August 2016 Observations and Model Discussion for the Pacific Northwest

Geos

I felt the wrath of that earlier this summer.   He resorts to name-calling very quickly when he can't get his point across.   Right or wrong about the point being made... its tacky.

Got to cut him some slack, what with the losing a child to SIDS and his resultant alcohol problem.  I think he's come a long way.  

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

I'm not part of this discussion, but I will say that insults from you ring a little bit hollow. Just yesterday you accused me of having Aspergers and not being able to read (what an indictment!)...because I disagreed with you. And you called another guy on here the "mother of all that's stupid" or whatever you said.

It seems like you get off on insulting other people more than anything else. Its not a very good look.

You took my post(s) completely out of context on multiple occasions yesterday. No one else seemed to have that particular problem. I'm aware that many of my posts are filled with acronyms and somewhat theoretical concepts that might not make sense..sometimes I forget to elaborate on things, and I take responsibility for that.

As for GHweatherChris, the dude adds nothing..he's only here to troll. I'm surprised you're even defending the d**chebag.

I did so.

As for the rest, that makes sense, but you still never really explained your rationale. No worries. We are out the door soon.

Enjoy your new debate with Phil!

I didn't realize that was directed at me.  I thought it was more of a indictment against the whole.

As for me, we'll see what happens over the next few weeks.  If I have to GUESS right now, I'd say October comes in a little warm.  

The spread in this months lows to highs are big, if the next 2 days pan out exactly as forecast, KLMT will be -1.0 from normal lows and +3.8 from normal highs. Typically in a warm month, both lows and highs would be warmer than average. At least most of the time I guess ;)

Ashland, KY Weather

'23-'24 Winter

Snowfall - 5.50"
First freeze: 11/1 (32)
Minimum: 2 on 1/17

Measurable snows: 4
Max 1 day snow: 3" (1/19)

Thunders: 22
1/27, 1/28, 2/10, 2/22, 2/27, 2/28, 3/5, 3/6, 3/14, 3/15
3/26, 3/30, 3/31, 4/2, 4/3, 4/8, 5/4, 5/5, 5/6, 5/7
5/8, 5/15, 

Severe storms: 2

-------------------------------------------------------
[Klamath Falls, OR 2010 to 2021]
https://imgur.com/SuGTijl

I like blue cheese.

Plus blue is blue and ketchup is red. Blue maps are better than red maps.

Too bad tabasco sauce and blue cheese don't usually compliment one another. :(

You took my post(s) completely out of context on multiple occasions yesterday. No one else seemed to have that particular problem. I'm aware that many of my posts are filled with acronyms and somewhat theoretical concepts that might not make sense..sometimes I forget to elaborate on things, and I take responsibility for that.

As for GHweatherChris, the dude adds nothing..he's only here to troll. I'm surprised you're even defending the d**chebag.

No.

And inventor of the Opti-Grab!

You should be laying it down in Hawaii, man. Why waste your life celebrating ridging and sunshine in the land of constant troughs?

And I'm the one supposedly above the fray?  

No.

Yes.

You also struggled to grasp elementary concepts put forth by Front Ranger. It's obviously an argumentative tactic on your part.

You should be laying it down in Hawaii, man. Why waste your life celebrating ridging and sunshine in the land of constant troughs?

Speaking of, we're planning a trip there.  Mom and dad's 50th anniversary!  Wanna go?  

Speaking of, we're planning a trip there. Mom and dad's 50th anniversary! Wanna go?

As long as there's whisky. :)

• Like 1

12Z ECMWF shows a fairly sunny weekend... and slowing warming up.    From around 70 on Saturday to the mid and upper 70s by Labor Day in Seattle.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

I don't know about wisky, but there could definitely be Whisky!

Might need a little liquid courage to allow you to test my testosterone levels.

I blame autocorrect for that one.

The rate of alcohol metabolization is actually a good indicator of one's testosterone levels, all else being equal.

• Like 1

I blame autocorrect for that one.

The rate of alcohol metabolization is actually a good indicator of one's testosterone levels, all else being equal.

I hear fits of rage are as well.  I think yours are probably just fine.  

Busy day in here!

Was socked in with fog good this morning. Could only see a couple blocks for awhile. Now sunny with just a bit of haze. 

Towards Jesse's Huckleberry picking today... it wasn't Huckleberries that I saw a lot of this past weekend, but regular blueberries that were in abundance above 3000' east of here in the mountains. Very tasty!  :)  

Mercer Island, 350 ft

2021-2022: 11.6", 02/21

2020-2021: 15.6"

2019-2020: ~10"

2018-2019 winter snowfall total: 29.5"

2017-2018: 9.0", 2016-2017: 14.0"

Preceded by this.

oct.png

Hopefully we see something more like this in 2016.

cos.png

You'd really wish that upon me? :(

Anything but a nationwide blowtorch will be fine with me.

12Z ECMWF shows a fairly sunny weekend... and slowing warming up.    From around 70 on Saturday to the mid and upper 70s by Labor Day in Seattle.

Would be a shame if we didn't at least score a shitty weekend out of this.  

Would be a shame if we didn't at least score a shitty weekend out of this.  

74, 75, 80 at PDX with sunshine each day of 3-day weekend per the 12Z ECMWF.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

I hear fits of rage are as well. I think yours are probably just fine.

In that case, Kevin Martin probably holds the universal testosterone record.

• Like 1

In that case, Kevin Martin probably holds the universal testosterone record.

I hate to tell you, and granted it's on a much smaller scale, you are the forum's Kevin Martin.  That is unless Kevin Martin is released from prison and rejoins.  In that case Kevin Martin would be Kevin Martin.  

Not likely accurate, but not too upsettingly warm either.  Nice balance!  

500mb/850mb levels make me think its too warm... but PDX runs warm!   

Phil translator - I disagreed with Front Ranger.

There ya go again Phil. B)

Yeah..

What have you done? And about what?

I'm just curious.

His argument is fairy straightforward, dude.

What was the argument?

:huh:

I've already explained how I use OLM a couple times today. Not sure what you're trying to get at.

This is why debating with you can be irritating. Halfway through you'll either forget (or pretend to forget) the initial point of argument as it pertains to the evolution of the discussion. Again, obviously an argumentative tactic on your part, IMO.

Yeah..

This is why debating with you can be irritating. Halfway through you'll either forget or pretend to forget the initial point of argument as it pertains to the evolution of the discussion.

Maybe its because the initial point of the argument gets buried to such an extent to where the discussion is no longer about anything in particular, necessitating questions?