2020 - 2021 California and Southwest Weather Discussion Thread

Thunder98

The best may be yet to come.

Some heavier rain arrived here after 9 PM, and is still ongoing (although radar is indicating that it will end shortly). 0.30" here. Finally surpassed 10" for the season, which I was hoping would happen.

From Sunday to Tuesday I got 2.11'' of rain. Most of that rain came on Monday.

The Central Coast region from Monterey to your area did much better with this storm than areas further south. The cold front weakened as it reached the L.A. Basin. The last storm brought just over 2.5" to my area here in Orange, and it was good to see your area get some much-needed rain, as I know your region has been rather dry in recent years.

• Like 1

Where do you work? They have not closed down your business or gave mandatory work from home orders yet?

A restaurant. My work has been affected but I still have to go most days.

An additional round of showers (probably the last for now) upped my total to 0.75".

Climate change.

Used to be June Gloom. Now it's all of March, April, May, and June, any maybe July.

No, you just hate everything.

If anything Southern California has gotten notably warmer and sunnier overall in recent decades. But you ignore the fact that the overall trends have been in your favor and hyper focus on the weather you dislike, which seems to be most weather.

Maybe an honesty path.

I check on here to see what California's weather is doing and just see endless complaining from the same person all the time. It's either too wet or too dry or too cold or too cloudy or too sunny. At a certain point it is your general outlook on life that is to blame...not the weather.

Maybe my tolerance for pointless negativity is especially low right now with everything else that's going on in the world.

Maybe an honesty path.

I check on here to see what California's weather is doing and just see endless complaining from the same person all the time. It's either too wet or too dry or too cold or too cloudy or too sunny. At a certain point it is your general outlook on life that is to blame...not the weather.

Maybe my tolerance for pointless negativity is especially low right now with everything else that's going on in the world.

Nice weather and sunshine helps to make the current situation less stressful. However, it even felt nice to great outside in the drizzle the other day, rather than being stuck at home all day, and I kept my distance away from other people.

And when have I ever complained about sunny weather here?