2016 Fall Off Topic Thread AKA Football or Politics

MossMan

Welll...it appears the liberals have launched their next attack point for Trump. Now they are comparing him to Nixon. It's really funny how these trial balloons show up and every network says almost exactly the same things. I've seen the Nixon comparison twice now. I wonder what they will try when this fails?

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

You are somehow worse for routinely calling him out on it.

I feel like he is making it his duty to balance me out in the world of weather and politics. I guess I should be flattered in some way.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

If you believe the Rasmussen poll all of the media hoopla over Trump has had no effect on his approval rating since he was inaugurated. He peaked at 58%, then dropped to 52%, and is now at 55%. As I've mentioned many times studies have proven this poll to be the most accurate. It certainly proved itself in the Presidential election. Anyone who was following Rasmussen wasn't too shocked Trump won.

Pretty obvious people are flipping the mainstream media the bird now.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Has anyone taken this quiz? Might be a good idea to share where we all really stand: https://www.politicalcompass.org/test

This is my result:

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww243/phillywillie/Mobile%20Uploads/779DA41E-7050-4BEE-B3F5-5366EEFEBAE2_zpsktziwjve.jpg

Has anyone taken this quiz? Might be a good idea to share where we all really stand: https://www.politicalcompass.org/test

This is my result:

Incredibly I ended up smack dab in the middle. :lol:

That's probably due to the fact I have strongly conflicting views in different areas.

• Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

I feel like he is making it his duty to balance me out in the world of weather and politics. I guess I should be flattered in some way.

Would hope to meet somewhere in the middle. I am not balancing out your alt-right crap with extreme left views. I just find Trump offensive as a person. You cannot really believe all the Limbaugh-type BS and Breitbart. But maybe you are just that fanatical.

Fantatical relgious beliefs and fantatical political beliefs are bad for the world.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Would hope to meet somewhere in the middle. I am not balancing out your alt-right crap with extreme left views. I just find Trump offensive as a person. You cannot really believe all the Limbaugh-type BS and Breitbart. But maybe you are just that fanatical.

Fantatical relgious beliefs and fantatical political beliefs are bad for the world.

Take the test. Would be funny if you were actually to the right of Jim. :lol:

• Like 1

It's an extremely well respected poll that's been around since 2001.

For reference:

https://www.politicalcompass.org

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww243/phillywillie/Mobile%20Uploads/83B96C10-AC20-45D3-ADE2-F4D7FD9BD012_zpsoxsxgzyp.png

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww243/phillywillie/Mobile%20Uploads/E213E458-07F9-4502-90A5-C53C2128F000_zps9i5tnchw.png

You are somehow worse for routinely calling him out on it. 

It's the way he does it.

And a lot of times Tim's not really calling him out for anything in particular, he's just making the same general inflammatory statements about Jim, which is needless and pointless.

A forum for the end of the world.

The primaries' versions of the candidates:

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww243/phillywillie/Mobile%20Uploads/C73A494A-8E16-443C-A97A-4CE60125687F_zps5a7i0vmi.png

For reference:

Obama on the right? I'm a bit suspicious on that one.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Obama on the right? I'm a bit suspicious on that one.

He was a free-trade corporatist with vehemently anti-immigrant policies and was also a strong advocate of the surveillance state.

That's pretty far right.

For reference:

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww243/phillywillie/Mobile%20Uploads/83B96C10-AC20-45D3-ADE2-F4D7FD9BD012_zpsoxsxgzyp.png

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww243/phillywillie/Mobile%20Uploads/E213E458-07F9-4502-90A5-C53C2128F000_zps9i5tnchw.png

The primaries' versions of the candidates:

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww243/phillywillie/Mobile%20Uploads/C73A494A-8E16-443C-A97A-4CE60125687F_zps5a7i0vmi.png

This is some creative interpreting of stances of candidates or it's truly a worthless test. I wouldn't expect even Sanders to end up in the left third of the chart(since it's america and not europe/latin america), but I kinda expect more politicians to end up closer to the bottom of the chart.

I am legitimately stunned at where I ended up. It might be because I consider that arts important. It could also be I have some rather authoritarian views that are offset by some very libertarian ones.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

This is some creative interpreting of stances of candidates or it's truly a worthless test. I wouldn't expect even Sanders to end up in the left third of the chart(since it's america and not europe/latin america), but I kinda expect more politicians to end up closer to the bottom of the chart.

To the contrary, I think the methodologies are brilliant and reflect truth as opposed to tribalistic party-line idealism:

https://www.politicalcompass.org/analysis2

I am legitimately stunned at where I ended up. It might be because I consider that arts important. It could also be I have some rather authoritarian views that are offset by some very libertarian ones.

Care to share?

I was -5.75 and -5.79. So at least I'm consistent I guess?  :P

• Like 1

Everett Snowfall (510 feet elevation)

Snow since February 2019: 91"

2023-24: 6"

2022-23: 17.5"

2021-22: 17.75"

2020-21: 14.5”

2019-20: 10.5"

2018-19: 24.75"

Sanders was clearly your man.

If Trump is acidic, Stein is equally alkaline. Agree with many of her positions but her kookiness was/is a preventative factor for me.

I'm not registered with a party so I didn't vote in the primaries, but was a Bernie supporter initially.

Well I took this test years ago and forgot what my score was, but decided to take it again. It definitely has some gems though, such as "Astrology accurately explains many things.". 

I don't think we can take it too seriously with stuff like that, I mean how does that make some one left, right, authoritarian or libertarian?

Anyway here are my results

E: -7.25 S: -5.28 

I think I was like -5/-9 years ago when I took this.

• Like 1

The funny thing is, I get in plenty of philosophical arguments with liberals too.

Liberals generally aren't nearly as misguided as conservatives, but are still plenty guilty of oversimplifying issues to the point of absurdity.

We live in a world of gray area, yet everybody wants to make it black and white.

• Like 1

Everett Snowfall (510 feet elevation)

Snow since February 2019: 91"

2023-24: 6"

2022-23: 17.5"

2021-22: 17.75"

2020-21: 14.5”

2019-20: 10.5"

2018-19: 24.75"

Well I took this test years ago and forgot what my score was, but decided to take it again. It definitely has some gems though, such as "Astrology accurately explains many things.". [/size]

I don't think we can take it too seriously with stuff like that, I mean how does that make some one left, right, authoritarian or libertarian?

Anyway here are my results

E: -7.25 S: -5.28 

I think I was like -5/-9 years ago when I took this.

That's sort of a weird question. Designed to guage some level of spirituality I suspect.

You just have to understand what the test conveys.

U.S. neo-conservatives, with their commitment to high military spending and the global assertion of national values, tend to be more authoritarian than hard right. By contrast, neo-liberals, opposed to such moral leadership and, more especially, the ensuing demands on the tax payer, belong to a further right but less authoritarian region. Paradoxically, the "free market", in neo-con parlance, also allows for the large-scale subsidy of the military-industrial complex, a considerable degree of corporate welfare, and protectionism when deemed in the national interest. These are viewed by neo-libs as impediments to the unfettered market forces that they champion.

Care to share?

I was -5.75 and -5.79. So at least I'm consistent I guess?  :P

I was dead in the center.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Sanders was clearly your man.

I would have taken him over Hillary.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Welll...it appears the liberals have launched their next attack point for Trump. Now they are comparing him to Nixon. It's really funny how these trial balloons show up and every network says almost exactly the same things. I've seen the Nixon comparison twice now. I wonder what they will try when this fails?

Yeah, I'm not sure why it's not enough to just lay out the threat he presents, and have that be enough.

That having been said, republicans have done the same thing, comparing a democrat they don't like to someone else. It's a pretty universal human thing to do.

I ended up almost in the middle... but there are many ways to get to that point as I can see after taking the quiz.

If you just answer 'agree' or 'disagree' for the most part and avoid the 'strongly' choice then you will tend to stay closer to the middle obviously.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

NYT is on a roll. First calling Melania a hooker. Now this.

I'm actually sad to see the Gray Lady sinking like this. I hope they can redeem themselves. I have been very supportive of newspapers and actually considered being a journalist at one time.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

hawkstwelve, on 18 Feb 2017 - 01:18 AM, said:

NYT is on a roll. First calling Melania a hooker. Now this.

New York Times is referred to as the "newspaper of record" and is second only to the Wall Street Journal as the largest newspaper in the nation.

What is frustrating to Trump and Republicans in general is that these newspapers are viewed as the voice of America. Trump complains about the largest newspapers and TV networks like CNN yet he reads/ watches these media voices very closely.  When Trump was a playboy/ socialite he loved all the attention from the media; now he gets racked over the coals daily and he cries foul like a spoiled brat. :lol:    

New York Times is referred to as the "newspaper of record" and is second only to the Wall Street Journal as the largest newspaper in the nation.

What is frustrating to Trump and Republicans in general is that these newspapers are viewed as the voice of America. Trump complains about the largest newspapers and TV networks like CNN yet he reads/ watches these media voices very closely.  When Trump was a playboy/ socialite he loved all the attention from the media; now he gets racked over the coals daily and he cries foul like a spoiled brat. :lol:    

It's because the mainstream media has an extreme anti Trump bias.  Polling data on the media shows the public agrees with that assertion.  You need to listen to three hours of Rush Limbaugh every day to balance it out.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

snow_wizard, on 18 Feb 2017 - 09:39 AM, said:

It's because the mainstream media has an extreme anti Trump bias.  Polling data on the media shows the public agrees with that assertion.  You need to listen to three hours of Rush Limbaugh every day to balance it out.

:lol:

I'm actually sad to see the Gray Lady sinking like this. I hope they can redeem themselves. I have been very supportive of newspapers and actually considered being a journalist at one time.

Well... it was a non-political reporter at a party in a private conversation that was tweeted out by someone. And he was reprimanded. And he might actually have said it in a sexually preverted way that had nothing to do with politics. But go ahead and believe they reported that she was a hooker in the paper to fit your angry narrative. :)

I think your coverage of the OKC bombing would have been a good read.

• Like 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.