid tantrums of the president? Might be something important in there. :)

The inauguration photos were a valid and relatively unimportant story on the day after. Instead Trump decided to make it a much bigger story and put his deep paranoia and insecurities on display.

The Mexican government put that statement in... Trump left it out.

And then you have Bannon telling the press to keep its mouth shut.

All feels sort out of control.

The liberals are indeed freaking out. I've never seen anything like it. The immature ones are the people saying Trump needs to be assassinated, Trump is a Nazi, Bannon is an anti Semite, etc.

The reaction to a 90 day moratorium on immigration is ridiculous. He just wants to get a better system in place to screen the people coming in. Nothing at all unreasonable about that.

I honestly believe Trump has done nothing the Founding Fathers wouldn't have approved of, and in fact encouraged. They would be horrified by the step toward globalism this country has taken. They created the United States to be its own entity, not part of a world entity.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

You and the media will continue to be wrong. You make the mistake of believing everything you read. Do some research on your own.

You need to ask yourself how may of these demise of Trump predictions have been true so far. He has no chance of winning comes to mind as well as there is no way he will do the things he promised when he gets in office. It's pretty comical actually.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

I didn't pay much attention to politics in 2011, so I can't really refute what you're saying without trying to dig up a bunch of old stuff via Google. But I think if Obama really did place a similar ban on refugees, protests should have happened. But that doesn't change the fact that I'm glad they are happening today, and why should it? Better 1 out of 2 than 0 out of 2.

Obama did not place a ban on refugees. His administration simply didn't allow very many Syrians in until the past year. Syria is the primary source of refugees from the Middle East, due to their war.

Look, I think Trump is going too far. I think there needs to be more evidence that Syrian and other refugees are a real threat to allow in terrorists (or terrorist thinking), and that vetting methods actually need to be improved. 

But at the same time, there have been a lot of people responding like Trump has closed our borders and outlawed Muslims, which just isn't true.

A forum for the end of the world.

You and the media will continue to be wrong. You make the mistake of believing everything you read. Do some research on your own.You need to ask yourself how may of these demise of Trump predictions have been true so far. He has no chance of winning comes to mind as well as there is no way he will do the things he promised when he gets in office. It's pretty comical actually.

You cannot keep clinging to that story. Razor thin win in 3 states. Not some ongoing phenomenon where Trump is dazzling the world with his leadership. He got lucky... and has proven to be the immature dolt that everyone suspected.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

The liberals are indeed freaking out. I've never seen anything like it. The immature ones are the people saying Trump needs to be assassinated, Trump is a Nazi, Bannon is an anti Semite, etc.The reaction to a 90 day moratorium on immigration is ridiculous. He just wants to get a better system in place to screen the people coming in. Nothing at all unreasonable about that.I honestly believe Trump has done nothing the Founding Fathers wouldn't have approved of, and in fact encouraged. They would be horrified by the step toward globalism this country has taken. They created the United States to be its own entity, not part of a world entity.

Not one proposal from Trump is bad at face value.

Its the child and impetuous behavior that feels out of control.

Why is that hard to understand? The Republicans are going to turn on him as well. Not because of policies but because of horrible delivery.

Stop saying "freaking out". Its patronizing. If the constant barage of chidish tweets are disgraceful then it should be mentioned and discussed. Are we just supposed to ignore the paranoid tantrums of the president? Might be something important in there. :)

The inauguration photos were a valid and relatively unimportant story on the day after. Instead Trump decided to make it a much bigger story and put his deep paranoia and insecurities on display.

The Mexican government put that statement in... Trump left it out.

And then you have Bannon telling the press to keep its mouth shut.

All feels sort out of control.

When I say "freaking out", I'm not talking about you...I'm talking about many others that I either know personally or see on TV, social media, etc.

And where did I say we should ignore and not discuss Trump's tweets? I didn't, I just said I think some have overreacted to them. Calling them "paranoid tantrums" is highly subjective language.

All I'm saying is you can repeat ad nauseum such sentiments as "this all feels so out of control", but it's healthier to stick to the facts.

I'm not fan of this administration, but I'm also not a fan of mindless group think/paranoia and falling prey to inherent media bias.

I think his tweets are a big deal. they indicate that he speaks without thinking, which is a terrible quality for a president to have. 

I agree with this. But it doesn't mean I think this means he's going to run our country into the ground or start WWIII. If that were the case, he probably would have destroyed his business empire a long time ago.

Why is that hard to understand? The Republicans are going to turn on him as well. Not because of policies but because of horrible delivery.

Actually, it seems like the ones criticizing him now are doing it based on the policy itself.

A lot of us are thrilled by how bold he has been. Quite a change from the timid Republicans we've seen since Reagan.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

When I say "freaking out", I'm not talking about you...I'm talking about many others that I either know personally or see on TV, social media, etc.

And where did I say we should ignore and not discuss Trump's tweets? I didn't, I just said I think some have overreacted to them. Calling them "paranoid tantrums" is highly subjective language.

All I'm saying is you can repeat ad nauseum such sentiments as "this all feels so out of control", but it's healthier to stick to the facts.

I'm not fan of this administration, but I'm also not a fan of mindless group think/paranoia and falling prey to inherent media bias.

Read his Twitter page. There is no way to describe it objectively other than paranoid and childish.

A lot of us are thrilled by how bold he has been. Quite a change from the timid Republicans we've seen since Reagan.

That is just unintelligent. No other way to say it. It should not be thrilling to see the paranoia and insecurities of the president on display for the world pretty much every day.

The Republicans are starting to see this clearly.

There will always be a segment of the population that revels in his psychosis. Sort of scary.

The liberals are indeed freaking out. I've never seen anything like it. The immature ones are the people saying Trump needs to be assassinated, Trump is a Nazi, Bannon is an anti Semite, etc.

The reaction to a 90 day moratorium on immigration is ridiculous. He just wants to get a better system in place to screen the people coming in. Nothing at all unreasonable about that.

I honestly believe Trump has done nothing the Founding Fathers wouldn't have approved of, and in fact encouraged. They would be horrified by the step toward globalism this country has taken. They created the United States to be its own entity, not part of a world entity.

It's actually a 120 day moratorium, and it's on refugees - not all immigration. The 90 day ban is on any immigrants from Iraq, Syria, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, and Yemen - the main terrorist hotbeds.

Like I said, I think it's going too far. While I'm sure terrorists would love to get some plants in the U.S. through immigration, there seem to be easier ways for them to do so. I think Trump is trying to send a message that we're "getting serious" about protecting our country, fighting ISIS, etc, but going about it the wrong way.

Read his Twitter page. There is no way to describe it objectively other than paranoid and childish.

The ones about the NY Times that you already posted, sure.

There's also a link to this statement on Facebook tonight. Raving mad, no doubt about it.

Statement Regarding Recent Executive Order Concerning Extreme Vetting

“America is a proud nation of immigrants and we will continue to show compassion to those fleeing oppression, but we will do so while protecting our own citizens and border. America has always been the land of the free and home of the brave.

We will keep it free and keep it safe, as the media knows, but refuses to say. My policy is similar to what President Obama did in 2011 when he banned visas for refugees from Iraq for six months. The seven countries named in the Executive Order are the same countries previously identified by the Obama administration as sources of terror. To be clear, this is not a Muslim ban, as the media is falsely reporting.

This is not about religion - this is about terror and keeping our country safe. There are over 40 different countries worldwide that are majority Muslim that are not affected by this order. We will again be issuing visas to all countries once we are sure we have reviewed and implemented the most secure policies over the next 90 days.

I have tremendous feeling for the people involved in this horrific humanitarian crisis in Syria. My first priority will always be to protect and serve our country, but as President I will find ways to help all those who are suffering.”

There's also a link to this statement on Facebook tonight. Raving mad, no doubt about it.

“America is a proud nation of immigrants and we will continue to show compassion to those fleeing oppression, but we will do so while protecting our own citizens and border. America has always been the land of the free and home of the brave.

We will keep it free and keep it safe, as the media knows, but refuses to say. My policy is similar to what President Obama did in 2011 when he banned visas for refugees from Iraq for six months. The seven countries named in the Executive Order are the same countries previously identified by the Obama administration as sources of terror. To be clear, this is not a Muslim ban, as the media is falsely reporting.

This is not about religion - this is about terror and keeping our country safe. There are over 40 different countries worldwide that are majority Muslim that are not affected by this order. We will again be issuing visas to all countries once we are sure we have reviewed and implemented the most secure policies over the next 90 days.

I have tremendous feeling for the people involved in this horrific humanitarian crisis in Syria. My first priority will always be to protect and serve our country, but as President I will find ways to help all those who are suffering.”

That was written by someone other than Trump... and it is damage control. 

The tweets are the real Trump.   The interview with ABC this week was cringe-worthy.   

His staffers are trying desperately to clean up his messes... that much is obvious.    And several of them have directly said that its like trying to control a petulant child.   Thankfully there are some people in the White House who know how leadership should work.   Trump and Bannon are not among them.   :lol:

That was written by someone other than Trump... and it is damage control. 

The tweets are the real Trump.   The interview with ABC this week was cringe-worthy.   

His staffers are trying desperately to clean up his messes... that much is obvious.    And several of them have directly said that its like trying to control a petulant child.   Thankfully there are some people in the White House who know how leadership should work.   Trump and Bannon are not among them.   :lol:

Of course. If he allowed it to be posted on social media for him, that's a good step.

And the second and third paragraphs do contain some actual facts meaningful to this situation, which is nice.

Of course. If he allowed it to be posted on social media for him, that's a good step.

And the second and third paragraphs do contain some actual facts meaningful to this situation, which is nice.

Rudy Giuliani said last night that Trump came to him and said he wanted a Muslim ban... but wanted them to figure out a way to get it done that could be defended legally.  

Like I said... thankfully there are other people involved who understand diplomacy.

If Trump had his way then that post would have been the ranting of a mad man.   ;)   

No way to say this is unreasonable. The media blowing it all out of proportion is the cause of all the trouble as always with Trump.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

That is just unintelligent. No other way to say it. It should not be thrilling to see the paranoia and insecurities of the president on display for the world pretty much every day.

The Republicans are starting to see this clearly.

There will always be a segment of the population that revels in his psychosis. Sort of scary.

You're sounding kind of elitist here. Obviously some of us are just too stupid to see the light. :lol:

And just to clarify...the media says the Republicans are staring to see something clearly. You just hang on every word these liars come up with.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

You're sounding kind of elitist here. Obviously some of us are just too stupid to see the light. :lol:

And just to clarify...the media says the Republicans are staring to see something clearly. You just hang on every word these liars come up with.

I have been watching FOX news actually.   You need to keep up! 

Its not elitist to think the ramblings of Trump are paranoid and childish.    Anyone can see that.   You really have the blinders on... sort of silly but I guess we have seen that with many weather events over the years.   ;)

I had a small anecdotal sign of change yesterday... my brother-in-law who spent our entire vacation at the lake in MN this past summer screaming about the virtues of Trump sent me an IM on facebook and said that "Trump might just be batshit crazy".    My brother-in-law is proudly in the uneducated angry white male demographic.   He will tell you that within 5 minutes of meeting him.   I think the novelty of wild and crazy Trump might just be wearing off for him.  Gives me some hope.   :)

I have been watching FOX news actually.   You need to keep up! 

Its not elitist to think the ramblings of Trump are paranoid and childish.    Anyone can see that.   You really have the blinders on... sort of silly but I guess we have seen that with many weather events over the years.   ;)

I had a small anecdotal sign of change yesterday... my brother-in-law who spent our entire vacation at the lake in MN this past summer screaming about the virtues of Trump sent me an IM on facebook and said that "Trump might just be batshit crazy".    My brother-in-law is proudly in the uneducated angry white male demographic.   He will tell you that within 5 minutes of meeting him.   I think the novelty of wild and crazy Trump might just be wearing off for him.  Gives me some hope.   :)

There is tremendous dissatisfaction among Republicans with Trump; just watch Fox News agonize each day. Today Trump has gone after Graham and McCain again; 2 senators many Democrats would highly prefer over the current dangerous resident of the White House. 

Depends on your perspective.

Come on, you likely hesitate because there is no modern time president who stirred up hate like Trump. W Bush wasn't liked all that much but not because he was a sociopath. Trump has no real friends in DC and foolishly takes pride in that fact. Among some Republicans there is a deep hatred of America.  

Come on, you likely hesitate because there is no modern time president who stirred up hate like Trump. W Bush wasn't liked all that much but not because he was a sociopath. Trump has no real friends in DC and foolishly takes pride in that fact. Among some Republicans there is a deep hatred of America.  

Wow, this post is all over the place.

http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/shooting-at-a-quebec-city-mosque-multiple-dead-1.3262477

Violence goes both ways. Aside from new refugees or immigrants, there are a ton of Muslims who are US citizens. They deserve to be safe, but I believe that Trump's rhetoric (e.g. his mosque surveillance idea that he mentioned during his run) increases the chances of attacks like this happening in America.

http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/shooting-at-a-quebec-city-mosque-multiple-dead-1.3262477

Violence goes both ways. Aside from new refugees or immigrants, there are a ton of Muslims who are US citizens. They deserve to be safe, but I believe that Trump's rhetoric (e.g. his mosque surveillance idea that he mentioned during his run) increases the chances of attacks like this happening in America.

I can assure you that the media is waiting with bated breath for the first such occurrence they can pin on Trump.

:(

I can assure you that the media is waiting with bated breath for the first such occurrence they can pin on Trump.

Just like Trump's team highlighting a person killed by an illegal immigrant?    

I wonder how many American lives have been saved by illegal immigrants?    :)

Good and bad people all around.

Come on, you likely hesitate because there is no modern time president who stirred up hate like Trump. W Bush wasn't liked all that much but not because he was a sociopath. Trump has no real friends in DC and foolishly takes pride in that fact. Among some Republicans there is a deep hatred of America.

Good lord.

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Just like Trump's team highlighting a person killed by an illegal immigrant?

I wonder how many American lives have been saved by illegal immigrants? :)

Good and bad people all around.

Do you think an illegal immigrants with a violent criminal history should be treated the same as those who only violate the law on a purely statutory level?

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Do you think an illegal immigrants with violent criminal histories should be treated the same as those who only violate the law on a purely statutory level?

Violent criminals should be treated more harshly... illegal or otherwise.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m3yesvvYEvs

This should be a lot of fun to watch too. Bill Clinton with the same views on illegal immigrants as Trump and he gets a standing ovation.

Yup, I see the hypocrisy. Bill Clinton also was responsible for a bill that led to massively increased incarceration of black people. 

None of that makes me support Trump though.

There is tremendous dissatisfaction among Republicans with Trump; just watch Fox News agonize each day. Today Trump has gone after Graham and McCain again; 2 senators many Democrats would highly prefer over the current dangerous resident of the White House.

The neocons are the ones having problems with Trump. They always have. Doesn't worry me at all.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9