February 2018 Observations and Discussion

Tom

I remember during the time of the Noah's Ark all the people said, "the storm will not come"...but eventually it did.

The Two Greatest Warriors are Patience & Time...and I have plenty of both.

This is the same guy waiting for the blackshirt defense to coming walking into lincoln.  A much greater chance of a snow storm than that.

This is the same guy waiting for the blackshirt defense to coming walking into lincoln.  A much greater chance of a snow storm than that.

Just a serious question, why are you so sure that we will never be relevant again? I want your crystal ball.

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

I know quite a bit; but I'm not quite sure what that means...

The blackshirts is the nickname for the Husker defense. Basically, talented players on the defense would earn a black practice jersey. Nowadays, the standards have lowered to now every starter gets a blackshirt. Kinda sad, I feel like it should be harder to get one.

• Like 1

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

The blackshirts is the nickname for the Husker defense. Basically, talented players on the defense would earn a black practice jersey. Nowadays, the standards have lowered to now every starter gets a blackshirt. Kinda sad, I feel like it should be harder to get one.

So its a football thing!

• Like 1

Im not.... Whats your definition of relevant?  My crystal ball says they will eventually compete in the big ten west.  Thats not saying much though.

Well that's how it comes across lol. I just simply don't see how it's unreasonable to think that Frost COULD take us back to the top. If anyone is gonna do it it's him. Look what he did to UCF.

Well that's how it comes across lol. I just simply don't see how it's unreasonable to think that Frost COULD take us back to the top. If anyone is gonna do it it's him. Look what he did to UCF.

Back to the top.  Of the national stage?  No.  Is PJ fleck going to take minnesota to the top?  He did the same thing at Minnesota.  Dont think so.

They could win the west every once in a while

Back to the top.  Of the national stage?  No.  Is PJ fleck going to take minnesota to the top?  He did the same thing at Minnesota.  Dont think so.

They could win the west every once in a while

He literally hasn't coached a single game for us yet. How are you so sure he will be another Bo Pelini for us? I'm not sure he will bring us to the top, but the potential for him to is by far greater than any coach we have had since Osborne.

He literally hasn't coached a single game for us yet. How are you so sure he will be another Bo Pelini for us? I'm not sure he will bring us to the top, but the potential for him to is by far greater than any coach we have had since Osborne.

The landscape of college football has changed significantly since the Osborne days.  Getting players to Lincoln Nebraksa to run frosts offense isn't the same as recruiting kids to run the triple option.  Same thing with the defensive side of the ball.  Nebraska isnt a legacy school.  Luckily for them all of those are in the big ten east.

The landscape of college football has changed significantly since the Osborne days.  Getting players to Lincoln Nebraksa to run frosts offense isn't the same as recruiting kids to run the triple option.  Same thing with the defensive side of the ball.  Nebraska isnt a legacy school.  Luckily for them all of those are in the big ten east.

Osborne never had outstanding recruiting classes. What he did was make great players. And I believe Frost does the same. You can have a 25th-ranked recruit class and make them the best team on the planet. You can also take a 1st-ranked recruit class and make them unranked.

Osborne never had outstanding recruiting classes. What he did was make great players. And I believe Frost does the same. You can have a 25th-ranked recruit class and make them the best team on the planet. You can also take a 1st-ranked recruit class and make them unranked.

Agree to disagree.  Osborne offense for sure could get away with it.  With the way the game is played today year in year out you will struggle to be on top without top classes.

• Like 1

Are you all players on the Nebraska football team?  Or do you just follow it as fans?

I assume the LnkWeather is a player because he wrote: "He literally hasn't coached a single game for us yet."...which would clearly imply that he is member of the team.

• Like 1

Are you all players on the Nebraska football team? Or do you just follow it as fans?

I assume the LnkWeather is a player because he wrote: "He literally hasn't coached a single game for us yet."...which would clearly imply that he is member of the team.

I wish I was a player!

I am Hungarian

Liszt is  the pianist of the 19th century...and really for all eternity.  This was used as background music for a GE commercial back in 1992 after the Iron Curtain fell and liberty had been greatly expanded in Budapest.  An elderly woman euphorically exclaimed "I feel young again" at a magnificently lit Széchenyi Lánchíd  at commercial's denouement...that was an unforgettable and magical moment:  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goeOUTRy2es

Don't let Snowlover76 fool you!  There are storms; they are just in hiding; awaiting their moment of revealing!

I think a storm is gathering...it is brewing...but we shall not name it; nay we shall not even speak of it; lest we cause it to fizzle...henceforth it shall be known unto us as The Secret Storm!

• Like 1

German ICON with a beautiful ********* for western & central Nebraska; all of Kansas...and even where I am at for this coming weekend.

*SEE...I did not mention what it actually is!

I am soooooooooooo prescient!

Edit:  Some support for this with the 0z GFS; a bit further north; and a bit slower with the energy.