February 23rd-25th Winter Storm Potential

Tom

Fat lady very warm here. Want to see gfs first as I never buy the nam until another model shows the same.

NAM is still catching up to other models in timing I think so w/e its showing is super duper who cares either way to me. Unless something crazy changes i don't see walking away tonight with something other than not too far off from 12z euro

Oh ya, and that is still the wild card to see where the storms tail end pivots...

Depending what shows up through tomorrow night I am gonna chase if somewhere within 2 hours of here still looks like they will get the goods...  MSP would be ideal.... well my backyard would be easier but i dont think that is in the cards

Weenie GFS defo get 11 inches in my backyard.  Total wildcard

Depending what shows up through tomorrow night I am gonna chase if somewhere within 2 hours of here still looks like they will get the goods...  MSP would be ideal.... well my backyard would be easier but i dont think that is in the cards

I bet Cantore shows up in MSP...go slap some high 5's with him and get lucky with some Thundersnow.  Looks like there will be some convection.

We've seen the models this winter show strong systems a week out only to be weaker when they roll in. But you have to start to wonder if they are really on to something with these totals. Models are jacking up the totals within 72 hours.

Trend is your friend and now all the models are seeing juice.  The last storm started fading around this time.

• Like 1

This one storm could bring many spots in MN that have had snow holes up to normal this season.  I think St Paul was in one of them on the north side.

I'm running about 12" below normal as of late last week. The last dirty snow pile fully melted on Sunday. Looks like there may be a few new piles by the weekend.