PNW November 2021 Wx Obs/Discussion

Meatyorologist

1 hour ago, TT-SEA said:

Quick poll just for fun... you have to pick one:

• This upcoming pattern change leads to amazing cold and snow in 10 days in early December... but then its raining and in the 50s for the week of Christmas.
  • This upcoming pattern change fails to deliver any cold or snow in early December... but it leads to even more amazing cold and snow during in the second half of December focused on the week of Christmas.

A white Christmas just seem so magical to me, and I know I could use a little extra magic and joy this year...

• Snow 1

4 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Pretty obvious that the 00Z GFS is going to be really good after day 10. 

I’m not sure about that. It looks very progressive.

• Weenie 1

We managed to get the cut-off low more favorable, but the ridge offshore needs to back to the west a bit with a strong ridge merger. This run was not far from seeing that, but even if we do see that the flow is a touch too progressive. Still plenty of time for this to change and a ton of potential remains. Will it just remain as potential or will it be realized. No idea.

• Like 1

While the 00Z GFS is still very wet to the north over the next 10 days... there seems to be more pronounced shadowing around Vancouver BC and Whatcom County than previous runs.    Obviously the heavy rain in the mountains still has to flow out but it might spare them another disaster up there. 

gfs-deterministic-nw-qpf_anom_10day-8662400.png

• Like 5

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

1 minute ago, TT-SEA said:

While the 00Z GFS is still very wet to the north over the next 10 days... there seems to be more pronounced shadowing around Vancouver BC and Whatcom County than previous runs.    Obviously the heavy rain in the mountains still has to flow out but it might spare them another disaster up there. 

gfs-deterministic-nw-qpf_anom_10day-8662400.png

This needs to be south of the columbia tbh. 

• Like 4