June Weather in the Pacific Northwest

Geos

Starts raining on Friday evening and ends on Monday morning... worst possible timing for a system that I hope works out.     And then I hope its done and summer returns.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Starts raining on Friday evening and ends on Monday morning... worst possible timing for a system that I hope works out. And then I hope its done and summer returns.

At least you won’t be out camping in it. I have to go this weekend since it’s part of my research project.

I don’t care though. I hope it pours. :lol:

No real point in heading east on Saturday. Need a plane to get away from this system.

Indoor painting and movie day!

gfs_mslp_pcpn_us_20.png

Wtf? Get outside and enjoy it!

At least that’s what I’d do.

• Like 1

Wtf? Get outside and enjoy it!

At least that’s what I’d do.

Nah... nothing interesting about being wet and cold.   That is the normal here for most of the year.   Precious few weeks (and weekends) to enjoy something different at this time of year.   

I figure we have another 4-6 week of summer run before the bottom falls out in August.    Then I can spend the next 40 weekends in a row out in the yard being freezing cold and wet!  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Nah... nothing interesting about being wet and cold. That is the normal here for most of the year. Precious few weeks (and weekends) to enjoy something different at this time of year.

I figure we have another 4-6 week of summer run before the bottom falls out in August. Then I can spend the next 40 weekends in a row out in the yard being freezing cold and wet!

Could get lucky and get diagnosed with an aggressive cancer before August. Might make the following 40 weekends a little more enjoyable.

• Like 2

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

That is one 6-hour period from 5 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Saturday... not saying it will not be a wet weekend but that is not an entire weekend. ;)

But if this one timeframes produced enough rain to constitute an "above average wet June" we would never hear the end of it from you.... I digress

In a couple of weeks the days will be getting shorter, a few weeks after lots of booms and brush fires, a few weeks after that Seahawks first pre season game, a few weeks after that leaves changing color and falling a bit due heat stress or days getting shorter, whatever, a few weeks after that Seahawks regular season starts, a few weeks after that boat and jetski get winterized, a few weeks after that...rain.

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

In a couple of weeks the days will be getting shorter, a few weeks after lots of booms and brush fires, a few weeks after that Seahawks first pre season game, a few weeks after that leaves changing color and falling a bit due heat stress or days getting shorter, whatever, a few weeks after that Seahawks regular season starts, a few weeks after that boat and jetski get winterized, a few weeks after that...rain.

I'm going to Seahawks vs. Broncos in Denver 9/9. Stoked for that.

• Like 1

A forum for the end of the world.

Being outside in the rain is yucky! I hate the sensation of it, so I stay indoors!

It is unpleasant. Its anti-summer to have rain and cold all weekend. That is fall, winter, and spring.

It is unpleasant. Its anti-summer to have rain and cold all weekend. That is fall, winter, and spring.

I disagree, and would argue that it’s actually very pleasant and pro-summer. There’s literally nothing more enjoyable, (weather wise) during the summer than cool, 60 degree mist.

You should appreciate it more.

I agree, especially since we've never during the period of record experienced a pleasant weekend during fall, winter or fall. Lewis and Clark journaled about one in early October 1806 but take that with a grain of salt. They were rapists.

• Like 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

I disagree, and would argue that it’s actually very pleasant and pro-summer. There’s literally nothing more enjoyable, (weather wise) during the summer than cool, 60 degree mist.

You should appreciate it more.

Sure Phil.

Rain is pure evil and the epitome of everything that is wrong with the world. The world would be better off if it never rained again.

- Tim

• Like 1

You take a much harder line on rain than anyone here does on sun and warmth. There are lots of things I like about sun and warmth. You never have anything nice to say about rain.

You never say anything nice about and sun and warmth. Rain is too easy here. Almost to peak daylight and it will be in the 50s and raining all weekend here. We can do that in the dark of December with ease.

I would love some humid downpours followed by sunshine.. that at least feels like summer to me. :)

I just have an umbrella surgically attached to my person all year because sun is cancer and rain is icky.

Good thinking!

You never say anything nice about and sun and warmth. Rain is too easy here. Almost to peak daylight and it will be in the 50s and raining all weekend here. We can do that in the dark of December with ease.

I would love some humid downpours followed by sunshine.. that at least feels like summer to me. :)

Not true. Jesse has expressed enjoyment of a sunny day multiple times on here. 

But Dewey is right, you both go overboard in the opposite direction. One port, one starboard.

A forum for the end of the world.

I will say warm and sunny days are nice pretty frequently. I post hiking and outdoor pictures from warm and sunny days.

But Dewey is right, you both go overboard in the opposite direction. One port, one starboard.

He said sun AND warmth.    ;)

And you are perfectly in the center with Dewey, right?

I can see and enjoy both of your absurdities. Doesn't take Dewey's view from the nose bleeds.

Too bad you can't take the same detached enjoyment in your own. There have been times nearly the whole forum has been pointing them out to you in unison, yet you still refused to acknowledge them. Pretty strange/entertaining. :)

• Like 1

Didn't you say that you recorded a high in the 40s during the June 2008 trough? Complete and utter summer perfection, hope we get lucky enough to have a repeat this year.

Didn't you say that you recorded a high in the 40s during the June 2008 trough? Complete and utter summer perfection, hope we get lucky enough to have a repeat this year.

That was an awesome event. It snowed in Pullman.

• Like 1

Its both January and June perfection!     Wish we could have the same weather every day all year long.   

This region would be so crowded though.   Everyone loves 45-degree drizzle all summer... that is why Baffin Island is so popular of course.