Polite Politics

Rubus Leucodermis

On 4/2/2024 at 5:38 PM, hawkstwelve said:

Did he prioritize it?

Didn't he go to Easter mass? Did Trump go to Easter mass? Look, I'm not a Biden fan in the slightest, but on the one hand you have a president attending Easter mass and on the other hand you have a former president marketing his $60 bibles. You tell me who is prioritizing what.

The 'proclamation' Biden did was horrible timing, yes. Typical screwup from his White House comms office. But it is incredibly dishonest to frame this as him trying to "erase Easter" or "replace God with trans", which I saw all over Fox News and from Republican congressmen. It's such a naked ploy to just gin up anger with the base, especially when it's something that can be disproven with just 30 seconds of research. Unfortunately, taking that amount of time to check things out is just asking too much from some Americans these days. They'd rather spend their time in a perpetual outrage at the other side. So stupid.

It's outrageous either way. Some things are worth being outraged over. The left's war on working people, families, people of faith, and any vestige of a national identity is worthy of daily outrage. Biden's maniacal hate for average Americans drips from every disgusting and decaying orifice of his body and oozes forth from his satanic soul.  

• Like 1
  • Troll 3

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

I’m curious.  What is it about this Biden?   I knew a Biden that was far more moderate in his policies.  More purple than blue.  
He reached over the aisle in decades past. I’ve watched a lot of politics unfold and his career takes the cake.  He was a legislator, not a leader.  
This guy was never Presidential timber. I want to know who’s writing the script.  

• Weenie 1

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

7 hours ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

You have really lost your way. You are making excuses for the person who stood up and made a Trans Day of Visibility proclamation. As if it wasn't an intentional attack on Christianity. Many believe it was an opening salvo in a wider campaign against our nations FAITH. 

Hello pot, meet kettle.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

Pretty much.

Why try to survive a society that thinks nuclear war is a viable option?  If you survive the fallout, the ensuing social chaos will make the survivors wish they poured a tall one 🤯

I grew up with war games, bombers, General Dynamic testing engines.   Is it any wonder I went into an engineering field?  

I still have weekend warriors rattle my dishes now that I’m just 5 mi SSW of the end of the NAS runway.  
So, if we have a big one on the way I’ll pour my favorite adult beverage and wave him in.  🏁

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

3 hours ago, hawkstwelve said:

Hello pot, meet kettle.

That’s all you’ve got?

Edited by SilverFallsAndrew

6 minutes ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

It's not particularly fun for most people to respond to unhinged people like yourself.

He can’t respond because he stands for trans rights and hates this nation, our heritage, and the Christian faith. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

He can’t respond because he stands for trans rights and hates this nation, our heritage, and the Christian faith. 

Watch it, dude.

If you continue to do nothing but troll people in this thread, I will straight up ban you. Maybe from the forum altogether, as from what I have seen in the PNW thread recently, you like stirring the pot there too. Just about had enough. 

• Like 3
  • Popcorn 1

16 hours ago, Iceresistance said:

Of course the government is trying to censor them
Fox News rejects White House demands to retract Easter egg stories (msn.com)

Probably because it is a straight up bullsh*t story to pander to people like you and Andrew.  This policy has been in place for DECADES.  But hey, any little thing to stir the conservative pot and keep your panties in a bunch.

30 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

I struggle more than most in reading a writer's true intentions on social media, and I have struggled to figure out if you are a hard core troll or really believe everything you are saying.

I now realize you have gone full potato.

• Popcorn 1

10 minutes ago, Anti Marine Layer said:

It's going to get to the point where chronic apathy would be everywhere, and a population crisis comes.

Also, the Gender Transition surgeries will become a profit-making one. They will make minors do it out of profit, it's child exploitation.

Never say Never with Weather, because anything is possible!

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted

13 minutes ago, Anti Marine Layer said:

Someone who gets it. 

3 minutes ago, hawkstwelve said:

A kind of long but interesting read that discusses the problem with the 'white rural rage' myth that some Democrats are adopting in regards to rural America. 

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2024/04/05/white-rural-rage-myth-00150395

They are trying to paint the majority as just the aggressors and minority groups as victims.

But in reality, it's both. Discrimination and prejudice against each other just to gain power. Elites are exploiting the rest of us, and the majority of the elites are minority groups.

30 minutes ago, hawkstwelve said:

A kind of long but interesting read that discusses the problem with the 'white rural rage' myth that some Democrats are adopting in regards to rural America. 

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2024/04/05/white-rural-rage-myth-00150395

Great read.

If I could sum up the issue that I see with one sentence, it would be this:  Rural America is tired of having their work taken for granted by an ever increasingly technologically dominant, socially ignorant, and nature deprived society.

All that tech is great for many kinds of  productivity, but it does not put food on the table.

Democrats have lost the ability to speak to rural people because they have taken them for granted for so long as easy votes even though their policies do more to help them than Republicans.  That and some of their other policies are total turn-offs to most rural voters.  They cannot seem to understand that... or they do not care anymore.

Republicans like Trump know how to speak to rural people but wouldn't put one out with a bucket of water if they were on fire.

Modern politics is run by money and talking points designed to inflame.  Unfortunately rural America does not have a lot of money compared to wealthy urban donors.  The talking points are definitely working to turn Americans against each other.

If I was living in a rural area, I'd be angry.  America has left an essential demographic behind.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

Great read.

If I could sum up the issue that I see with one sentence, it would be this:  Rural America is tired of having their work taken for granted by an ever increasingly technologically dominant and nature deprived society.

All that tech is great for many kinds of  productivity, but it does not put food on the table.

Democrats have lost the ability to speak to rural people because they have taken them for granted for so long as easy votes even though their policies do more to help them than Republicans.  That and some of their other policies are total turn-offs to most rural voters.  They cannot seem to understand that... or they do not care anymore.

Republicans like Trump know how to speak to rural people but wouldn't put one out with a bucket of water if they were on fire.

Modern politics is run by money and talking points designed to inflame.  Unfortunately rural America does not have a lot of money compared to wealthy urban donors.  The talking points are definitely working to turn Americans against each other.

If I was living in a rural area, I'd be angry.  America has left an essential demographic behind.

Also factor elitist groups

Just now, roadtonowhere08 said:

That's a money issue and not politics issue.  The elites on both sides look down on rural people.

It can have a political factor since it seems like money can buy their way into almost anything

There are more Democrat elites than Republican elites (unless I am missing something)

In the Halls of Government one cannot separate Power and Money.  
They always reek of each other. 😷

(This topic is all over the map so I’ll post  it here)
China is buil
ding a very large bridge in Central America to facilitate migrants. 
It can’t be just about migrants.  Bridge can facilitate commercial transport, anything heavy, as well as military machinery. Why is China building it?  

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13276115/Is-China-building-bridge-Central-America-fuel-migrant-crisis.html

3 hours ago, Andie said:

China is buil
It can’t be just about migrants.  Bridge can facilitate commercial transport, anything heavy, as well as military machinery. Why is China building it?  

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13276115/Is-China-building-bridge-Central-America-fuel-migrant-crisis.html

This is clearly for the ultramarathoners who have been complaining for decades that they cannot complete their Utqiagvik to Ushuaia course without significant difficulty and cost due to that d*mn Darién Gap.

• lol 1

9 hours ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

Great read.

If I could sum up the issue that I see with one sentence, it would be this:  Rural America is tired of having their work taken for granted by an ever increasingly technologically dominant, socially ignorant, and nature deprived society.

Rural America is vastly over-represented in our government.  If their representatives are failing them, then they should change their vote.  They have a tremendous amount of electoral power.

And this is very important to remember:

I sympathize with the idea that, as Schaller and Waldman and many other commentators have pointed out, in terms of policies, Democrats arguably do more for rural areas and rural residents than Republicans do. After Democrats passed Obamacare, rural residents stood to gain the most in states that expanded Medicaid, but two-thirds of uninsured rural residents missed out because they lived in states that refused to expand coverage — and those states were almost exclusively governed by Republicans. Paul Krugman is often quick to point out that “ because rural America is poorer than urban America, it pays much less per person in federal taxes, so in practice major metropolitan areas hugely subsidize the countryside.” And it is true that the Biden administration is currently overseeing billions in new federal spending that is disproportionately going to rural communities across America.

So ya - it's a failure of politics by the Democrats, not policy.  Which is disappointing but nothing new.  Dems are terrible at the politics.

On 4/4/2024 at 3:32 PM, Iceresistance said:

Huge mistake to let Ukraine into NATO right now.

Now isn't the time, when Russia is out, they can do it without activating Article 5.

Is any reputable source (note: Shapiro is not a reputable source) reporting that Ukraine will be admitted to NATO soon?

• Like 1
It's called clown range for a reason.

44 minutes ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

Rural America is vastly over-represented in our government.  If their representatives are failing them, then they should change their vote.  They have a tremendous amount of electoral power.

Easier said than done.  Though I agree that the rural areas have a disproportionate amount of power per person, changing one's vote to better suit their needs despite only having two real choices also applies to all citizens and leaves the omnipresent question: Which person who really does not care about you or your needs are you voting for?

In the end, money buys votes and favors.  Get the money out, and people will be better represented.  It'll never happen, but it's a nice thought.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Andie said:

China is buil

I’ll follow up with this.  
Not interested in a full throated debate. Just observing China spreading their own form of chaos and “influence”.
China is certainly spreading its influence across the globe.  

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2024/apr/4/chinese-weapons-found-gaza-report-claims/?utm_source=wnd&utm_medium=wnd&utm_campaign=syndicated

Spread the wealth Baby. Spread the wealth. 

23 hours ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

Easier said than done.  Though I agree that the rural areas have a disproportionate amount of power per person, changing one's vote to better suit their needs despite only having two real choices also applies to all citizens and leaves the omnipresent question: Which person who really does not care about you or your needs are you voting for?

In the end, money buys votes and favors.  Get the money out, and people will be better represented.  It'll never happen, but it's a nice thought.

Group think pervades in urban areas. It’s in all of our interests to dilute their influence. 

On 4/6/2024 at 8:15 PM, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Group think pervades in urban areas. It’s in all of our interests to dilute their influence. 

And Russian-think pervades in your domain.  Almost sounds word-for-word of something you  puppeted from the bowels of the internet.

https://wapo.st/3PSCYuQ

One of the political strategists, for instance, instructed a troll farm employee working for his firm to write a comment of “no more than 200 characters in the name of a resident of a suburb of a major city.” The strategist suggested that this fictitious American “doesn’t support the military aid that the U.S. is giving Ukraine and considers that the money should be spent defending America’s borders and not Ukraine’s. He sees that Biden’s policies are leading the U.S. toward collapse.”

George Soros is buying US radio stations.  Now the left can be at your fingertips on the road.  

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2024/feb/14/george-soros-scoops-220-us-radio-stations-ahead-20/

• Popcorn 1

33 minutes ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

Liberals listen to the radio?

😄  I didn’t think they listened to anyone.  

12 hours ago, Andie said:

George Soros is buying US radio stations.  Now the left can be at your fingertips on the road.  

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2024/feb/14/george-soros-scoops-220-us-radio-stations-ahead-20/

Why do I feel like that this is going to become a political monopoly?

Interesting factoid: 
In FY 2023, CBP, 
including Air and Marine Operations, seized 27,293 pounds of fentanyl, coming across the southwest border – enough to kill more than 6 billion people – almost the entire population of the earth.

Just one good reason to control the border.  

6 hours ago, Iceresistance said:

Why do I feel like that this is going to become a political monopoly?

Not so much a monopoly as a heavily leveraged position. Yes we’re all for free speech but when an opposing side can not respond equally the dialog is no longer balanced.  
We need equal balanced dialogues.  

17 minutes ago, Andie said:

Not so much a monopoly as a heavily leveraged position. Yes we’re all for free speech but when an opposing side can not respond equally the dialog is no longer balanced.  
We need equal balanced dialogues.  

I am thinking a political monopoly because the Democrats will try to wipe out political competition by use of money and anything they can use to a massive advantage.

IDK.  Suburban parents are not fond of far left policies. Mom and Dads still want to send their kids to balanced school programs, without a political agenda.  Private schools are popular today for this reason. 
I'm all for choice in education. I wish I had gone to a better high school regardless of its background.  I wanted to be better prepared.