Thunder98

People weren't marching because of rights that have been taken away already. People were marching for what Trump has said he is going to do when he is president and what the Repubs are planning on doing already:

Taking away Planned Parenthood

Taking away money for domestic violence support

Removing regulations meant to protect the planet

Discriminatory measures against people of different religion and race

Putting someone in charge of our education system who is completely clueless

Having a cabinet that is the richest and most unqualified to understand the working class

Getting rid of Obamacare with no replacement

I could go on and on and on.......

I would get called out for a post like this regardless of what it said. Just saying.

You understand what getting rid of the mandate will do to premiums, right? I hope you do. You know why they have the mandate, right? If they get rid of the mandate and keep everything else, insurance companies are going to take a beating. I get how some people can have a beef with it, but I also don't think a lot of people understand the importance if you're going to keep the good things of Obamacare. So, yes, this really isn't a "replacement" option because you're going to have to make some other major changes if this is the case.. otherwise prices literally have to go up, because less healthy people will be signed up, and that will ultimately rise premiums/deductibles. A system that keeps provisions like kids staying until 26, pre-existing conditions, no cap limits only can stay alive if healthy people are signing up too. And part of the (again, part of) the season the ACA didn't work as well was because more people took the penalty than they anticipated and weren't paying into the health insurance, therefore the price increased. There are some things to tweak, but I just don't see how ridding of the mandate is going to help a majority of the working class people.

You understand what getting rid of the mandate will do to premiums, right? I hope you do. You know why they have the mandate, right? If they get rid of the mandate and keep everything else, insurance companies are going to take a beating. I get how some people can have a beef with it, but I also don't think a lot of people understand the importance if you're going to keep the good things of Obamacare. So, yes, this really isn't a "replacement" option because you're going to have to make some other major changes if this is the case.. otherwise prices literally have to go up, because less healthy people will be signed up, and that will ultimately rise premiums/deductibles. A system that keeps provisions like kids staying until 26, pre-existing conditions, no cap limits only can stay alive if healthy people are signing up too. And part of the (again, part of) the season the ACA didn't work as well was because more people took the penalty than they anticipated and weren't paying into the health insurance, therefore the price increased. There are some things to tweak, but I just don't see how ridding of the mandate is going to help a majority of the working class people.

I swear it's like you wait for me to post. Lol. Comment wasn't directed at you. As the last few have not been. I'm fine with someone calling BS on me whether right or wrong but you can do it to the whiny liberal BS artist in here also any time you want. Feel free. You won't and haven't.

We'll still disagree on this issue. We already know that. I merely posted what the act does.

The fact here that is undeniable is that there will be literally zero improvement on any scale by anyone until drug companies are sharply corrected and properly regulated. This would solve almost all the issues that both Republicans and Democrats are concerned about while still improving coverages for those with preexisting conditions by drastically reduced costs to providers. The problem being that neither party will even remotely touch the drug companies while we as a nation finance medical research for the entire planet.

ca12a3152fbe41b99872949d2d60667f.jpg

I will respond to you Ok, but have classes and internship all day. I don't disagree with a lot of what you say by the way, and just happened to check the site last night like right after you posted that. Don't take it too personal, you're actually one of the people I enjoy bantering with because you'll listen and actually support your side. But don't think I'm ignoring you today, not that you would think that anyway :P the discussion on the ACA or healthcare in general is always a good one to have, as long as people are actually listening and presenting some type of factual and understandable argument, which you have.

Hey Illinois people, so I got some violations in the mail today over missed tolls on the Tollway and its a couple hundred dollars, I dont pass through IL too often, so could I get away with just not paying them like a parking ticket in a city you arent going back to?

Not sure about that. Never been in that situation before. They are a pain in the a** though. You can call and negotiate them down. Those fee's are redic.

Hey Illinois people, so I got some violations in the mail today over missed tolls on the Tollway and its a couple hundred dollars, I dont pass through IL too often, so could I get away with just not paying them like a parking ticket in a city you arent going back to?

No that'll go on your driving record, you should definitely call and see if you can get them lowered though because the penalty is insane.

Sean Spicer with a good explanation on why so many Trump supporters/Trump are frustrated with the media

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/823632772203806720

Oh you poor people, seems like you guys need a safe space to go off into your alternative reality where facts and that stuff don't matter. Lol at you all for being anti-PC and then throwing this out there. Who's the real snowflake.

They terminated TPP. Nice.

They did not "terminate TPP." This is what people don't realie. TPP is now alive and very well, and now China is angling at taking over. You know Obama worked on TPP to counter China, right?

This will likely only help China, and that's why someone like McCain wasn't comfortable with it. I get people's gripe with it, but abondoning the idea is actually not a great idea because it'll now actually give china more leverage and they take the throne in that deal.

Also, the US was never part of TPP officially, so it's not possible to terminate something you never belonged to. Bascially whats going to happen is those 11 remaining countries will have to rewrite the deal and likely have to find another global superpower - which, like I said, will likely be China.

Not sure about that. Never been in that situation before. They are a pain in the a** though. You can call and negotiate them down. Those fee's are redic.

No that'll go on your driving record, you should definitely call and see if you can get them lowered though because the penalty is insane.

thanks

and yea those tolls are a pain in the a**.  Especially how they are so close together.  Just make it a toll when you get on and leave and at the end of the road. 

thanks

and yea those tolls are a pain in the a**. Especially how they are so close together. Just make it a toll when you get on and leave and at the end of the road.

Oh trust me, I know. I've done it myself and had to pay fines. But make sure to try to take care of that so it doesn't turn into something bigger.

Just curious, what specifically would you like to see done to fix NAFTA?

I was thinking that we can use it as leverage against Mexico for things such as illegal immigration.  Honestly I dont think there is much we can do to fix it other then destroy it so we might as well use it to make them enforce border laws. 

And I dont see a wall being built. Maybe electronic stuff being put in, but an actual wall isnt happening. 

They did not "terminate TPP." This is what people don't realie. TPP is now alive and very well, and now China is angling at taking over. You know Obama worked on TPP to counter China, right?

This will likely only help China, and that's why someone like McCain wasn't comfortable with it. I get people's gripe with it, but abondoning the idea is actually not a great idea because it'll now actually give china more leverage and they take the throne in that deal.

Also, the US was never part of TPP officially, so it's not possible to terminate something you never belonged to. Bascially whats going to happen is those 11 remaining countries will have to rewrite the deal and likely have to find another global superpower - which, like I said, will likely be China.

Depends on which liberal news source you're using. Lol. Ahem CNN. Trump merely getting elected was supposed to destroy the economy wasn't it?

I don't know any world where being in a massive trade deficit is a good thing.

Trump is still telling people he won the popular vote despite being sworn as president last week. At the first meeting of democrats and republicans as president he spent the first 10 minutes talking about the election and how there were 3-5 million illegal votes cast otherwise he would have won that too. Get over it dude. You're president already. So insecure. Insecurity is a scary trait in someone who's POTUS

Oh you poor people, seems like you guys need a safe space to go off into your alternative reality where facts and that stuff don't matter. Lol at you all for being anti-PC and then throwing this out there. Who's the real snowflake.

Show me a candidate for president who was laughed at for running, told he couldn't do this or that and been bashed by news organizations non stop

Obama was never treated like that and it just shows the bias "reporting" has right now