December 2023 Weather in the PNW

TigerWoodsLibido

13 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

I like a more continental flavor though.  Snow isn't everything.

Montana does have a better climate than Hokkaido in every other respect.  We get much colder, we have *much* nicer summers, and we get snow at really bizarre times of the year.  Like August.  Lol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Thank u so mich. I hate admitting failure after preaching reduntantly on this forum but I’ve been afraid I can’t beat this disease since it came back at me last summer. sorry for effing up 😂 

You are not a failure.

Nobody's perfect but it takes courage to be able to admit when you made a mistake. That shows great humility and it's honestly really encouraging to me. One of my struggles is with drinking way too much soda drinks and while it probably wouldn't be considered the same level as alcoholism by experts, it's still addictive. I'm trying really hard to drink a lot less of it because it's really bad for your body and my teeth have suffered a lot because of it. A few years ago, I dealt with some of the worst mouth pain I've ever experienced and had to spend lots of money on dentist bills. Root canals are awful and I even had to have one of my back teeth pulled because the cavity was so huge and that tooth itself has had multiple fillings. While there is usually more than one factor, my soda drink intake, specifically Dr. Pepper, was likely a big contributor. It got to the point where I felt like I had no control to resist the craving. I'm doing a lot better now but still not perfect. Had a can of it today at work but didn't drink the whole thing. Take it one day at a time, Phil and stay strong.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, SnowySeeker50 said:

Heavy fog and 38f currently, about 100 feet visibility

We need a fog react. I wish I had a fog react to use on posts that talk about fog.

• Like 2

2023 - 2024 Cold Season Stats

Total Snowfall - 0.75”

Max Snow Depth - 0.5”

Coldest High Temp - 21 (Jan 13)

Coldest Low Temp - 9 (Jan 13)

Number of Freezes - 51

Sub-40 highs - 12

Highs 32 or lower - 3

47 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

I like a more continental flavor though.  Snow isn't everything.

Hell no. I'll take overcast, 28 degrees, and steady snow all day over extreme cold every time. Sunshine is nasty.

• Like 1
  • Snow 1

The mean comes out with freezing mins for Seattle late in the run on the GEFS.  Decent run, and oh so close to being really good.  I'm really pulling for this one since it's January.

• Like 3
  • Shivering 2

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

59 minutes ago, Cold Snap said:

Yeah if we could get something decent this January especially in a strong El Niño I will be very happy with this winter.

I'm on pins and needles with this.  Great potential.

• Like 3

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

3 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

The mean comes out with freezing mins for Seattle late in the run on the GEFS.  Decent run, and oh so close to being really good.  I'm really pulling for this one since it's January.

I’m gone from 12-16. So as long as any goods are before or after that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Thank u so mich. I hate admitting failure after preaching reduntantly on this forum but I’ve been afraid I can’t beat this disease since it came back at me last summer. sorry for effing up 😂 

Perseverance!
Were all fighting something along our journeys. Failure only happens when you give up so you haven’t failed at all.  Bumps do occurred along the road but in the same one of those bumps can have huge consequence so fight like hell against this demon. 

On a weather note loving the prospects of snow and cold and Happy New years all 😊

• Like 2

The AI model is the prettiest with the second trough.  Best I've seen yet from this model.

Wed 10 Jan 2024 18 UTC (T+234)

• Like 5
  • Shivering 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

3 minutes ago, Gradient Keeper said:

00z ECMWF 10 Day Rainfall, Snowfall totals. Winter returns!

image.png

image.png

It is really trying to get there on this run.

• Like 4
  • Snow 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Apparently the autopilot deflated and couldn’t be blown back up and the plane crashed. RIP June Cleaver. Guess I’m watching something else now as I have been staring at that little dot in the corner for 10min now hoping the movie would come back on. 

IMG_1493.jpeg

• Like 1
  • lol 1
  • Sad 2

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth!