June Weather in the Pacific Northwest

Geos

Its both January and June perfection! Wish we could have the same weather every day all year long.

This region would be so crowded though. Everyone loves 45-degree drizzle all summer... that is why Baffin Island is so popular of course.

There is no true yin to this yang.

Too bad you can't take the same detached enjoyment in your own. There have been times nearly the whole forum has been pointing them out to you in unison, yet you still refused to acknowledge them. Pretty strange/entertaining. :)

As long as everyone's having a good time!

A forum for the end of the world.

Its both January and June perfection! Wish we could have the same weather every day all year long.

This region would be so crowded though. Everyone loves 45-degree drizzle all summer... that is why Baffin Island is so popular of course.

You mean Hippa Island? Baffin Island rarely gets that warm..it’s just a bunch of glaciers and tiny villages sitting underneath a semi-permanent vortex of icy death.

Jesse’s dreamworld.

Clyde River on Baffin Island would be a dream climate for some here... bitter cold and darkness all winter and lots of 45-degree drizzle all summer.    

Untitled.png

And of course a place with such lovely summers is going to be very crowded.  :)

1280px-Clyde_River_2.jpg

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Clyde River on Baffin Island would be a dream climate for some here... bitter cold and darkness all winter and lots of 45-degree drizzle all summer.

Untitled.png

And of course a place with such lovely summers is going to be very crowded. :)

1280px-Clyde_River_2.jpg

Lol, and Clyde River isn’t even the coldest location on the Island (yep, I’ve scoured the place).

00Z ECMWF is not as wet as its 12Z run.   

Much more showery on Saturday rather than the widespread rain shown on the 12Z run.    And less showery on Sunday.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

00Z ECMWF is not as wet as its 12Z run.   

Much more showery on Saturday rather than the widespread rain shown on the 12Z run.    And less showery on Sunday.

That is pretty awful news. I figured the way you were making such a big stink about the GFS the Euro would trend your way.

I love how being ok with some warm season rain in a mid-latitude temperate rainforest climate suddenly turns to wanting to live on a barren, glacier covered island. :lol:

You know you’d love it there. ;)

At least half of their glaciers are expanding, and many of them run right down to sea level! #heaven

Lol, and Clyde River isn’t even the coldest location on the Island (yes, I’ve researched itl).

It has dream summers though!    

I did not check... but I bet its population is more than all of the southern and eastern US combined.     

Thought I would pop on here and mention the temp is already down to 42, probably going to be in the upper 30s by morning. 

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

That is pretty awful news. I figured the way you were making such a big stink about the GFS the Euro would trend your way.

Not really trending my way exactly... still showery and cool all weekend.

If I have to donate a precious summer weekend... I hope everywhere gets completely soaked so we have something to show for it.   

And likewise, Tim should move to Death Valley or Dubai.

Both climates are something out of his wildest fantasies.

Not really trending my way exactly... still showery and cool all weekend.

If I have to donate a precious summer weekend... I hope everywhere gets completely doused.  

How are totals for Portland looking versus the 12Z?

How are totals for Portland looking versus the 12Z?

Less... but still pretty good.  

About 1.1 inches on 12Z run and .80 inches on 00Z run.     Must be a PDX favorable showery pattern.  

Less... but still pretty good.  

About 1.1 inches on 12Z run and .80 inches on 00Z run.     Must be a PDX favorable showery pattern.  

Ugh...

Lots of time for things to go either way still....but that trainwreck that was the month of May has robbed me of the ability to hope.

Dewey is riding high up in the thermosphere, while Flatiron is stuck in the lower stratosphere. Doubtful he ever catches up.

• Like 1

Ugh...

Lots of time for things to go either way still....but that trainwreck that was the month of May has robbed me of the ability to hope.

I am still recovering from April myself.     

I am still recovering from April myself.     

The last 1/3 of April was warm and sunny with a record setting heat event.

If 1/3 of May had been cool and wet with a record setting cold event I would have been a pretty happy camper. Literally!

April gave you precious ammo that you've milked for all it's worth. :)

The second half of January and first half of February were a complete trainwreck as well.

The second half of January and first half of February were a complete trainwreck as well.

Without those 2 weeks in April, the Feb-May period would have been D**n dry.

Either way, one of the driest Mays ever for the region...the latest in a long series of record dry periods in recent years. They just keep coming.

A forum for the end of the world.

I've had about 0.50" of rain the past 7 weeks. We are becoming more Mediterranean by the week.

Mediterranean is nice. :)

Without those 2 weeks in April, the Feb-May period would have been d**n dry.

Either way, one of the driest Mays ever for the region...the latest in a long series of record dry periods in recent years. They just keep coming.

So do the ridiculously wet years!